Register Now
StaceyPowers

Times when you were attacked in games, but still felt like a murderer?

20 hours ago, Justin11 said:

It is common with me via GTA series, especially on GTA S A. Their are times I try to escape from the metropolitan police or ' FBI' lol, I just got no option but to shoot carelessly to stay at safety. And that affects the NPCs, causing deaths in the street. Still, I don't get to survive the heat when the going gets tough with the police. 

You would find it very difficult to avoid getting into such situations whenever you are playing any of GTA games. It's what the game is mainly about. 

On 6/24/2022 at 1:22 AM, Reality vs Adventure said:

I always feel like a murderer when an animal attacks me. I'm in their territory, their home, and I should respect it. Just because they don't use their paws to build mud brick houses and sip blood tea and roast human nuts in a stone fire pit, with human leg meat dangling to munch on for a nice family meal, doesn't give me the right to defend myself in their own home. 

I think next time just ignore them when they attack you but please note it might be your leg dangling in the stone fire pit but it's all good you still have to respect these animals in their natural habitat.

2 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

You would find it very difficult to avoid getting into such situations whenever you are playing any of GTA games. It's what the game is mainly about. 

Sure, that's how the game is created, always causing deep breathtaking and suspension. I enjoy the shooting range with those police men around the cities. But, killing those pedestrians is always touching, they aren't the targeted people for me. 

Elden Ring is another open world game where I have to deal with NPC's attacks and I don't feel much bad when I take them down but only for some that doesn't deserve to be killed especially taking out Miriel. 

I think in games like rdr2 for example, that sometimes you get attacked first and they will sometimes retreat. I think shooting someone in the back who's retreating, even if they attacked you first, would probably equal murder still, or be frowned upon. 

On 6/25/2022 at 7:05 PM, Kane99 said:

I think in games like rdr2 for example, that sometimes you get attacked first and they will sometimes retreat. I think shooting someone in the back who's retreating, even if they attacked you first, would probably equal murder still, or be frowned upon. 

If it's an enemy that I shoot in the back when he's trying to run away, I wouldn't feel bad about it and it's not murder to me because I believe that when you let an enemy live, it may come back to haunt you. But if it's an NPC, I will feel like it's murder. 

There was a couple times in RDR2 where I actually helped someone, and all of a sudden I somehow spook them or anger them and they attack me. What's odd, is that I don't do anything but greet the person. I think one time it happened because I picked up the body of someone who attacked an npc, and that npc decided to rat me out to the police. And this was right after I saved the NPC from being murdered lol. 

On 7/1/2022 at 4:03 AM, Family sedan said:

I feel bad if I hit fans standing by the side of the road in WRC 8.

It's never a good feeling whenever that happens racing in WRC 8. It's not like they deserved it and that's why it's very painful when I run down any of them. 

On 7/1/2022 at 4:03 AM, Family sedan said:

I feel bad if I hit fans standing by the side of the road in WRC 8.

I haven't played the game yet. I'm not sure if it was a good decision for the developers to have the fans so close to a point where they would get hit by cars. I think the fans are not supposed to be that close to the race tracks? 

50 minutes ago, Dannyjax said:

I haven't played the game yet. I'm not sure if it was a good decision for the developers to have the fans so close to a point where they would get hit by cars. I think the fans are not supposed to be that close to the race tracks? 

The WRC videos actually have it right. In rally, fans can get very close with little to nothing in terms of barriers and other such things for protection.

In rally, they don't race on racetracks, it is time trials on dirt tracts, country roads and off-road terrain, so there are no grandstands. Fan will usually find a spot at the side of the route the competitors drive and just sit/stand there. The clip below should show you what I'm on about.

Edited by Shagger

8 hours ago, Heatman said:

It's never a good feeling whenever that happens racing in WRC 8. It's not like they deserved it and that's why it's very painful when I run down any of them. 

You re playing it now too.  How do you like it so far?

45 minutes ago, Dannyjax said:

Well in real life rally fans stand close to the racing surface.  The game is realistic in that regard.  I think that fans should stand at least ten or twenty feet back.  Its not like cars always handle perfectly.

54 minutes ago, Shagger said:

The WRC videos actually have it right. In rally, fans can get very close with little to nothing in terms of barriers and other such things for protection.

In rally, they don't race on racetracks, it is time trials on dirt tracts, country roads and off-road terrain, so there are no grandstands. Fan will usually find a spot at the side of the route the competitors drive and just sit/stand there. The clip below should show you what I'm on about.

Damn! Now, I understand what the race is all about and it's sure very dangerous being that close to the racing road. Look at that somersault crash in the beginning few minutes of the video, if that happened on the edge where the fans are closer, a lot of people are going to get hurt. 

Thanks for the video and explanation. 

On 6/25/2022 at 7:05 PM, Kane99 said:

For RDR2 I didn't really pay much attention to that, as long as whatever that's in front of me feels like a threat I am pulling the trigger, well no emotions for those that came in contact with my bullets Maybe because they were at the wrong place and fell victims of my act of survival.