Register Now
Clasher

who else can't wait for blood Bourne 2 to be released?

On 5/23/2022 at 10:42 AM, Crazycrab said:

Your not getting it are you?  For reasons that I and others have thoroughly explained already it is literally impossible for Bloodborne 2 to release this year assuming it's even it in production at all.  If it was even close to a release they would have announced it by now.  It not like Sony would be all shy and quiet about it, they would be promoting the hell out of it.  Firing on all cylinders with trailers, state of play event's, interviews, posters and more.

Yeah I understand you perfectly well, my point there was even if Sony decides to release Blood Bourne 2 I don't think Elden ring been out already will hinder them from doing so. Elden Ring and Blood Bourne are games I like and is enjoyed by many so I wouldn't mind having two of them out the same year. Though I know it ain't coming any time soon though.

12 hours ago, Clasher said:

Yeah I understand you perfectly well, my point there was even if Sony decides to release Blood Bourne 2 I don't think Elden ring been out already will hinder them from doing so. Elden Ring and Blood Bourne are games I like and is enjoyed by many so I wouldn't mind having two of them out the same year. Though I know it ain't coming any time soon though.

Have you seen any gaming company that released games on the two franchise at the same time? It's like asking Rockstar to release GTA 6 and Red Dead Redemption 3 at the same time. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

Have you seen any gaming company that released games on the two franchise at the same time? It's like asking Rockstar to release GTA 6 and Red Dead Redemption 3 at the same time. 

LOL, I wasn't asking them to do that either, my point there was that the two games are very much loved by many and even if a miracle happens and they release the two of them simultaneously I would still gladly purchase the two Games without second thought.

31 minutes ago, Clasher said:

LOL, I wasn't asking them to do that either, my point there was that the two games are very much loved by many and even if a miracle happens and they release the two of them simultaneously I would still gladly purchase the two Games without second thought.

Well that's not good marketing strategy.  You might have  no problem buying two full price games at the same time but lots of other people would.  They would obviously want to their customer base to buy both titles but if they released around the same time most would only buy one, literally shooting themselves in foot.

In this particular situation with Elden Ring and Bloodborne 2 this situation would actually be even worse.  Although it was developed by From Software, a third party developer that Sony don't own, the Bloodborne IP is actually owned by Sony.  So on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being rage quit and 10 being orchestrated mass extinction.  How pissed would Sony if they found out a developer that they are working with on a major exclusive were releasing another game in same genre with another publisher to be released within the same year?  I'm thinking maybe a...... 7?

Even if it were plausible releasing Bloodborne 2 this year would be terrible idea.  Even if it on the cards it might not necessarily be From Software that are making it.  Sony might contact someone else like Bluepoint Games, the same team behind the Demon's Remake instead.  You really need get of this horse until we something definitive.

8 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

Well that's not good marketing strategy.  You might have  no problem buying two full price games at the same time but lots of other people would.  They would obviously want to their customer base to buy both titles but if they released around the same time most would only buy one, literally shooting themselves in foot.

In this particular situation with Elden Ring and Bloodborne 2 this situation would actually be even worse.  Although it was developed by From Software, a third party developer that Sony don't own, the Bloodborne IP is actually owned by Sony.  So on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being rage quit and 10 being orchestrated mass extinction.  How pissed would Sony if they found out a developer that they are working with on a major exclusive were releasing another game in same genre with another publisher to be released within the same year?  I'm thinking maybe a...... 7?

Even if it were plausible releasing Bloodborne 2 this year would be terrible idea.  Even if it on the cards it might not necessarily be From Software that are making it.  Sony might contact someone else like Bluepoint Games, the same team behind the Demon's Remake instead.  You really need get of this horse until we something definitive.

I know this gaming companies are looking to make profit from the games they release and would love the two franchise to do well in the market.

I wouldn't even advocate for Blood Bourne 2 to be released the same time as Elden ring just as you have analysed one is most certainly going to have to give way to the other.

I am only stating how much I enjoy the two franchise and if there is ever going to be a Blood Bourne 2 release I would gladly purchase it and enjoy the game.

1 hour ago, Clasher said:

This makes it very clear now that it's a wishful thinking on your part to have both Elden Ring and Bloodborne released the same year. But then again, if wishes were horses, the beggars would ride. 

13 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Lol, the beggars would have changed their situation to something great, since they control their own destiny on their own hand. So, no one knows when those games gonna be released this year. 

Exactly, he would have had the game developed and released for himself only to play both of them 😂

9 hours ago, Boblee said:

Exactly, he would have had the game developed and released for himself only to play both of them 😂

We know it wouldn't make sense, and that would be waste of time indeed. The game devs can't make games and still have it without others like us buying and playing it for them. 

Nah, even though I love Dark Souls 2 and 3 I feel like From is at their best creating new worlds and playing with new ideas. Dark Souls was meant to be a one off and Miyazaki himself said he isn't interested in sequels so why force them to milk a game they might not want to continue. If they want to continue Bloodborne I'll be the first in line to buy it, but I'd be more excited to see new things from them.

Just now, Empire said:

Nah, even though I love Dark Souls 2 and 3 I feel like From is at their best creating new worlds and playing with new ideas. Dark Souls was meant to be a one off and Miyazaki himself said he isn't interested in sequels so why force them to milk a game they might not want to continue. If they want to continue Bloodborne I'll be the first in line to buy it, but I'd be more excited to see new things from them.

If the timing is right and they get the game Bloodborne well in the same way they did with Elden Ring or further make it better from what the first release brought to the table, it's going to sell well. 

9 hours ago, Empire said:

I share this same opinion too, if blood Bourne is released I wouldn't hesitate to buy it, but it wouldn't hurt to see some fresh new franchise and Games coming from this game developers though other than the ones already made.

15 hours ago, Clasher said:

I share this same opinion too, if blood Bourne is released I wouldn't hesitate to buy it, but it wouldn't hurt to see some fresh new franchise and Games coming from this game developers though other than the ones already made.

There is no doubt that it's not going to be a great game, no one would argue that unless they decide to screw with the game. 

I really think we should have this out since they have already released a couple of games already.

Blood Bourne 2 would be the least expected game right now so I have reasons to believe that if news of it's development is released to the media it would get a lot of attention.

Do we even know if we're getting a sequel to Bloodborne? I really think this team is going to keep making one off games in interesting places. We got Sekiro (was it same creator, I forget), and I think another game I'm forgetting. But I feel like they want to focus on one off games going forward, but with souls like controls and difficulty. 

But, who knows, Bloodborne might get a sequel one day. My guess is that it won't happen, and we'll see another game like Bloodborne, but with a completely different name, setting, characters etc.