Register Now
StaceyPowers

If you could go back in time and give your child self one video game available today …

Ok I seem to have missed quite a lot here!

On 5/10/2022 at 8:58 PM, The Blackangel said:

You guys play violin and guitar, while all I play is the aulos.

I had to Google it as well.... and I still don't quite understand them...  It looks like two recorders put together!

I read your explanation and it seems like an interesting instrument but they seem like a lot of work.  I almost feel like I'm cheating picking an instruments ans "easy" as guitar and bass.

Which brings me to....

On 5/13/2022 at 10:15 PM, Heatman said:

This video says it all on how difficult it is when it comes playing Trumpet. 

... this.  I'll be honest, I've never been a fan of brass instruments like this.  To me they only really work as part of large groups and for the effort that it takes it doesn't seem worth it.  Don't get me wrong I respect the hell outta this kid and anyone else who puts the effort in to learning it.  But, I would probably put that time into something a little more versatile that you might make more of a career out of like the sax, flute or clarinet.

Now I kinda feel like I owe VGR an apology, thanks to my initial post here this has gotten WAY off topic!  I would like this conversation to continue but perhaps on a new or existing topic on the music sub forum instead.

On 5/12/2022 at 7:29 PM, Heatman said:

Some of us wouldn't even have the mind to absorb and understand what such games is all about at such a young age. But it's definitely something worth exploring. 

I was thinking the same thing. I don't think our minds will see something as being more extraordinary than some other game. And I don't think we will take in the proper meanings of what we would today. You could take some dystopian game today and play as a kid, but not understand exactly who the villain is. Like an evil corporation, a kid would ask who is the bad guy? What is a corporation? Not understanding that having total control over people is wrong. 

On 5/14/2022 at 11:22 AM, Heatman said:

I did tried it once and my cheeks nearly blew up 😂. I had do drop it for Violin 🎻

Sorry though, it isn't easy blowing that up steady, but if you're ready for it, definitely you'll get acquainted with that instrument and playing it perfectly. 

17 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I was thinking the same thing. I don't think our minds will see something as being more extraordinary than some other game. And I don't think we will take in the proper meanings of what we would today. You could take some dystopian game today and play as a kid, but not understand exactly who the villain is. Like an evil corporation, a kid would ask who is the bad guy? What is a corporation? Not understanding that having total control over people is wrong. 

Exactly. I think that it would work more by taking a game from one's childhood that one never got to play and play it now. One can understand it better than doing it the way round. 

On 5/17/2022 at 7:35 AM, Heatman said:

Exactly. I think that it would work more by taking a game from one's childhood that one never got to play and play it now. One can understand it better than doing it the way round. 

If you were to pick at least 2 games from your childhood that you never played for you to play now, which one would it be? 

15 hours ago, Boblee said:

If you were to pick at least 2 games from your childhood that you never played for you to play now, which one would it be? 

It would be Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse and Ghostbusters II. They were released around 1989 and I never got to play them. 

Their are plenty options I can go back to, but it wouldn't be possible for me choosing them all at once. I'll gladly choose to back to the era of playing winning eleven 99 soccer, Twisted Metal Black, which I watched on as my friends played the game, I didn't get to play the twisted metal black on my own. 

On 5/8/2022 at 8:52 AM, Justin11 said:

I didn't get to play so much games as I wanted. I don't know about Bioshock infinite in the past, it would've been an option too. But I think, Pokémon red and blue, F.F 7 would've been a perfect option in my childhood gaming life. 

I would have gone head over heels to gift my self a Pokemon red and blue, or FIFA , the first I got then was on my PS2 but I was well above 10 years old when I started playing that game.

25 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

I would have gone head over heels to gift my self a Pokemon red and blue, or FIFA , the first I got then was on my PS2 but I was well above 10 years old when I started playing that game.

You've always shown that you're a FIFA class, but you didn't state the edition of FIFA you could've gone on to gift yourself which you couldn't get your hands on during your childhood? 

17 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Their are plenty options I can go back to, but it wouldn't be possible for me choosing them all at once. I'll gladly choose to back to the era of playing winning eleven 99 soccer, Twisted Metal Black, which I watched on as my friends played the game, I didn't get to play the twisted metal black on my own. 

I can't ever forget my experience with playing all of the Winning Eleven game's releases. I played all of them and never skipped one till they decided to kill off the game with their practices. 

26 minutes ago, Heatman said:

I can't ever forget my experience with playing all of the Winning Eleven game's releases. I played all of them and never skipped one till they decided to kill off the game with their practices. 

I don't know much about the series, the only edition I can remember in the series is the 99 edition of the game, very impressive back then. Just that I couldn't play it much, since I didn't own a console back then, I only watched through, and paid money in the game villa to play for some cameo. 

17 hours ago, Justin11 said:

You've always shown that you're a FIFA class, but you didn't state the edition of FIFA you could've gone on to gift yourself which you couldn't get your hands on during your childhood? 

It's what he loves to play and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Even if he talks about it always, I'd still respect that because we all love what we do. It's just the same thing with your loving Motor GP. 

3 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I don't know much about the series, the only edition I can remember in the series is the 99 edition of the game, very impressive back then. Just that I couldn't play it much, since I didn't own a console back then, I only watched through, and paid money in the game villa to play for some cameo. 

This is everything you need to know about the game with how it progressed.