Register Now
The Blackangel

Nomad

10 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

The battery pack gave it a little longer play time, but not much. Also the damn thing was heavy as hell. If you lacked endurance or strength, it was better to lay it on a table, which is completely pointless. If you're doing that, just play a regular Sega on the TV.

It's just like putting your handset on the table and be pressing it, it's better to use a laptop 😂. I wonder why they never considered that it's a handheld gaming device and not a semi dumbell 😂. 

I really need to get the Nomad at some point! It's my goal to try and get all the models of the Sega Genesis that was released. I already have a couple different Model 1 and 2 Genesis, I don't think I'll ever be able to get the Sega CDX or JVC X'Eye consoles since they're super rare though... Despite it's poor battery life, I always thought the concept of playing your Genesis titles on the go was pretty awesome. Sega was always ahead of the competition IMO, but the technology just wasn't where it needed to be for it to really succeed...

On 6/17/2022 at 5:26 PM, The Blackangel said:

The battery pack gave it a little longer play time, but not much. Also the damn thing was heavy as hell. If you lacked endurance or strength, it was better to lay it on a table, which is completely pointless. If you're doing that, just play a regular Sega on the TV.

I probably wouldn't have wanted it then, the Gameboy was light and could fit in my pocket for the most part although I never really kept it there. Would you say carrying it in your bag felt like carrying around a bunch of textbooks or worse?

12 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I never had one, but @Rain Dew did. I've tinkered with hers, and it weighs a ton. It would definitely be comparable to several text books.

As I thought, I definitely wouldn't want it. I bet @Rain Dew uses it to do bicep curls - that thing sounds like it'd have a place as Bowflex exercise equipment.

On 5/5/2023 at 3:34 PM, Rain Dew said:

@killamch89 lol. I loved the thing. It was really fun. Went through 6 AA batteries like no other though. You do get used to the weight though. And I’d say it is comparable to a hard bound book. 

I remembered having those as a kid and that still sounded kinda heavy. Also, 6 AA batteries to operate the thing?! It'd take me like a month to get through that many batteries on a gameboy.