Register Now
kingpotato

Which turn based RPG should I play

Recomend me a turn based RPG to play  

11 members have voted

1. 1. These are the ones Im most interested in playing.

• Super Mario RPG Snes
    • Earthbound
    • Final Fantasy 6
    • Breath of Fire
    • Golden Sun
    • Chrono Trigger
    • Bravely default

12 hours ago, Boblee said:

Yes, it's definitely an interesting RPG that's very entertaining. The same thing can be said about Chronos: Before the Ashes as well. 

This is very interesting. Now, that's the second one on my list that I have picked up from the course of discussion on this recommendation. I'm liking this very much already. 

@kingpotato Just wondering have you ever heard of a game called slay the spire, it's supposed to be a card/deck building, rogue like hybrid? I know you like card games so maybe you have heard of it, it's on ps4/xbox one/pc and probably switch aswell. Ign gave it a 9/10 so it must be good, i've been eying it for a while now so i'll probably pick up a copy next time i see it on sale somewhere.

Edited by Yaramaki

5 hours ago, Boblee said:

Not a single vote for Bravely default. Is the game that bad? There's only one way to find out and it's reviews. I'm looking into it and if it's any good, I might give it a run. 

Bravely Default is the rejected RPG among the list 😂, it's why no one cared about it at all. But it might be something nice. You should have it checked out first. 

58 minutes ago, Yaramaki said:

@kingpotato Just wondering have you ever heard of a game called slay the spire, it's supposed to be a card/deck building, rogue like hybrid? I know you like card games so maybe you have heard of it, it's on ps4/xbox one/pc and probably switch aswell. Ign gave it a 9/10 so it must be good, i've been eying it for a while now so i'll probably pick up a copy next time i see it on sale somewhere.

It was free for the PS PLUS line up on April, I honestly forgot to grab it then, I saw a gameplay video it didnt actually caught my attention, I kinda regret now not playing it when I had the chance.

On 6/1/2022 at 8:21 PM, Boblee said:

Yes, it's definitely an interesting RPG that's very entertaining. The same thing can be said about Chronos: Before the Ashes as well. 

I actually played this game on my homies console and it's quite fun to play, I didn't get it on mine but you will definitely enjoy the story line. If you are a fan of GOW then you will definitely find this game intriguing as well.

14 hours ago, Clasher said:

I actually played this game on my homies console and it's quite fun to play, I didn't get it on mine but you will definitely enjoy the story line. If you are a fan of GOW then you will definitely find this game intriguing as well.

That's very encouraging to hear because I'm actually considering getting the game as well. At least with your review on playing it already, it's a good push for me to move for it. 

59 minutes ago, Heatman said:

That's very encouraging to hear because I'm actually considering getting the game as well. At least with your review on playing it already, it's a good push for me to move for it. 

I'm glad you found my review helpful , you can get the game and enjoy , I'm very sure you won't ever have dull moment while playing chronos.

I've only played Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, and even then it was only briefly due to the emulation crashing on me. Therefore it gets my vote. I've been meaning to play Chrono Trigger, which I hear is a must-play for anyone into JRPGs. I hear Bravely Default is a fine enough game also, going back to the simpler times of the Final Fantasy games.

Edited by Withywarlock

2 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

I've only played Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, and even then it was only briefly due to the emulation crashing on me. Therefore it gets my vote. I've been meaning to play Chrono Trigger, which I hear is a must-play for anyone into JRPGs. I hear Bravely Default is a fine enough game also, going back to the simpler times of the Final Fantasy games.

Finally, someone chips in a little support for Bravely Default. At least, it would get one vote in the pool. It would have been so odd that, others got at least a vote and it never did. 

2 minutes ago, Boblee said:

Finally, someone chips in a little support for Bravely Default. At least, it would get one vote in the pool. It would have been so odd that, others got at least a vote and it never did. 

There's only 10 votes and 7 choices so I'm not surprised there's no support for it. Not to mention it's the newest of the lot as far as I can tell, the others all having developed renown over more than a decade. In the context of this list, I imagine any pre-3D Final Fantasy would've seen more votes than Bravely Default, because it's my understanding that's just what it is. That's just my guess though; CRPGs are more my thing. 😅

I would go with Chrono Trigger given the fact that it's the one that I have played more among the list you had. The gameplay was super for me all round. Final Fantasy 7 would have been another one I would pick but it's not there. 

18 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

I would go with Chrono Trigger given the fact that it's the one that I have played more among the list you had. The gameplay was super for me all round. Final Fantasy 7 would have been another one I would pick but it's not there. 

The list is based on older JRPGs (except for bravely default) I already own and played FF7 remake, I wanted to go back to more classic JRPGs

On 6/3/2022 at 12:31 PM, Clasher said:

I'm glad you found my review helpful , you can get the game and enjoy , I'm very sure you won't ever have dull moment while playing chronos.

I have already purchased the game but I wouldn't start out playing it immediately. It's more like a culture with with all games I get. I never play them immediately. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

I have already purchased the game but I wouldn't start out playing it immediately. It's more like a culture with with all games I get. I never play them immediately. 

That's awesome, do find time to play it whenever and I'm very sure you are going to find it worth your time.