Register Now
Cortyie

Games for two players

Hello, players! I need a help. Me and my fiance have a Xbox Series X. We love spending time playing video games together, on the one couch. So we are looking for the games with split screen. 
We've tried playing games like It Takes Two, Brothers, A Way Out. Now we want to try something new together.

Thank you!

You managed to list a couple of games I would have suggested already, so I'll have to dig a little deeper. Some of these game I'm about to list are, I admit, a little older, but if you haven't played them they knew to you both.

• Divinity: Original Sin: A top down RPG with a cooperative play mode. A fairly challenging and lengthy game, but you do have to be into the genre.
  • Child of Light: This is a beautiful game that can be played alone or cooperatively. At any point during the game, a second player can join and take control of Aurora’s companion Igniculus, who is a ball of light later discovered to be an Elemental and is able to fly freely around the screen. Because of that I'll admit it's probably not the most compelling cooperative experience on this list, but it's great game none the less.
  • Cuphead: I'll admit I haven't actually played this one, but main reason I haven't is because I did not want to play it alone. It's a fiercely difficult 2D platformer/sidescroller in the style of a 1930's cartoon. 
  • Haven: This is a game I started playing quite recently. It's a game where you play as a couple (can be a straight or same sex couple) exploring a strange planet in escape of you old lives in society. You look for materials and recourses on this mysterious planted in bid to eventually escape and find a new life. The gameplay is basic, but functional and is defiantly geared more towards coop. It's a sweet little game and makes sense to play as a couple.

Well, that's what I've got. Hopefully others have more ideas, but I hope that was helpful.

Edited by Shagger

Try The Dark Pictures Anthology series. Man Of Medan is a really good one. They're RPG's and every single little detail of what you do affects the entire story of the game. Even if you walk up stairs or make your bed. It's available for up to like 6 players if I remember right, but you pick the characters you want to control, and the game tells you when it's someones turn. So I highly recommend it.

Plus one on Heatman's suggestion to try out Overcooked. Both the first and second title are just amazing to play with family and friends although be prepared to start shouting at them too since it's quite stressful (in a good way :p). You can buy the Overcooked: All You Can Eat version which has both the first and second title and also a few next-gen updates which is quite nice.

On 5/5/2022 at 9:29 PM, Darth said:

Plus one on Heatman's suggestion to try out Overcooked. Both the first and second title are just amazing to play with family and friends although be prepared to start shouting at them too since it's quite stressful (in a good way :p). You can buy the Overcooked: All You Can Eat version which has both the first and second title and also a few next-gen updates which is quite nice.

I played it with my girlfriend and it was so fun for us. It's practically why I had to strongly recommend it. And you're spot on with how the game can get frustrating. 

One comes to mind is a game called The Way Out. is a fun ride that shows off a great cooperative experience, an interesting story, and some of the coolest camera work to ever grace a video game.It’s an extremely smooth experience with very few rough edges. That said, it lacks some of the content we’ve come to expect from interactive stories, which makes it a fun ride, but not something that you’ll likely return to again and again.

9 hours ago, Empire said:

One comes to mind is a game called The Way Out. is a fun ride that shows off a great cooperative experience, an interesting story, and some of the coolest camera work to ever grace a video game.It’s an extremely smooth experience with very few rough edges. That said, it lacks some of the content we’ve come to expect from interactive stories, which makes it a fun ride, but not something that you’ll likely return to again and again.

The graphics is quite decent and the way the characters moves, that's very realistic to say the least. I would be likely checking the game out sooner rather than later. 

9 hours ago, Empire said:

35 minutes ago, Heatman said:

The graphics is quite decent and the way the characters moves, that's very realistic to say the least. I would be likely checking the game out sooner rather than later. 

When you reply to a thread, it helps to actually read the thread, especially the opening post. @Cortyie already said they already played that game. Why is simply reading posts such an impossible task for some people?

Edited by Shagger

I don't think I have much to contribute when it comes to games that runs in a dual or splitted screen for couples. @Shagger gave a selected list of that kind of game to choose from, I believe the OP gonna be satisfied with the options. 

I'll say, you should try this Co op games games if you can;

* Don't starve together, but fortunately on Xbox one. 

* Left 4 Dead II ( Xbox series X compatible game)

*Rocket league, is an Xbox series X compatible game, you can try it. 

Surely we can add more games right? Man i've been thinking about this the last couple of days and it feels hard to find a few couch co-op games. But apart from the ones mentioned, especially with xbox one and series x in mind as per original posters request. Normally i like using arrows instead of dots but i'll list it the same as @shagger to keep it uniform.

• Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 : What do you get when you combine the 2 best puzzle franchises ever, yes this game. Highly addicting even in single player, it's most likely more fun to play it with a person on the couch. Imo this is the best puzzle game ever made so you can't go wrong either way.
  • Unravel 2: The first one diden't have have co op but the second you can play with a friend together on the couch, exellent puzzle platform where yarn plays a major role in solving puzzles. I think this may appeal to a lot of female gamers because of the cute art style.
  • Rayman Legends : Arguably The best platformer on a xbox console, you can't go wrong with this one. I know it's an older game but still worth playing today.
  • Team Sonic Racing : Nothing beats a kart racer to play in split screen.
  • Crash Team Racing nitro-fueled : Same as above, crash team racing is better then team sonic racing though.
  • Diablo 3: Damn i almost forgot about this, you know what diablo is if you don't then well then what are you even doing on a video game forum. J/K
  • Stardew Valley: I'm sorry i have to bring this game up every few days, but yes you can play stardew valley in co-op, you do have to build a cottage for your companion first. This is probably the best game ever made, so you can't go wrong either way.
  • Halo Master chief collection: The first 2 halo games are imo the best split screen games ever made, it made friendships and also destroyed them. we used to play with 4 players on a tiny Crt tv back in the day which made it even more hectic since you could barly see what you were doing. Nowadays with those huge 4k screens you shoulden't have a problem having fun with this one. As far as i know local split screen is included. If you have an xbox you probably have this already right?
  • Lego games: I think nearly all of them have local co-op so pick which one you like and go for it. I'd highly recomned Lego city undercover because it's not tied to any license or whatsoever and of the lego games i played i had the most fun with.
  • Streets of rage 4:  Can't have a list of local co-op games without a good old beat em up, so there you go. I think the second game is still the best in the series though but you can play that aswell on your xbox. See below
  • SEGA Mega Drive Classics / Genesis Classics : I should have listed this one on the top because it's just that good of a compilation, but you know streets of rage all 3 games are included, all the golden axe you could possibly want to play on the couch. Sonic 2, still holds up to this day playing together with a friend. I'm sure there are a ton more on this comp you could play together and if you're tired of playing with a partner, the best jrpg of all time is included aswell Phantasy star IV. There is even a rewind button and save states so you can restart where you left off.
  • Monopoly : Ubisoft released several monopoly games over the years, so just pick one that looks the most interesting to you. Now why would you play a board game on a console, because you can save your game, nobody can cheat and you don't have to stay up until 5am in the morning until the game would possibly be finished, i for one never in my life finished a monopoly game where only one person remained.

There are more i could list like Human Fall Flat, Moving out and Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime but i have not played these so i can't comment on how they are. I think if you try all those listed above you should be quite busy for a good amount of time.