Register Now
Clasher

Fast car racing games: F1 2021 and F1 2022

3 minutes ago, Dannyjax said:

Playing those sim racing games surely have a way of helping them get better at their driving. It's even seen in the military sector as well where the marines are now into playing lots of military shooting games to have a feel of simulation combats. They help them prep their mindset of what to expect in battle front. 

I found this article Here interesting on how US military uses violent video games to train soldiers. 

I can see a lot parallels here. The article talks about how this keeps the soldier's mind sharp and training at the forefront of his/her thoughts when not on duty, but I also think butting into the situations in the game without the fear that would be associated with that situation and help them bring that to job. This could be similar thing for F1 drivers as in a game they might push closer to the limits than they might do in a real car and help them find some extra lap time in the simulation to bring to the track. That along with the aforementioned keeping the mind sharp to the job when not in the car. That makes sense to me.

18 hours ago, Shagger said:

I can see a lot parallels here. The article talks about how this keeps the soldier's mind sharp and training at the forefront of his/her thoughts when not on duty, but I also think butting into the situations in the game without the fear that would be associated with that situation and help them bring that to job. This could be similar thing for F1 drivers as in a game they might push closer to the limits than they might do in a real car and help them find some extra lap time in the simulation to bring to the track. That along with the aforementioned keeping the mind sharp to the job when not in the car. That makes sense to me.

The fear of the unknown in what's going to happen when they try to take it over the limit in the real life race would always hold them back from doing it but in the game's, they can do that and see the possible outcome. It helps them to know if it's something they might try in real life race. 

17 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

The fear of the unknown in what's going to happen when they try to take it over the limit in the real life race would always hold them back from doing it but in the game's, they can do that and see the possible outcome. It helps them to know if it's something they might try in real life race. 

It's the same thing with me when I'm driving. Even if the road is free, there's a speed mark I would never cross but if it's games, I'm willing to go far beyond that. 

1 hour ago, Boblee said:

It's the same thing with me when I'm driving. Even if the road is free, there's a speed mark I would never cross but if it's games, I'm willing to go far beyond that. 

If you have ever been in an accident before for overspeeding, you will know there's a limit you get to and it becomes impossible or very difficult to control the car. It would be like it's flying 😂

On 6/12/2022 at 10:16 AM, Heatman said:

I came across this play on YouTube not long ago. The player seems to be very good at it his turns as he doesn't drift off the tracks 

He has a good grip on the controllers and if you been playing F1 games for a while that wouldn't be something you can't achieve.

You could have a few drifts off track here and there but not as much as you would if you are just getting into the game.

He tried though because his play was smooth and avoided crashes quite well.

13 hours ago, Clasher said:

He has a good grip on the controllers and if you been playing F1 games for a while that wouldn't be something you can't achieve.

You could have a few drifts off track here and there but not as much as you would if you are just getting into the game.

He tried though because his play was smooth and avoided crashes quite well.

The guy was really good in every way possible from his playthrough in the game. If I'm half as good as him looking at his gameplay, I'd be so grateful. 

I know that with more practice and more gameplay, I would get to the level!! 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

The guy was really good in every way possible from his playthrough in the game. If I'm half as good as him looking at his gameplay, I'd be so grateful. 

I know that with more practice and more gameplay, I would get to the level!! 

I have been playing F1 games for a while and in general racer games and I could play as steady as that YouTuber does which is why I don't really see anything special in what he did there.

The video is interesting to watch if you want to feed your eyes with some F1 gaming contents.

On 6/12/2022 at 10:55 AM, Aniekwe said:

If you have ever been in an accident before for overspeeding, you will know there's a limit you get to and it becomes impossible or very difficult to control the car. It would be like it's flying 😂

In playing car racing video games, that's not something to worry about at all for me because I'm very sure that it's possible for me to catch up later in the race even after the crash. 

But if it's driving in real life, I don't do more than 80km per hour.