Register Now
kingpotato

Which turn based RPG should I play

Recomend me a turn based RPG to play  

11 members have voted

1. 1. These are the ones Im most interested in playing.

• Super Mario RPG Snes
    • Earthbound
    • Final Fantasy 6
    • Breath of Fire
    • Golden Sun
    • Chrono Trigger
    • Bravely default

Just now, kingpotato said:

You can emulate it on gba or snes it doesnt have to be on ps1

You know I'm not a SNES user or GBA, I've been a PS user for the past 12 years, unless I'll be changing gaming platform, and at the moment, I'm not thinking about that, not even FF 6 will make me do that. 

13 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

You know I'm not a SNES user or GBA, I've been a PS user for the past 12 years, unless I'll be changing gaming platform, and at the moment, I'm not thinking about that, not even FF 6 will make me do that. 

I said emulate...read

12 hours ago, Empire said:

pick with your eyes closed then play 😛 or maybe play more then just one as you can get a very good price deal if you have not brought the game yet 🙂

You're always funny in your own and like it. There was a time when I made such recommendations and it wasn't received well but that's by the way. If I were the one looking at making that decision, I might just give it a try and see what I randomly pick 😂

5 minutes ago, Empire said:

If I had to pick one then in my case that I go with Final Fantasy 6.. NO idea why. that's my choice. 

can get Final Fantasy IV for around £5 on CDkeys LOL 

Maybe because it's cheaper would be one of your reasons to choose it 😂.. But outside that, Final Fantasy 6 did offered a decent gameplay. 

On 5/20/2022 at 5:03 PM, kingpotato said:

No I have not made my decision yet, I only said it was my first option to pick, But I wanted to know what others might recommend or vote for, I will wait a couple of weeks before closing the poll. 

Oh, I misread that thinking that you had already made your decision. Since that's the case, you already have my recommendation as it's what I wouldn't think twice about playing because it came with an interesting gameplay. 

33 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Well seems that everyone is recommending FF6 so I might go with that. 

I did recommended that as well for you. If you had Final Fantasy 7 in there, it would have easily been my first recommendation. 

On 5/20/2022 at 6:03 PM, kingpotato said:

No I have not made my decision yet, I only said it was my first option to pick, But I wanted to know what others might recommend or vote for, I will wait a couple of weeks before closing the poll. 

He word it very weirdly but I believe what he was trying to say is that "its a game that he will always recommend". Most likely a transalation issue, most of the times we have to rearrange how we say things before translating a phrase to english. Anyway which one would you vote for or do you a recomendation that is not in the list ? If possible something that I can emulate, Im broke at the moment 😆

I will surely add them to the list 😁 Oh yeah they dont make them like before, I can remember how many times I dropped my old Gameboy advance and it barely had any scratches on it, I had more care with my SP, I even had a little belt back pack for it 😆 (I dont know how to call it) and I carried it everywhere like if it was my wallet, man I probably looked like dork as a kid hahaha

Man i haven't pulled out some of this stuff in years until a few days ago, like all my european gamboy advance games are still in the moving boxes when i moved out of my parents place haha. When digging trough them looking for rpg's, i realised how amazing the cover art is on most of these. You don't see that anymore these days, unless you would read gaming magazines for the most part publishers had to sell you the game on the coverart alone, they are all good games imo and there's atleast 10 rpg's in case they haven't been mentioned already  :

QUOCdUx.jpg

As much as I love Final Fantasy 6, I say go with Earthbound first. It's definitely my favorite RPG on the SNES, it's so bizarre and eerie at the same time. It's also got one of the most creepiest sounding tracks in a non horror video game, not Giygas' theme but the Cave of the Past.

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

Ogre Battle: The March Of The Black Queen wasn't mentioned by anyone and I felt that's not good enough. It's one of best tactical RPGs game ever made which focuses on war management and building armies. It's something that I love so much. 

I will keep that one in mind 😁 I think I already have it among my snes roms