Register Now
Yaramaki

So let's talk about discord?

II find that very hard to believe that a gamer isn't on Discord. Why if may ask? It was one of the first place I started making use of when I started gaming full time. I have already joined the Discord channel.  It was one of the first place I started making use of when I started gaming full time. I have already joined the Discord channel. 

@Heatman Said this in another thread, since i don't want to derail the thread. I have it installed on my computer so i can use it whenever i want, to me discord is nothing more then a chat room and above all i find it cluncky to use to be honest as it's hard to find what you are looking for or how 

Maybe i need to give it another go or maybe not, i'm not one to judge something if i haven't tried it out properly so yeah especially the first few lines have me intrigued :

I find that very hard to believe that a gamer isn't on Discord. Why if may ask? 

Why should a gamer join discord, what are the benefits?

Ps don't really know where to put this so if it's in the wrong section, please feel free to move the topic

I think this more of a general discussion sort of topic. I'll finish this post then move it.

Discord started out as an alternative to in-game chat services on PC like Teamspeak, only difference is that Discord is way, way better. Easer to use, more customizable and can be used on other devices such as phones and tablets, meaning console gamers could get involved with cross-platform titles, for example. Discord developed over the years to also serve as a kind of social media platform, but is still suits it's original purpose very well.

I use discor ever single day, Well, as soon as my system turns on discord starts up right away. I'm in over 40 servers and with that it's the place that I get my everyday information about anything that I follow, even from day to day news that people post.

It started as a place for gamers to come and talk with others and game and share, nowadays it's just more then that. DIscord can do allot now when it was first around. 

I've been using discord for the past 18 months, getting to two years. I'm not all that active, because the interface aren't all that friendly with me. I do chat business at discord, i have many gaming channels on my bait st discord. It's a nice place to engage with other users when it concerns group chatting, nothing much. 

@YaramakiI think that @Shaggerhave given you a perfect explanation on this already. Unless you're not used to making use of Discord, that's the only reason why you might say it's not a big thing for gamers.

On 5/10/2022 at 9:29 PM, The Blackangel said:

Discord isn't bad, but a better alternative (in my opinion anyway) is to go with Slack. It's more user friendly, and a lot more customizable.

Slack and Connecteam which one do you think is better? 

On 5/10/2022 at 9:29 PM, The Blackangel said:

Discord isn't bad, but a better alternative (in my opinion anyway) is to go with Slack. It's more user friendly, and a lot more customizable.

3 minutes ago, Heatman said:

@YaramakiI think that @Shaggerhave given you a perfect explanation on this already. Unless you're not used to making use of Discord, that's the only reason why you might say it's not a big thing for gamers.

Slack and Connecteam which one do you think is better? 

I'm going to have to strongly disagree. Slack and Connecteam are not designed for gaming, they're for businesses. I'm sure they work fine, but they just not designed for same purpose as Discord.

6 hours ago, Shagger said:

I'm going to have to strongly disagree. Slack and Connecteam are not designed for gaming, they're for businesses. I'm sure they work fine, but they just not designed for same purpose as Discord.

Yeah, you're correct about Slack and Connecteam not being designed for gaming purposes because it's not what I use both of them for. I got introduced to Connecteam recently, I was trying to know if it's something she's familiar with. 

6 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I use both Discord and Slack, and in my experience, Slack is better. I find it more user friendly and better all around as a communication system of that nature. Until just now, I had never heard of Connecteam. So I can't comment on that one.

You should probably have Connecteam checked out. It was from using Pumble that I migrated to using Connecteam. If you do, please give me your feedback on it. 

6 hours ago, Justin11 said:

For me,I don't see any reason why a gamer should be on discord. I have a discord account, but I'm not all that active there. I go there once in a while, it is not all that friendly to my liking. 

How or what do you mean by Discord is not friendly to your liking? Are you talking about dealing with toxic people on it or? 

15 hours ago, Heatman said:

How or what do you mean by Discord is not friendly to your liking? Are you talking about dealing with toxic people on it or? 

Again, you post a reply, but don't finish it. This is getting old. Finish your posts. You're ending your posts like an episode of the Sopranos. That's not a good thing. If you have no intention of finishing a post, then don't post.

FINISH YOUR POSTS

8 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

I believe @Heatman directed that as a question, it isn't something he left unfinished, I got the question he asked. 

I don't think so. If @Heatman looked to have an open end to that question, the post would have been something like this;

On 5/14/2022 at 7:29 AM, Heatman said:

How or what do you mean by Discord is not friendly to your liking? Are you talking about dealing with toxic people on it or is it something else

I think it's more likely he didn't know to continue the post to close out that question, so just posted it as is. I believe he was hoping to come up with something like this;

On 5/14/2022 at 7:29 AM, Heatman said:

How or what do you mean by Discord is not friendly to your liking? Are you talking about dealing with toxic people on it or is it the user interface not suited to your liking

Obviously, I don't know if that's what he was trying to say, that's speculation on my part, but I think you get my point. What I do know for a fact is that this post from @Heatman was the first in a string of 12 posted he made on VGR in the space of less than 20 minutes. Of course, that doesn't tell me how long he worked on that particular post, but that to me that is a sign that he was not posting with diligence and care at the time. Only @Heatman knows for a fact what happened, but to me it looks like an error or an urge to move on that prompted him to leave the post incomplete.