Register Now
NightmareFarm

What game based on a TV Show would you want made?

Grand Theft Auto could likely work as a TV show if it was less up its own arse about social commentary like it was in GTAV (see how George A. Romero was post-Dawn of the Dead). I think the potential for serious writing peaked in San Andreas/IV, however The Ballad of Gay Tony could act as the elevator pitch for a series in the wacky vein of GTAV.

I could see a Tomb Raider mini-series about daring raids and more daring escapes, but I can't see episodes being 40 minutes long; I'm thinking more along the lines of 8-minute episodes on YouTube, like how Payday used to do them.

If we're talking full on episodes and series, I'd like to see Resident Evil adapted, but more for how it happened rather than what we know it as today. I'd like to see the legal and political side of how the T-Virus came about, the medical and scientific side and all the morals that came with it, and finally how people dealt with it in the early hours/days. As I don't know much about Resident Evil (but would like to), that'd be a way I could wrap my head around it all.

Off the top of my head my final suggestion would be We Happy Few, a game wherein people of Wellington Wells are forced to be happy after doing something terrible during the (Second World?) war. Seeing characters deal with the Orwellian world they have to live in, and attempts to escape it, would be interesting as either an anthology or full-blown serial.

8 minutes ago, Withywarlock said:

Grand Theft Auto could likely work as a TV show if it was less up its own arse about social commentary like it was in GTAV (see how George A. Romero was post-Dawn of the Dead). I think the potential for serious writing peaked in San Andreas/IV, however The Ballad of Gay Tony could act as the elevator pitch for a series in the wacky vein of GTAV.

I could see a Tomb Raider mini-series about daring raids and more daring escapes, but I can't see episodes being 40 minutes long; I'm thinking more along the lines of 8-minute episodes on YouTube, like how Payday used to do them.

If we're talking full on episodes and series, I'd like to see Resident Evil adapted, but more for how it happened rather than what we know it as today. I'd like to see the legal and political side of how the T-Virus came about, the medical and scientific side and all the morals that came with it, and finally how people dealt with it in the early hours/days. As I don't know much about Resident Evil (but would like to), that'd be a way I could wrap my head around it all.

Off the top of my head my final suggestion would be We Happy Few, a game wherein people of Wellington Wells are forced to be happy after doing something terrible during the (Second World?) war. Seeing characters deal with the Orwellian world they have to live in, and attempts to escape it, would be interesting as either an anthology or full-blown serial.

I meant TV shows adapted as a game rather than the other way around. Does sound interesting though.

1 minute ago, NightmareFarm said:

I meant TV shows adapted as a game rather than the other way around. Does sound interesting though.

It would help if I read the title, my apologies!

Breaking Bad, as a GTA style game, I think could work. I doubt it would have anywhere near the scope and size of a Rockstar sandbox, but I could see an open world game working all the same. A BB game made by in the style of Telltale on the other hand... that I could go with, but then I'd say that of most TV shows I'd want adapted like Lucifer, The Collector, Doctor Who, and so on. 😅

17 minutes ago, Withywarlock said:

It would help if I read the title, my apologies!

Breaking Bad, as a GTA style game, I think could work. I doubt it would have anywhere near the scope and size of a Rockstar sandbox, but I could see an open world game working all the same. A BB game made by in the style of Telltale on the other hand... that I could go with, but then I'd say that of most TV shows I'd want adapted like Lucifer, The Collector, Doctor Who, and so on. 😅

I don't think the world would need to be that big since breaking bad is almost entirely set in alberqueque with not too many common locations. But because of that the devs could put more effort into making the city feel more alive. 

Ozark as an open world game would be fantastic to play. It could allow you to start your own business in the Ozarks and you have to battle other gangs/crews/mobs to make sure your crops and business isn't affected by their actions. Would be amazing to just drive around that area as well.

Kind of a boring answering as I don't really watched many tv shows the past few years but a huge open world game of thrones game sounds like a good idea, one where you can play multiple characters, there is so many lore for potential ideas you could turn it into several games. You woulden't even need the main characters from the tv show in the game to make it interesting.

5 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

Kind of a boring answering as I don't really watched many tv shows the past few years but a huge open world game of thrones game sounds like a good idea, one where you can play multiple characters, there is so many lore for potential ideas you could turn it into several games. You woulden't even need the main characters from the tv show in the game to make it interesting.

You should try and watch Moon Knight. I'm currently in the last 6th episode of season 1. You will love it believe me.