Register Now
StaceyPowers

Tips for a newbie in ESO?

Starting as a tank is a bad move, really. Tanks are party animals, and don't do well by themselves, due to their lack of damage output. Not that they die, but they take longer to kill things, which gets tedious. It's better to level as a somewhat more damage-orientated character, and transition to full tankiness later.

Good tip that I can say also, Don't Rush. Take your time and enjoy the journey.

Echoing @Empire's thoughts there, I started out as a character who would solo quest sword 'n' board.... it's miserable. In a group however the role is very much appreciated as tanking is necessary due to enemy damage, particularly AoE. Last I played the Sorcerer with their summons was the best thing to play, and that was quite consistent with the launch.

Also, don't neglect downtime activities like crafting if you need a break every now and again. You can level up by doing so, and it's effortless. You might even make a bit of money for your low level efforts.

When starting out in Tamriel, you should make it a point of duty to slot in as many abilities as possible in your action or shortcut bar. 

You have to try everything that you can lay your hands on especially weapons because the more you make use of them, you get to unlock their skill line for future use. 

Always upgrade your bank to fullest. There are so many things you can find in adventure in Tamriel, you have to take advantage of it and stock up your bank. 

Haven't played it in almost 4 years so I'm not sure what I could tell you other than the Dragons in ESO are WAY stronger than the ones in Skyrim. You'll need  to work with a huge group just to take down one dragon. They really feel like the real dragons of the Elder Scrolls Lore books.

8 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Haven't played it in almost 4 years so I'm not sure what I could tell you other than the Dragons in ESO are WAY stronger than the ones in Skyrim. You'll need  to work with a huge group just to take down one dragon. They really feel like the real dragons of the Elder Scrolls Lore books.

That's even why some are asking for it to be removed in the next Elder Scroll game or better still reduce how the come up because it's very annoying dealing with them all the time. 

On 5/25/2022 at 4:01 AM, Heatman said:

That's even why some are asking for it to be removed in the next Elder Scroll game or better still reduce how the come up because it's very annoying dealing with them all the time. 

I'm not sure that dragons will be included in the next Elder Scrolls game because Alduin was defeated in Skyrim and Miraak also ceases to exist so the threat of the dragons would have disappeared as well.

7 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I'm not sure that dragons will be included in the next Elder Scrolls game because Alduin was defeated in Skyrim and Miraak also ceases to exist so the threat of the dragons would have disappeared as well.

Hopefully, they don't come with another side of story we aren't aware of to still have them in the game. It better disappear for good 😂

On 5/13/2022 at 12:30 PM, Empire said:

Starting as a tank is a bad move, really. Tanks are party animals, and don't do well by themselves, due to their lack of damage output. Not that they die, but they take longer to kill things, which gets tedious. It's better to level as a somewhat more damage-orientated character, and transition to full tankiness later.

Good tip that I can say also, Don't Rush. Take your time and enjoy the journey.

Wish I knew this when I first played ESO, my first attempt wouldn't have been such a disaster. I started off with tanks only to find out mid way that they take a whole of time to kill and cause maximum damage. Though now i'm much more better at ESO I always tell beginners not to start with tanks. xD

I never really searched for this ESO, just seeing it here for the first time. After playing Elder Scrolls for the first time I love the game, it's a shame I couldn't continue for long playing the game, I'll look into seeing it's online version. 

16 hours ago, Clasher said:

Wish I knew this when I first played ESO, my first attempt wouldn't have been such a disaster. I started off with tanks only to find out mid way that they take a whole of time to kill and cause maximum damage. Though now i'm much more better at ESO I always tell beginners not to start with tanks. xD

Well, if you ask me, I would say that in the disaster of your first playthrough, you pick up the lessons for yourself and it's something to be proud of. 

16 hours ago, Boblee said:

Well, if you ask me, I would say that in the disaster of your first playthrough, you pick up the lessons for yourself and it's something to be proud of. 

Yeah mate, that's a dominant trait with me when I'm playing a new video game, I would also strive hard to master it no matter how much time it would take. I just kept exploring other weapon options with ESO and that's how I gained some advantage and learnt how the game operates.

8 hours ago, Clasher said:

Yeah mate, that's a dominant trait with me when I'm playing a new video game, I would also strive hard to master it no matter how much time it would take. I just kept exploring other weapon options with ESO and that's how I gained some advantage and learnt how the game operates.

Exactly!!! The best form of learning as far as I'm concerned is through practical and experience. You never forget the lessons acquired in such manner. 

20 hours ago, Boblee said:

Exactly!!! The best form of learning as far as I'm concerned is through practical and experience. You never forget the lessons acquired in such manner. 

If you ain't ready to learn the video game then you would only get frustrated as you play. Whenever I buy a new video game for my Console or have a new one installed I give it atleast 5 hours of game play weekly so I could master the game and from them on I just play it whenever I feel the urge to.