Register Now
Patrik

Flying in video games

Flying is an option in lot of games but not that enjoyable experience in many, in GTA games, you can't mention flying without remembering how pain it is (i'm sure you remember the demolition mission from GTA Vice City, Flight school in GTA SA, Stealing mission from GTA IV and fewer ones from GTA V), there is also around 3 missions in N'sane Trilogy (Crash bandicoot) where you have to fly using a jetpack, the controls are super bruh there.

What do you think about it? 

Flying in GTA is just normal GTA style.. Nothing like getting into a flight simulator and learning and doing it if it was so realism. This week for me has been the BAE146 🙂 Flight school is just rubbish in GTA, then again it is GTA with a keyboard or controller. 

In Saints Row 3 you get to fly a jet, helicopter, and other aircraft which is fun as hell going through the city and shooting everything. You fly drones through the city in Watch Dogs Legion and is a great experience. I had an amazing experience with dogfighting in Battlefield 1. I would like more of that. Destroy All Humans was fun flying around the saucer and killing everyone. 

On 5/3/2022 at 9:34 AM, Patrik said:

Flying is an option in lot of games but not that enjoyable experience in many, 

This pretty much sums up my feelings about planes in games. I always felt like it was tacked on in open world games because devs think it's a necessary thing to have in an open world game. Gta 3 had one plane you could fly and how many people could get it even off the ground i never made it past the airport from what i remember, the plane mission in gta vice city where you have to spread flyers for a movie and fly trough checkpoints around the city is was one of the most frustrating missions in the game, quite a few people got stuck on that mission.

Don't get me wrong i don't hate planes in games aslong the controls don't suck i'm fine with them being in the game as they make perfect sense in over the top games like saints row and just cause to name a few to wreck some havoc. 

On 5/5/2022 at 2:08 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

In Saints Row 3 you get to fly a jet, helicopter, and other aircraft which is fun as hell going through the city and shooting everything. You fly drones through the city in Watch Dogs Legion and is a great experience. I had an amazing experience with dogfighting in Battlefield 1. I would like more of that. Destroy All Humans was fun flying around the saucer and killing everyone. 

Just like you do in most Flight Simulation video games. Which one would be your favorite amongst the one's that you have played? 

I like flight in GTA, it's a nice pastime. In MMOs however, it's rather controversial: convenient, but it means all the work the developers do is undone, it makes open world PvP infinitely harder, and very rarely is it used for any more than transport without its own restrictions or mechanics. I call it the Pandora's Box of Vidya: once it's added to the game it can never be removed.

14 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

I like flight in GTA, it's a nice pastime. In MMOs however, it's rather controversial: convenient, but it means all the work the developers do is undone, it makes open world PvP infinitely harder, and very rarely is it used for any more than transport without its own restrictions or mechanics. I call it the Pandora's Box of Vidya: once it's added to the game it can never be removed.

To some extent, it doesn't defeat the purpose of being set up in MMOs. It kind of fit the objectives of what MMOs is all about. Yes, it can be a good pain in the ass but it's fun in its own way.