Register Now
Lens

Which is better between the Xbox and the PlayStation console

The play station and the Xbox has peculiarities but the Xbox is better than the PlayStation in my opinion. The rationale behind my pick is because the Xbox as a backward compatibility feature. This made it very possible for older games to be played on the console. The games from Xbox 360 could be played on Xbox Series X but the PS3 titles can't be played on PS5. 

Edited by Lens
Spelling

When it comes to consoles the hardware is completely irrelevant to me. The only thing that matters are exclusive games. And in that regard Playstation always obliterated XBOX, it's not even a contest.  As for current gen they are both equally bad. You can buy an xbox but have no worthwhile exclusives until 2023, or you can't even buy a PS5 unless you are willing to pay scalpers (please don't do that), or wait months on a pre-order.

Every PlayStation (except the PS4) had backwards compatibility. The PS2 could play PS1 games. The PS3, at launch, could play PS2 and PS1 games. But the PS2 games were causing the console to overheat, so they rereleased it with backwards compatibility for only PS1 games. The PS5 plays PS4 games. So backwards compatibility is not an issue with PlayStation.

I've always leaned a more toward PlayStation because they have had the better exclusives for me. Not that Xbox exclusives are bad or anything, they have some superb games, but Playstation's exclusives have just suited my tastes more.

And just like @m76 pointed out, that's all it really comes down to. In fact, I feel that Xbox and PlayStation have become so concerned with what the other is doing that they end up making  pretty much the same console. Even software support is almost exactly the same on both brands with only subtle and slight differences. The so called "console wars" make even less sense now than they ever have, and it's not just because I'm not 13 anymore.

Probably the most important aspect today for somebody to decide what console to get -> is what console do my friends have and  that sums it up pretty much how a casual gamer makes a choice what console they want.

Sony seems to get away with a lot of their bullshit practices from gamers lately just you know because it's sony, wherest if microsoft would do it, the internet would be an all out warzone with sony fan boys screaming blood and murder, i think some people need to stop seeing microsoft as this big evil corporation because let's face it is sony any better, they both want your money and if possible all of it.

I never overly cared for backwards compatibilty because i own the original hardware, the only positive about it is you have to keep one less console under your tv but since not all games are compatible you have to keep it under your tv anyway. 

I prefer the xbox brand over playstation and you know that won't really change a whole lot for years to come, call me a fanboy or whatever but microsoft never let me down with any of their products and services. wherest sony has let me down in the past but I'll mostlikely end up getting a ps5 by the end of the year, maybe by then they fixed gran turismo.

I have not play well enough with Xbox console for me to be able to compare with Playstation consoles. It's been more of Playstation and Nintendo Switch for me. I might get Xbox Series S soon.

As someone that is fortunate enough to have both the PS5 and the Series X, it's the PS5 easily. But that may be a slightly biased opinion since I also had the PS4 and the PlayStation being my main gaming console. The Game Pass is good but I'm not a fan of the UI or the controller. And the haptics and adaptive triggers just create a whole new experience on the PS5 which is amazing.

Their is no comparison for me, those consoles are just trying to offer the best quality so fsr, due to the high reputation of the two company. I wouldn't pay scalpers money to get in touch with exclusive games on PS5, I rather wait till years to get the game with it's market value. 

19 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Their is no comparison for me, those consoles are just trying to offer the best quality so fsr, due to the high reputation of the two company. I wouldn't pay scalpers money to get in touch with exclusive games on PS5, I rather wait till years to get the game with it's market value. 

Sony wouldn't be stupid to allow their most sought after console be out of stock for years and allow their direct competition take over the market. They haven't moved quickly yet is because Xbox Series X isn't that available too. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

Sony wouldn't be stupid to allow their most sought after console be out of stock for years and allow their direct competition take over the market. They haven't moved quickly yet is because Xbox Series X isn't that available too. 

That's it. I know Sony aren't looking up on Microsoft when it comes to making more copies of their PS5. They have their reasons for keeping the supply low, just as Xbox too have their reasons for keeping the supply low for Series X version. 

On 5/17/2022 at 11:55 AM, Darth said:

As someone that is fortunate enough to have both the PS5 and the Series X, it's the PS5 easily. But that may be a slightly biased opinion since I also had the PS4 and the PlayStation being my main gaming console. The Game Pass is good but I'm not a fan of the UI or the controller. And the haptics and adaptive triggers just create a whole new experience on the PS5 which is amazing.

The more you guys talk about the haptics and adaptive triggers that comes with Playstation 5 console games, the more I'm pained not to have my own PS5 yet in order to follow up and enjoy everything you're all doing now. 

xD, if you begin now and saving up, definitely you'll get your own PS5 before the year ends. I know it's scarce now, and I wouldn't advise you to look up to scalpers own price, rather save, shd wait for the price to go down. 

I've never owned an Xbox so my opinion is only what I have seen the past few years or read. Playstation has excellent exclusives and overall a greater variety of games, at least in the past generations it did. Xbox seems to please customers with better access to purchasing digital games and the advantage of sharing with PC. Playstation seems to have better picture color and Xbox has had darker picture quality.