Register Now
Maxi

How long are you planning on playing games?

10 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

I know how painful it is losing a loved one, but that's not a tangible reason though to quit what gives him happiness. Even if he is taking care of the kids, it doesn't mean he can't have a free time of his own, some of those free time can be shared around video games, if truly he loves them that much. 

The twins and his work, he sure does not have another spare time for playing video games even if he wanted to. 

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

A friend of mine had to quit playing games completely when his wife died at childbearing, leaving twins for him to take care of. His life goals and priorities changed immediately. 

Taking care of one baby is enough trouble for you to compare how difficult it's going to be taking care of twins. If he's not mentally prepared, he would be frustrated easily. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

The twins and his work, he sure does not have another spare time for playing video games even if he wanted to. 

That's a good reason, he is just occupied now, due to many other in-demand activities that needs his attention. But he can still employ someone to help him take care of the babies while on work duties to lessen his tasks and have some time for recreation and fun. 

7 hours ago, Justin11 said:

That's a good reason, he is just occupied now, due to many other in-demand activities that needs his attention. But he can still employ someone to help him take care of the babies while on work duties to lessen his tasks and have some time for recreation and fun. 

Yeah, he's got a nanny alright but it's not enough for him to abandon the babies completely to the nanny all because he wants to play games. Just like I pointed initially, he's priorities have changed. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

Yeah, he's got a nanny alright but it's not enough for him to abandon the babies completely to the nanny all because he wants to play games. Just like I pointed initially, he's priorities have changed. 

If I had a twin right now, I would most likely quit gaming temporarily till they are at least 6 years. At that age, they can be able to do a lot of things on their own.

How long are you planning on playing games?

I think this is a question that nobody can answer, unless you came from the future but you aren't now are you.

When i read these kind of questions that you can't really give a proper answer to. I always ask myself the question how much have i changed as a person over the years, you know people change and their interest can become something completly else over time. I mean ask yourself what was into 10-15 years ago, i'm i still into the same things and what not? Their are several reasons why somebody would give up on a hobby, maybe it's the lack of time, just losing interest alltogether is another valid reason to consider. I could give a few examples on how my interests and how i changed as a person the past 10 years but i would be going way offtopic and don't want to do that however one consistent factor is that gaming has always been part of my life and i can see it to continue to be a part of my life for the foreseeable future. 

22 hours ago, Heatman said:

xD, their is no problem, that's his life and not mine. For me, I wouldn't see any thing that will deprive me of playing and enjoying my time playing games, that's part of my happiness while on Earth. But it doesn't mean I'll be playing it too often when I get tighter schedule, but once in a while the fun is needed. 

It would very difficult for me to say exactly when I would be able to play video games before I give it up. This is because I know that at least for now, I don't think that's possible as my interests in games is at its peak now. Unless that changes, I wouldn't stop playing and there is no way to know that right now. 

5 hours ago, Justin11 said:

xD, their is no problem, that's his life and not mine. For me, I wouldn't see any thing that will deprive me of playing and enjoying my time playing games, that's part of my happiness while on Earth. But it doesn't mean I'll be playing it too often when I get tighter schedule, but once in a while the fun is needed. 

The most important thing would be for you to know how to manage your other life schedules together with playing video games. If you are able to find a way to have them all taken care of, then you don't have anything to worry about. 

57 minutes ago, Empire said:

I've been playing games since I was 6. I just turned 28. Don't plan on stopping. I say keep going to you drop XD - then again there ar emore to life then gaming anyway

I started playing at the age of 4 but had a break from the age of 7 to 11 years all due to a personal health challenge that couldn't allow me play games. But since then till now, I've been hooked at it like never before. 

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

The most important thing would be for you to know how to manage your other life schedules together with playing video games. If you are able to find a way to have them all taken care of, then you don't have anything to worry about. 

Sure, schedule matters alot, in this life, I'll always find time to entertain myself, I wouldn't let tight schedule to dwindle all my time, because it will be insane. 

5 hours ago, Icefrost said:

It would very difficult for me to say exactly when I would be able to play video games before I give it up. This is because I know that at least for now, I don't think that's possible as my interests in games is at its peak now. Unless that changes, I wouldn't stop playing and there is no way to know that right now. 

For now, I feel exactly the same way you do about what it's going to cost me to drop playing games. Unless I wake up tomorrow and my hands refused to respond, then it would no longer be possible for me to play anymore. 

On 5/21/2022 at 1:12 PM, Heatman said:

I started playing at the age of 4 but had a break from the age of 7 to 11 years all due to a personal health challenge that couldn't allow me play games. But since then till now, I've been hooked at it like never before. 

SInce covid and the lockdown, there has been far more people are now gaming then before while working from home 

COVID-19 made me changing my lifestyle to indoor activities, I was more of an outdoor person, who loves going out and having fun around video games and real-life soccer. But nowadays I'm always indoors, either surfing on internet or playing online games with my phone and playing with my console via offline mode.