Register Now
StaceyPowers

If you could go back in time and give your child self one video game available today …

On 5/4/2022 at 9:00 PM, kingpotato said:

I dont know if my kid self would have understood Bioshock Infinite xD I was very dull as a kid, but for sure my first pick is Skyrim and probably Ocarina of time, I was already a teen by the time I played my first Zelda game but I think I would have probably enjoyed it far more as a kid

That's a very honest comments, though I enjoyed complex games as a kid, I played games like advanced wars available on Nintendo, deus ex available on PS2 and pc. A game available now I would gift my kids would be blood Bourne or BioShock infinite.

On 6/7/2022 at 7:14 PM, Jasmin said:

China is a communist country, it can ban anything it wants and it has nothing to do with being right or wrong. They have banned google and facebook as well.

When Animal Crossing: New Horizons was banned in China, I never believed that was going to happen. Although there was an issue of gamers posting anti government messages in-game. 

6 hours ago, Clasher said:

That's a very honest comments, though I enjoyed complex games as a kid, I played games like advanced wars available on Nintendo, deus ex available on PS2 and pc. A game available now I would gift my kids would be blood Bourne or BioShock infinite.

You're going to be sending one packed up game of punishment with Bloodborne to the kid. I hope he's going to be tough enough to deal with it. 

When I was using PS2, I thought about getting GTA 5. It was elusive for me back then, but fortunately I got into it two years later via PS3. Currently I'm still having fun around the game, which is Rockstar GTA best selling game ever. 

2 hours ago, Justin11 said:

When I was using PS2, I thought about getting GTA 5. It was elusive for me back then, but fortunately I got into it two years later via PS3. Currently I'm still having fun around the game, which is Rockstar GTA best selling game ever. 

Ahh......  What are you talking about?  GTA 5 came out years after the PS2 bit the dust.

On 6/8/2022 at 7:47 AM, Dannyjax said:

It's shocking that with all the bans on a lot of things that's very essential to other countries, they are still doing very well for themselves. How can I be in China and give up so many games they have banned? I'm not sure if I can live there. 

It's something that they have been used to by now especially when it comes to their kids because it's mostly the games they play that are deemed too violent that's been banned. 

6 hours ago, kingpotato said:

He means that he was still playing on his ps2 by the time gta v came out because that was the only console he had at that time, and then he got a ps3 later on.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up.

On the one hand I'd like to say Dark Souls so I'd stop being such a sore loser, but then I would really like to have discovered RPGs sooner. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion would've been phenominal to me; I would never have thought that graphics and music would have advanced so much. Here's me thinking Disney's Hercules was the pinnacle of video game graphical fidelity, and 3D Movie Maker the height of animation.

16 hours ago, Boblee said:

When Animal Crossing: New Horizons was banned in China, I never believed that was going to happen. Although there was an issue of gamers posting anti government messages in-game. 

China has banned a lot of games saying the games are harming kids, but in reality they are just stopping money being moved out from their country. 

58 minutes ago, Jasmin said:

China has banned a lot of games saying the games are harming kids, but in reality they are just stopping money being moved out from their country. 

And also stopping the kids from having normal fun just like other kids all over the world. It's quite sad. 

18 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

You're going to be sending one packed up game of punishment with Bloodborne to the kid. I hope he's going to be tough enough to deal with it. 

I don't see anything too complicated with blood Bourne, I was fascinated with sci-fi and very tech savvy as a kid, so I believe I would still enjoy playing blood Bourne as a kid as much as I do now.

6 hours ago, Jasmin said:

Both parties are suffering it and I think that it's the kids that are suffering much because China is making serious money from their industrial sector. 

I'm not interested whatsoever concerns China banning anything, I've heard enough of their ban on different areas of specialization. Maybe they see dangers in some games their kids play and decided to save them from suffering the negative effects in the future.