Register Now
Clasher

Fast car racing games: F1 2021 and F1 2022

20 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

What's the thing that you hate so much about F1 games that made it not interesting to you at all? I know there must be a good reason for it. 

For me, it's how the race is too rough and risky in real life. It doesn't stop me from playing it though but it's something that turns me off in it. 

54 minutes ago, Heatman said:

For me, it's how the race is too rough and risky in real life. It doesn't stop me from playing it though but it's something that turns me off in it. 

I understand that perfectly well. Some people are built that way. It just affects the you in a way that you don't feel safe watching the racing in real life or play the games. 

1 hour ago, Aniekwe said:

I understand that perfectly well. Some people are built that way. It just affects the you in a way that you don't feel safe watching the racing in real life or play the games. 

I have watched horrible accidents take place in the sports racing and it's not a good sight to behold. 

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

I think that all car race sports in real life come with equal amount of risks and accidents. You should see what's going on with every other racing sports and not just F1. 

Formula one is quite protected than Motor GP real racing. At F1, the car is sealed, and the driver is well coated which doesn't make him or her incur serious damage when accident occurs. I never heard of anyone who slumped and died while driving formula one. 

Edited by Justin11

7 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Formula one is quite protected than Motor GP real racing. At F1, the car is sealed, and the driver is well coated which doesn't make him or her incur serious damage when accident occurs. I never heard of anyone who slumped and died while driving formula one. 

No matter how the cars are iron protected, it still doesn't stop such accidents from happening. A car caught fire one time when it crashed. 

1 hour ago, Dannyjax said:

No matter how the cars are iron protected, it still doesn't stop such accidents from happening. A car caught fire one time when it crashed. 

Those cars in F1 are tested before they embark on any journey, they don't easily explode. But I wouldn't defend that, such wouldn't happen. It can still get exploded when they collide together. But due to the safety equipments wore by the drivers it doesn't result to life threatening injuries casually. 

40 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Those cars in F1 are tested before they embark on any journey, they don't easily explode. But I wouldn't defend that, such wouldn't happen. It can still get exploded when they collide together. But due to the safety equipments wore by the drivers it doesn't result to life threatening injuries casually. 

You have to watch through these crashes and see that there's no guarantee for drivers protection when these accidents take place. 

41 minutes ago, Heatman said:

You have to watch through these crashes and see that there's no guarantee for drivers protection when these accidents take place. 

I watched the crash in Abu Dhabi in 2012 and it was one of the most horrific one's I have watched live. I was happy none of the driver got injured. 

58 minutes ago, Aniekwe said:

I watched the crash in Abu Dhabi in 2012 and it was one of the most horrific one's I have watched live. I was happy none of the driver got injured. 

All of the crashes are horrible. It's the fortunate one's that comes out only scared to death with no injuries but the unlucky one's die from it or have their career ended. 

5 hours ago, Heatman said:

I've seen it bro, it was a big crash, but I don't think their is death recorded due to the equipment wore by the drivers. I know F1 is very risky but death of the drivers aren't common even if accident occurs. 

8 hours ago, Heatman said:

I couldn't find the courage to watch it all. Damn, these guys are putting a lot on the line to drive those fast F1 cars. 

That's quite enough about real world F1. This thread is supposed to be about the video games. If you want to talk about real life motorsports, do so in the Sports Sub-Forum under General Chat,  I did find a motorsport's thread eventually.

Every time I have to put thread back on track it's always on account of the same people. Tell me @Boblee, @Justin11 and @Heatman, why is it always you guys along with one or two others?

Edited by Shagger

Weirdly enough, right after typing that I did actually find a story on Planet F1 that is does connect the real sport with games in a rather interesting way. Former F1 World Champion Damon Hill has theorised that current McLaren driver Daniel Riccardo may be struggling the way he is right rough now because of his younger rival's exposure and close involvement with video games and racing E-Sports. There are several drivers, like defending World Champion Max Verstappen and Riccardo's team mate Lando Norris, frequently play the games, spend a lot of time on sim's and compete in racing E-Sports.

After Michal Schumacher, drivers really needed to start young in karting to develop into the F1 talent we seen today. Michel's path to Formula 1 was revolutionary at the time and set the trend for how the F1 talent of today get into the sport. While success in Karting and lower league open cockpit racings is still very important now, It does sound plausible to me that this new generation of drivers may be gaining an edge with E-Sports, sim' racing and video games that older drivers have not.

Full Story From Planet F1 here.

2 hours ago, Shagger said:

Weirdly enough, right after typing that I did actually find a story on Planet F1 that is does connect the real sport with games in a rather interesting way. Former F1 World Champion Damon Hill has theorised that current McLaren driver Daniel Riccardo may be struggling the way he is right rough now because of his younger rival's exposure and close involvement with video games and racing E-Sports. There are several drivers, like defending World Champion Max Verstappen and Riccardo's team mate Lando Norris, frequently play the games, spend a lot of time on sim's and compete in racing E-Sports.

After Michal Schumacher, drivers really needed to start young in karting to develop into the F1 talent we seen today. Michel's path to Formula 1 was revolutionary at the time and set the trend for how the F1 talent of today get into the sport. While success in Karting and lower league open cockpit racings is still very important now, It does sound plausible to me that this new generation of drivers may be gaining an edge with E-Sports, sim' racing and video games that older drivers have not.

Full Story From Planet F1 here.

Playing those sim racing games surely have a way of helping them get better at their driving. It's even seen in the military sector as well where the marines are now into playing lots of military shooting games to have a feel of simulation combats. They help them prep their mindset of what to expect in battle front. 

I found this article Here interesting on how US military uses violent video games to train soldiers.