Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games you had very high anticipation for that managed to beat your expectations?

Grand Theft Auto V and Red Dead Redemption 2 for me. The hype for GTA V especially was just massive when it originally came out on the Xbox 360 and it just blew away everyone I think that played the game. It looked great, had a good story, and the online was just on another level when it was released.

I ususally wait a month or two on super hyped games if I really want them. Watch some gameplay or reviews before I make a decision. Even Dark Souls remastered failed to deliver. Games like pokemon or WoW expansion however, I know what I'm expecting. I remember getting Starcrat 2 in store on release day.

I just do flight sims so many much hurs

On 5/5/2022 at 12:02 PM, Empire said:

I ususally wait a month or two on super hyped games if I really want them. Watch some gameplay or reviews before I make a decision. Even Dark Souls remastered failed to deliver. Games like pokemon or WoW expansion however, I know what I'm expecting. I remember getting Starcrat 2 in store on release day.

I just do flight sims so many much hurs

It was what I did with Gran Turismo 7. Yes, I know very well that the last release of the 6th edition was good but I wasn't taking any chances with the 7th edition of the game. I waited for a while before getting it. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

It was what I did with Gran Turismo 7. Yes, I know very well that the last release of the 6th edition was good but I wasn't taking any chances with the 7th edition of the game. I waited for a while before getting it. 

So you did end up buying it after all then, the sound of it 😉 

I end up waiting or till I get a good price deal, rather then spending the full amount. Farming sim 2019 I got 30% off and the game only been out for 12 hours 😛 

After the recommendation I got on getting Burnout 3 which I eventually did. From the little time I have been playing it, it's blown away all my expectations on it already. It's an unbelievably good game. 

9 hours ago, Empire said:

So you did end up buying it after all then, the sound of it 😉 

I end up waiting or till I get a good price deal, rather then spending the full amount. Farming sim 2019 I got 30% off and the game only been out for 12 hours 😛 

Yeah mate, I couldn't wait any longer for it. I have gotten all the confirmation I needed on how smooth it plays with least bugs/glitches. So, I'm good. 

14 hours ago, Boblee said:

After the recommendation I got on getting Burnout 3 which I eventually did. From the little time I have been playing it, it's blown away all my expectations on it already. It's an unbelievably good game. 

Wow, you eventually got Burnout 3. I'm happy that you took the recommendations made for you about the game. You didn't later start at the 2nd edition right? 

On 5/14/2022 at 11:14 AM, Heatman said:

Wow, you eventually got Burnout 3. I'm happy that you took the recommendations made for you about the game. You didn't later start at the 2nd edition right? 

I would have gotten the 2nd edition but I wasn't going to able to afford getting the 3rd one too. Since the recommendation for me were more in support of the 3rd edition, it's why I went for it. 

14 hours ago, Boblee said:

I would have gotten the 2nd edition but I wasn't going to able to afford getting the 3rd one too. Since the recommendation for me were more in support of the 3rd edition, it's why I went for it. 

It's still a very good decision if you ask me. At least, the reviews on the game recommendation paid off already and I'm quite sure that you're having a good time playing it. 

I got high hopes for GT 7, and when I got the game for $69 on my PS4 it didn't disappoint me at all. The features in the game are great, the good number of tournaments to play out for are huge indeed, and captivating.