Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

What is perfect fun gameplay? No sports

I've been seduced. I'm living in a land where gaming is above and beyond reality. It can be real. So real. It can be fantasy. So dreamy. But to you, what is perfect gameplay that draws you in, seduces you. What is it? War? Heroism? I'm more of a fuck the system type. Why? Ask why not. Fun gameplay is Saints Row where it is everything famous GTA lacks. GTA is amazing. SR is fate from the gods. Not Ultor, that's for sure. Now listen, we game to game. But what is perfect gameplay? Saints Row is perfect gameplay. Everything you want in a game is there. What is perfect fun gameplay? Maybe that's the question I should have asked. But I just did. 

I'll leave the rest to you; indulge us all perfect fun gameplay. Then I'll compare with Saints Row. Bring it. 

Thats a very good question, which game has the perfect gameplay ? My favorite game is Skyrim but thats far from perfect, I mean like a galaxy away from perfect xD But probably the perfect game for me was God of War ps4 and The Last of Us, I was going to say RDR2 but the online mode ruins the perfect score. 

I'm honestly not even sure, to be honest. I don't think there is a game that can be a 10/10 and has no flaws. Grand Theft Auto 4 and 5 are probably the only two games that come close to perfection and even with those two, there are a few things that I don't like about it like the driving physics in 5.

GTA 5 or S.A is a perfect gameplay for me, everything in those two games are perfect, you do everything you want to do in reality via the game. I drive vehicles, motorcycles, and aeroplane, and lots more in the game, that's fantastic for me. 

The perfect fun gameplay is tactical open world shooters, on realistic difficulty. For example Ghost Recon Wildlands.

Where your objectives are not at the ends of linear levels, but in open world compounds that you need to infiltrate. And you have completely free reign on how to do it. Drive up to or crash the front gates  guns blazing, sneak in undetected, silently stalk and take down every enemy, parachute from the top, carve a bloody route to your objective, arrive in a tank, or any combination of the above.

And the realistic difficulty makes it insanely intense, you are no super soldier, one unwise move, or an enemy allowed to circle around you, or an alarm raised, and you find yourself on the defensive instead of the offensive, often forced to flee, because if you get shot, you are dead. The enemy is as deadly to you as you are to the enemy.

On 5/20/2022 at 5:11 PM, Darth said:

I'm honestly not even sure, to be honest. I don't think there is a game that can be a 10/10 and has no flaws. Grand Theft Auto 4 and 5 are probably the only two games that come close to perfection and even with those two, there are a few things that I don't like about it like the driving physics in 5.

If you talk about games being 10/10, it means that the game doesn't even have bugs or glitches as well and that's impossible in our games today. I know that some game's try as much as possible to cut down on the bugs but it's never eliminated 100%.

I always do quite a bit of research before starting a game, which is probably why almost all games I've played (most recent being Mankind Divided, Prey, Judgement) have been very fun experiences for me. This is why I'd never play games like Alan Wake/Control or Hades/Returnal/Hollow Knight because I know I'd hate them so I don't even bother trying.

18 minutes ago, Empire said:

I always do quite a bit of research before starting a game, which is probably why almost all games I've played (most recent being Mankind Divided, Prey, Judgement) have been very fun experiences for me. This is why I'd never play games like Alan Wake/Control or Hades/Returnal/Hollow Knight because I know I'd hate them so I don't even bother trying.

It's actually what game's reviews do for me. Gone are the days that I would just up and jump into any game because I can afford paying for it. As I already know the kind of franchise I love to play, so my getting reviews have been narrowed down for me. 

On 5/20/2022 at 10:05 AM, kingpotato said:

Thats a very good question, which game has the perfect gameplay ? My favorite game is Skyrim but thats far from perfect, I mean like a galaxy away from perfect xD But probably the perfect game for me was God of War ps4 and The Last of Us, I was going to say RDR2 but the online mode ruins the perfect score. 

Well, everything you mentioned is not straight fun. Skyrim being far from perfect is not PERFECT FUN GAMEPLAY!!! TLOU is drama and nothing near fun gameplay. 

