Register Now
StaceyPowers

What game franchises have you quit?

I quit playing DKC a long time ago. The game just pisses me off way too much and I lose my shit and act like a spoiled little girl. I have all 3 that are on SNES, but I've never played the third one. I only have them to complete the trilogy. I have beaten the first 2, but I'll never play them again. I have DKC 64, but I've never really given it much thought. Actually I think it's one of @Rain Dew's games. I'm not sure. I would have to ask her.

TL/DR - I'll never play another DKC game again.

I don't even count FIFA as I quit it after World Cup 2002, I think.

The biggest franchise I quit was Need for Speed, I did revisit it a few times,  but it was never the same.

I loved the series until Porsche Unleashed, which was undoubtedly the top for the series. Hot Pursuit 2 that came after was alright but not great. Then the series completely lost it's way. I hated Underground with every fiber of my being. It was not NFS in spirit. The next game I tried was prostreet, but it  was disappointing and had very weird physics.

Then Shift and Shif2 the ones I played next but those had basically nothing to do with NFS, just a name slapped on for good measure.

The lowest point of the series was Hot Pursuit from 2010, it is the worst racing game I have ever seen.

The last NFS game that I actually finished was The Run from 2011, so that could be the date I quit the franchise.

What could make me come back is a return to the roots of the series, instead of the super arcady hipster dumpster fires that were the more recent entries. I want games focused on point to point street racing with semi realistic physics.

On 5/15/2022 at 10:50 PM, m76 said:

I don't even count FIFA as I quit it after World Cup 2002, I think.

The biggest franchise I quit was Need for Speed, I did revisit it a few times,  but it was never the same.

I loved the series until Porsche Unleashed, which was undoubtedly the top for the series. Hot Pursuit 2 that came after was alright but not great. Then the series completely lost it's way. I hated Underground with every fiber of my being. It was not NFS in spirit. The next game I tried was prostreet, but it  was disappointing and had very weird physics.

Then Shift and Shif2 the ones I played next but those had basically nothing to do with NFS, just a name slapped on for good measure.

The lowest point of the series was Hot Pursuit from 2010, it is the worst racing game I have ever seen.

The last NFS game that I actually finished was The Run from 2011, so that could be the date I quit the franchise.

What could make me come back is a return to the roots of the series, instead of the super arcady hipster dumpster fires that were the more recent entries. I want games focused on point to point street racing with semi realistic physics.

I have already made my decision on the game and it's hooked at their next release FIFA 23, once I'm done with it, I'm officially done with it.