Register Now
StaceyPowers

What would you want from a TLOU III game?

I don't think voluntarily joining forces would  be realistic given their history.

The way it could work is if someone does come up with a cure that could be created without killing Ellie, but a rival faction kidnaps her and wants to keep the cure. And through circumstance Abby has to go to another continent to get her back. Most post apocalyptic games like Fallout are set in the US, so it would be nice if a post apocalyptic game was set in an entirely other location for once.

It would be a few years after the second, and Abby and Lev would be on separate paths, Abby after loosing everything would be working as a mercenary for hire, thus she'd get the assignment to get Ellie back. Only finding out that it is actually her after accepting the contract. But when she gets to the enemy compound it turns out Ellie already escaped, so Abby has to track her, but Ellie thinks they are tracking her to re-capture her, not to bring her home. Of course the player would again alternate between both characters.

At least that's my fan fiction. 

I personally can't see Abby and Ellie uniting for a common goal, at least no right away, there's too much anger and bitterness between . Something major would have to happen in the game to bring those two together. I can sort of of picture a scenario similar to what @m76 has described, but honestly I'm reluctant to even speculate because the franchise is not built of what people want, it's meant to have an impact, be unforgiving and harsh, much like the games setting. If the horrid behaviour of people with regard to The last of Us Part II proved anything, it's that fans are not ones to listen too.

3 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

An absence of creatures that would trigger my trypophobia so that I could actually play at least one game in the damn series.

You know how much I sympathise with you over that, but I think we both know that's not gonna happen.

7 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

An absence of creatures that would trigger my trypophobia so that I could actually play at least one game in the damn series.

Those creatures are very big part of the game, it would be like asking for there to be no zombies in The Walking Dead. 

On 5/4/2022 at 1:06 PM, Shagger said:

the franchise is not built of what people want, it's meant to have an impact, be unforgiving and harsh, much like the games setting. If the horrid behaviour of people with regard to The last of Us Part II proved anything, it's that fans are not ones to listen too.

You're right. What I want most from TLOU III would be for Neil Druckmann to tell the story he wants to tell 🙂

On 5/5/2022 at 1:04 AM, The Blackangel said:

I thought that I was the only one who never felt comfortable with those creatures in the game. The kind goose bumps I have whenever I see them is crazy. 

The only way I'd like to see a sequel (and honestly, one of the only few ways you could do a sequel involving Ellie; considering the second games ending) is if you had Abby go all the way to Jackson to convince Ellie that the Santa Catalina fireflies are back to looking for a cure.

On 5/5/2022 at 1:04 AM, The Blackangel said:

If only that was possible, because those creatures make a huge part of the game and it wouldn't be as complete as the game is made to feel without them. I sincerely hope something could be done to make the game more user Friendly to everyone who might be interested in playing it.

On 5/29/2022 at 11:16 PM, Empire said:

The only way I'd like to see a sequel (and honestly, one of the only few ways you could do a sequel involving Ellie; considering the second games ending) is if you had Abby go all the way to Jackson to convince Ellie that the Santa Catalina fireflies are back to looking for a cure.

In end everything boils down to finding a cure. They will surely know how write that up if they're planning on doing that. 

It would be interesting if TLOU did a tie in with Days Gone since TLOU2 took place in Seattle and Days Gone took place in Oregon. Both are Sony exclusives. It'll never happen, but I think it's a pretty good idea maybe as a DLC. I really don't know what I would want from a TLOU3. If they find a cure then that's obviously the end of the series. As far as locations, they have covered everything from cities to suburbs, apartments, hospitals, country, coast, and everything in between. They could give us an idea how the apocalypse is across the globe somewhere in old country and have them cross paths to survivors in the states. You could have an aircraft carrier still in commission or something like that to be able to connect continents. Or even a creepy barge. But I think a carrier/destroyer would bring some wild action as to merge continents.  

1 minute ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

It would be interesting if TLOU did a tie in with Days Gone since TLOU2 took place in Seattle and Days Gone took place in Oregon. Both are Sony exclusives. It'll never happen, but I think it's a pretty good idea maybe as a DLC. I really don't know what I would want from a TLOU3. If they find a cure then that's obviously the end of the series. As far as locations, they have covered everything from cities to suburbs, apartments, hospitals, country, coast, and everything in between. They could give us an idea how the apocalypse is across the globe somewhere in old country and have them cross paths to survivors in the states. You could have an aircraft carrier still in commission or something like that to be able to connect continents. Or even a creepy barge. But I think a carrier/destroyer would bring some wild action as to merge continents.  

A tie between the last of us and days gone would be great . Like deacon from days gone and Joel from the last of us coming together to achieve a common goal since they are both grizzled characters who have lost those most important to them and would do whatever they feel necessary to survive.