On 5/20/2022 at 5:54 PM, Heatman said:

I would go with Ghost of Tsushima and The Last Of Us Part II. For perfect gameplay, both of these games gave me everything that I ever wanted. I couldn't ask for more than what it offered. 

I am not talking about perfect gameplay. I'm talking straight fun as hell. Don't reply unless you can think of fun better than Saints Row

18 hours ago, Empire said:

We are entering the world of comparison then, MD, Prey, Judgement; I will compare to Saints Row in good time. 

So far you all lose to fun gameplay. But what comparison? Why is SR God compared to roaches of other games? Maybe because they are Saints. hahaha. Naw. It's because I'm too cool and you aren't. Naw. I'm looking for more options of games that are fun gameplay before I smack you down and bring proof Saints Row offers the most fun in a game. 

Cmon Bring it

What's considered fun can be subjective in my opinion. This is because there are a lot of things that I might find fun in which another person would disagree and that's very normal. The same thing is apparently applicable to video games as well. A gamer might see a particular game to be fun for him while it's not to another. If I'm picking one game that's pure fun to play, it would be the first person life simulation adventure video game Slime Rancher. 

3 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Well, everything you mentioned is not straight fun. Skyrim being far from perfect is not PERFECT FUN GAMEPLAY!!! TLOU is drama and nothing near fun gameplay. 

I am not talking about perfect gameplay. I'm talking straight fun as hell. Don't reply unless you can think of fun better than Saints Row

I'd like to add that even though Saint Row is an incredible game when it comes to being fun, Sleeping Dogs and Mad Max gave something that's in its equivalent as well. 

"Perfect fun gameplay" isn't something you nail down to any particular formula, just like @Dannyjax said it's subjective.  I could say the turn based system in Final Fantasy X is perfect and the best gameplay I've experienced that uses that system.  I could also say Metal Gear Solid 3 has the perfect tactical/stealth gameplay, or that Life is Strange has the best mechanics of any interactive narrative type of experience.  Not only are these games are completely different but at the end of the day they are all subjective opinions rather than provable facts.

So with all due respect @Reality vs Adventure, I'm really not sure where you're trying to go with this and I doesn't seem like a particularly productive conversation to me.  We've already started to see this lack of productive conversation with this:

4 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:
On 5/20/2022 at 4:05 PM, kingpotato said:

How can say that @kingpotato is wrong?  If he thinks that Skyrim, God of War or The Last of Us have the most fun gameplay then that's just how he feels.  You can't define what somebody else considers to be "Fun". It's like me telling you that you don't like Broccoli, what the fuck do I know!  It's all subjective.

Busting around heads in kamarocho and getting lost in minigames and side activities in the yakuza series is fun to me, not only is the gameplay fun as hell and the story top notch, hell even the side stories are worth checking out and even tell a story on their own. 

@Reality vs Adventure, why not go check out the Just Cause series considering you like saints row so much, if you haven't already, you'll probably going to have a blast with the Just Cause series. 

7 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

Not only are these games are completely different but at the end of the day they are all subjective opinions rather than provable facts.

I don't believe perfect fun gameplay is subjective at all. Fun isn't subjective. Fun is what causes smiles and laughs. I don't see how strategy games, plotting attacks creates laughter. If you constantly deal with bugs in a game, then that's not perfect fun. Enjoying entertainment is subjective. That could be absolutely anything. Fun has very little pause. Fun is constant. Fun doesn't pick you up and drop you like a bad habit. Perfect fun gameplay has no breaks in fun. That's why I left out sports. Because sports many times are constant fun. So that's why I wanted to leave it off and focus on non sport games that don't pause in fun. What makes a person all laughs and smiles can be subjective. Whether that being slaughtering zombies, hacking demons, or rolling around in a tank in the city. But fun itself is not subjective. Fun doesn't quit till you quit the game. So perfect fun gameplay once again I have to say is constant. There is no pause. No strategizing, no drama, no interruptions. So you could say my interpretation of fun is subjective. So for this thread I'll focus on my interpretation of fun. Perfect fun is uninterrupted smiles and laughs till you stop playing the game. I should have been more clear. I wasn't expecting Murder She Wrote to be perfect fun for some people. 😄 Anyways. I'm right and yer wrong lol