Register Now
Maxi

VR headset affecting my eyes

This is a notice to all gamers that are yet to start making use of VR headset, it's very important that whenever you're using it, try as much as possible not to over use it because it's capable of affecting your eyes. I'm suffering from blurry vision and eye strain ever since abused using my own.

16 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Thanks for the heads up. I don't own anything that involves a VR headset currently, nor do I plan to. But if that changes in the future, It's good to know what the effects could be.

You're very much welcome. When I started showing symptoms, it never occurred to me that it was the VR headset that's the cause until it got serious and I had to go for a proper check up. I wouldn't want that happening to anyone I know.

7 hours ago, Maxi said:

You're very much welcome. When I started showing symptoms, it never occurred to me that it was the VR headset that's the cause until it got serious and I had to go for a proper check up. I wouldn't want that happening to anyone I know.

Are you still using VR? For how long? Did the eye doctor explain why you were getting blurry vision? Do you have diabetes or thyroid issues or anything? 

I get it from everyday use without even trying out the VR, I never used VR and I get blurry vision and eye strain from looking at my normal screen 😛 VR is fun and whatnot however it does affect you in the long runs if you play more then two hours. 

Yeah VR can cause some strain to the eyes. I mean, considering you have a small screen right in front of your eyes, it can't be good for prolonged use. If anything it's why they suggest taking breaks often.