Register Now
StaceyPowers

Consistent armor/weapon/combat style choices you make across games?

Are there any choices you make regarding armor, weapons or combat styles across all or almost all games you play?

For example, I don’t think I have ever deliberately used heavy armor, no matter what I am playing.

But I am a lot less consistent with weapons choices.

Armor: Style over function. I don't care if an armor has worse stats if it looks cooler I'm sticking with it.

Weapons: Prefer pistols and sniper rifles, rarely use automatic weapons or shotguns

Fantasy weapons: I prefer two handed swords or axes and physical brute strength characters, over mages and rogues. I don't think I've ever used any magic in The Elder Scrolls series beyond the basic healing spell.

I usually go with a rouge set with a bit of magic, but I also like to focus on a character's ability to craft and improve weapons and armour. In most games you can manufacture better gear that what you'll find laying around with the right skills, perks and so on.

In shooters, I always value accuracy and single shot power over a high rate of fire. Attack at longer range and save ammo.

On 5/4/2022 at 9:13 PM, kingpotato said:

Heavy armor, always , if I can choose Im always the tank

What's the game that you have played with the best Heavy armor when compared to kind of damage it can take...? 

16 hours ago, Heatman said:

What's the game that you have played with the best Heavy armor when compared to kind of damage it can take...? 

How about if you tell us about your choice first ? You have not answered the thread's question yet

On 5/10/2022 at 2:58 PM, kingpotato said:

How about if you tell us about your choice first ? You have not answered the thread's question yet

As for my armor, I would always like the very best because I'm always the all guns blazing type, so the heavy armor is going to do me a lot of good by reducing the damage I'm going to take. 

5 hours ago, Family sedan said:

I always go for the most amount of armor in Twisted Metal games and all games and I go for health whenever I can, because I'm frightened of dying.

Never go low on ammo because you also dead when you are out no matter the amount of health you have. 

11 hours ago, Family sedan said:

You're right and I try to stockpile everything.

Yep, when you have a lot of ammo, an armor that's literally hard to destroy and more health top up, you can easily play with ease.