Register Now
StaceyPowers

What causes you to leave quests permanently unfinished (other than bugs)?

I am guessing most of us do not complete every single quest in every game we play, especially open world games. If you do ignore quests, what causes you to skip them or abandon them? Usually for me it is having to do unethical things in-game, but sometimes I skip fetch quests because they bore me.

If they bore me, or they make no sense in context of the story.

But most of all bait and switch can cause me to quit quests. You pick up a quest that seems simple enough, but then it suddenly turns into a much more involved thing  that has you running all around the map. When you specifically picked that quests because of its locality.

On 5/15/2022 at 10:54 PM, m76 said:

If they bore me, or they make no sense in context of the story.

But most of all bait and switch can cause me to quit quests. You pick up a quest that seems simple enough, but then it suddenly turns into a much more involved thing  that has you running all around the map. When you specifically picked that quests because of its locality.

More like trying to get you doing more than what you had planned out for the quest, the amount of time it's asking from you, it can't be allowed to drag on for too long. 

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

And no one added losing interest in the game completely. That's one way to quit all the quest and even the game as well. It's even the easiest way to leave the quests with no fuss. 

Does that contribute to the reason for a player to abandon the game completely? Everyone got their reasons, for me it isn't like that, unless their is no drive around the game. When their is more tasks for me to execute and progress to the next level without being bored, definitely I'll continue, that's the reason why I bought the game to complete quests no matter how difficult some of them maybe. 

35 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Does that contribute to the reason for a player to abandon the game completely? Everyone got their reasons, for me it isn't like that, unless their is no drive around the game. When their is more tasks for me to execute and progress to the next level without being bored, definitely I'll continue, that's the reason why I bought the game to complete quests no matter how difficult some of them maybe. 

Gamers quit some of the games that they play for so many reasons. It's all about what applies to the gamer at one point in it. Although, what I was just trying to say was that even with some quests being made the way they are, if you eventually decide to quit the game, so is the quests. They are done for. 

14 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Gamers quit some of the games that they play for so many reasons. It's all about what applies to the gamer at one point in it. Although, what I was just trying to say was that even with some quests being made the way they are, if you eventually decide to quit the game, so is the quests. They are done for. 

I didn't get the last line of the information you shared. But, I agree with you in the first paragraph, which you stated that; gamers quit games for so many reasons, that's true since we have choice of games. 

On 5/19/2022 at 9:07 AM, Justin11 said:

I didn't get the last line of the information you shared. But, I agree with you in the first paragraph, which you stated that; gamers quit games for so many reasons, that's true since we have choice of games. 

Okay, simply put, what I was trying to say was the with any game that you're playing with, if you decide to quit playing the game, you have automatically given up on the side quests as well.