Register Now
kingpotato

Which turn based RPG should I play

Recomend me a turn based RPG to play  

11 members have voted

1. 1. These are the ones Im most interested in playing.

• Super Mario RPG Snes
    • Earthbound
    • Final Fantasy 6
    • Breath of Fire
    • Golden Sun
    • Chrono Trigger
    • Bravely default

Ha did you end up checking all those gba games out i listed last week already? Since these are kind of the threads i like the most, feel like i should give a reply.

out of the once listed above i'd say play Chrono trigger first but i only played the ds version not the snes version. 

13 minutes ago, Yaramaki said:

Ha did you end up checking all those gba games out i listed last week already? Since these are kind of the threads i like the most, feel like i should give a reply.

out of the once listed above i'd say play Chrono trigger first but i only played the ds version not the snes version. 

I was actually writting the reply on that right now xD, Not gonna lie Im only half way through the list you recommended, and yeah Chrono Trigger is also my first pick but I wanted to know what other members might recommend.

17 hours ago, kingpotato said:

I was actually writting the reply on that right now xD, Not gonna lie Im only half way through the list you recommended, and yeah Chrono Trigger is also my first pick but I wanted to know what other members might recommend.

You have already chosen and started playing Chrono Trigger. There was no way I wouldn't have recommended that. Any RPG fan wouldn't say no to the game. 

1 hour ago, Boblee said:

You have already chosen and started playing Chrono Trigger. There was no way I wouldn't have recommended that. Any RPG fan wouldn't say no to the game. 

Why not? As far as I can tell, the game has a solid reputation that many even consider a classic. You can't just make a statement like that and not explain it. 

22 hours ago, kingpotato said:

I had a look trough my Gba games and you're missing three important games from your list namely tales of phantasia, sword of mana and riviera the promised land well for the gba that is, I also have Lufia: The Ruins Of Lore but i need to play it myself before i'm able to recommend it to somebody.

You know what is cool, i haven't booted up my gba sp in a couple of years and the damn thing still work fine like it was charged yesterday, why o why can't modern controllers have this.

I'll have a look trough my ds collection next time i'm at my parents place, there are bound to be some in there that are worthy of your or anyone elses time.

7 hours ago, Boblee said:

No I have not made my decision yet, I only said it was my first option to pick, But I wanted to know what others might recommend or vote for, I will wait a couple of weeks before closing the poll. 

5 hours ago, Shagger said:

Why not? As far as I can tell, the game has a solid reputation that many even consider a classic. You can't just make a statement like that and not explain it. 

He word it very weirdly but I believe what he was trying to say is that "its a game that he will always recommend". Most likely a transalation issue, most of the times we have to rearrange how we say things before translating a phrase to english. Anyway which one would you vote for or do you a recomendation that is not in the list ? If possible something that I can emulate, Im broke at the moment 😆

1 hour ago, Yaramaki said:

I had a look trough my Gba games and you're missing three important games from your list namely tales of phantasia, sword of mana and riviera the promised land well for the gba that is, I also have Lufia: The Ruins Of Lore but i need to play it myself before i'm able to recommend it to somebody.

You know what is cool, i haven't booted up my gba sp in a couple of years and the damn thing still work fine like it was charged yesterday, why o why can't modern controllers have this.

I'll have a look trough my ds collection next time i'm at my parents place, there are bound to be some in there that are worthy of your or anyone elses time.

I will surely add them to the list 😁 Oh yeah they dont make them like before, I can remember how many times I dropped my old Gameboy advance and it barely had any scratches on it, I had more care with my SP, I even had a little belt back pack for it 😆 (I dont know how to call it) and I carried it everywhere like if it was my wallet, man I probably looked like dork as a kid hahaha

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

Ticked only FF 6 in tbe list you made, that's tbe only option I know about, others I never watched their trailer before, nor played them before. It is worthwhile as well to check around them to see what kind of actions they may exhibit. 

Its a great game, I played a lot of it as a kid. I was never good at it though

1 hour ago, Crazycrab said:

I would say that Final Fantasy X is the best turn based system I have ever experienced.  It's more or less the pinnacle as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe, but I dont want to spend money on games right now, can you recommend something from the 3ds, gba or snes? 

15 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Its a great game, I played a lot of it as a kid. I was never good at it though

I couldn't play it on PS1, but watched it's trailer severally, the game is a popular option amongst gamers. I would've loved playing the game, but the only PS it debuted on was that PS1. 

Just now, Justin11 said:

I couldn't play it on PS1, but watched it's trailer severally, the game is a popular option amongst gamers. I would've loved playing the game, but the only PS it debuted on was that PS1. 

You can emulate it on gba or snes it doesnt have to be on ps1