Register Now
kingpotato

Which turn based RPG should I play

Recomend me a turn based RPG to play  

11 members have voted

1. 1. These are the ones Im most interested in playing.

• Super Mario RPG Snes
    • Earthbound
    • Final Fantasy 6
    • Breath of Fire
    • Golden Sun
    • Chrono Trigger
    • Bravely default

On 5/25/2022 at 7:11 AM, Boblee said:

If you love an RPG's game that's centered on playing the hero, then you should look into playing Terranigma where your quest would be to resurrect your frozen world and save your people. 

That sounds interesting, thank you, I will be sure to try it out.

19 hours ago, kingpotato said:

That sounds interesting, thank you, I will be sure to try it out.

You're absolutely welcome mate. If I should think of another that's worth playing, I will still drop by here to name it for you. 

On 5/23/2022 at 8:46 AM, Yaramaki said:

Man i haven't pulled out some of this stuff in years until a few days ago, like all my european gamboy advance games are still in the moving boxes when i moved out of my parents place haha. When digging trough them looking for rpg's, i realised how amazing the cover art is on most of these. You don't see that anymore these days, unless you would read gaming magazines for the most part publishers had to sell you the game on the coverart alone, they are all good games imo and there's atleast 10 rpg's in case they haven't been mentioned already  :

QUOCdUx.jpg

I still play FInal Fantasy Tactics although it is using an emulator though - Advance wars certainly brings back some memories as well. I think it was a very underrated strategy game for its time.

7 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I still play FInal Fantasy Tactics although it is using an emulator though - Advance wars certainly brings back some memories as well. I think it was a very underrated strategy game for its time.

You know what, I have heard gamers talk about using an emulator to play but in all honesty, I don't understand how it's done or what it's about. Would you put me through? 

4 hours ago, Boblee said:

You know what, I have heard gamers talk about using an emulator to play but in all honesty, I don't understand how it's done or what it's about. Would you put me through? 

We cant talk about how to download emulators on the forum, You are going to have to google it yourself. Emulators for gba, snes and nes are pretty easy to find.

On 5/29/2022 at 2:24 PM, kingpotato said:

We cant talk about how to download emulators on the forum, You are going to have to google it yourself. Emulators for gba, snes and nes are pretty easy to find.

Alright, I will do just that. If I probably run into a challenge, I would PM you. I hope that's good by you? 

24 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

I dont think that will be necessary but sure go ahead if you need to

Mate - you didn't even include Fire Emblem (although you'd need a GBA emulator but still...). Easily one of the best RPG series of the GBA era.

16 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Mate - you didn't even include Fire Emblem (although you'd need a GBA emulator but still...). Easily one of the best RPG series of the GBA era.

Honestly the only fire emblem game that I liked is Fire Emblem Awakening, I already own that on the 3ds. I already played the gba fire emblem, and I did played that for a while many years ago, I never got to finish that.

12 hours ago, kingpotato said:

I dont think that will be necessary but sure go ahead if you need to

Thanks mate. I have already booked some pages on how to learn more about it, hopefully I wouldn't be needing to PM you. 

Have you started playing the FF 6 that was recommended for you? 

On 5/25/2022 at 3:11 PM, Boblee said:

If you love an RPG's game that's centered on playing the hero, then you should look into playing Terranigma where your quest would be to resurrect your frozen world and save your people. 

This sounds like something that I would also be interested in playing. I'd look into it myself and see the possibility of playing it. 

10 hours ago, Heatman said:

This sounds like something that I would also be interested in playing. I'd look into it myself and see the possibility of playing it. 

Yes, it's definitely an interesting RPG that's very entertaining. The same thing can be said about Chronos: Before the Ashes as well.