Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games where foreshadowing was really easy to miss

What are some games that did incredibly subtle foreshadowing? For example, in Dragon Age: Origins, in the party banter at some point one of the characters indicates that Morrigan is planning something (which she is). But I would never have caught that on my first playthrough.

I don't like those one liners that goes by so fast and is a very important concept in the game. Only times I catch it is when games have replay mission option. A lot of games that have really short or hardly any cinematics are usually like that for me. I'm still in lala land when the 3 second clip comes up. I'm finishing my last thought while they just foreshadowed the game. I can't be too specific as to every game that does that, but as mentioned it's every game that has really short cinematics. Especially those games where you just get to a new area you want to explore and you got to follow someone and listen to them blabber while instructional words are popping up on screen. I can't do that. 

FFVII is so heavily dependent on foreshadowing you basically need to play the game twice to fully understand it. FFXII is similar, almost every scene involving political discussion is absolutely laden with foreshadowing and subtext that can only be picked up on after you've played through the story once.

23 hours ago, Empire said:

FFVII is so heavily dependent on foreshadowing you basically need to play the game twice to fully understand it. FFXII is similar, almost every scene involving political discussion is absolutely laden with foreshadowing and subtext that can only be picked up on after you've played through the story once.

This was why I never had to try playing Final Fantasy VII when the remake was released. It made everything in the game better.