Register Now
StaceyPowers

Would you pay for a subscription for backwards compatibility?

There has been rumor (?)  lately about PS3 emulation on PS5 via PS Plus.

I would love to be able to play PS3 games on PS5, but I don’t see myself wanting to pay for a subscription for it. I’d rather just buy another PS3 if mine dies.

Thoughts?

5 minutes ago, StaceyPowers said:

There has been rumor (?)  lately about PS3 emulation on PS5 via PS Plus.

I would love to be able to play PS3 games on PS5, but I don’t see myself wanting to pay for a subscription for it. I’d rather just buy another PS3 if mine dies.

Thoughts?

Well its been confirmed now, unfortunately its going to be streaming not emulation since the ps3 is hard to emulate due to the way it was build (dont ask me details because I dont know) they are already showed the tiers cost, I really want to try out the ps3 compatibility since there a lot of ps3 games that I missed out on, but streaming will not be available on my region, still Im planning to get the highest tier as possible to try out ps2 and psp games

Were I a PS5 owner I'd probably say no. It's a matter of 'too little, too late'. I appreciate that not everyone can or will emulate or find room or the money to buy an older console and just play that, but as for myself I'm long done with subscriptions in general where I can avoid them. This is one of those cases. Yo ho ho and a bottle of pop.

6 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

Were I a PS5 owner I'd probably say no. It's a matter of 'too little, too late'. I appreciate that not everyone can or will emulate or find room or the money to buy an older console and just play that, but as for myself I'm long done with subscriptions in general where I can avoid them. This is one of those cases. Yo ho ho and a bottle of pop.

Most Playstation 5 owners that I know of are of the same opinion as all. They feel that at the level where they are with their console, it's more than enough. 

I don't want to pay a subscription for any game, period. It fuels the sunken cost fallacy, and fomo.I play games when I'm in the mood for them. Having an active subscription would force me to play even when my heart is not 100% in it. And I'd still be uncomfortable for not getting the most out of the subscription.

On 5/15/2022 at 10:34 PM, m76 said:

I don't want to pay a subscription for any game, period. It fuels the sunken cost fallacy, and fomo.I play games when I'm in the mood for them. Having an active subscription would force me to play even when my heart is not 100% in it. And I'd still be uncomfortable for not getting the most out of the subscription.

My friend calls it buying a bus ticket when you know that you aren't going to be traveling with it. It's a waste of money to him.