Register Now
NightmareFarm

Streets of rage 4 kicks ass!

I downloaded this game and started playing it last night. I've only beaten the first two stages but i'm in love. It's kind of like a 2.5D fighting game but single player and focused around building long combos. You can use special moves but there isn't a mana or meter system in this game. Instead it sacrifices your health. That's the best way I can describe the gameplay. The visual style look so crisp, I might have just skipped past this game if it hadn't caught my attentions this way. The soundtrack has bangers which really pumps you up as well. It also has an online mode which I will try out once I finish the game. I highly reccomend beat em up or 2D fighting game fans to try this game out.

image.thumb.png.1c0126664b81abde7aeac75c78e32fbb.png

For the Goros you need to constantly move up and down the Y axis while advancing towards them so you don't get hit by their punches. Grab them and smack em or throw them into each other/out the window.

On Mania, yes - this game is fucking hard. The key thing is learning each enemy's attack pattern and exploiting it and I found that just watching YouTube videos to figure it out doesn't help because people rarely explain why they're doing what they're doing.

2 hours ago, NightmareFarm said:

I downloaded this game and started playing it last night. I've only beaten the first two stages but i'm in love. It's kind of like a 2.5D fighting game but single player and focused around building long combos. You can use special moves but there isn't a mana or meter system in this game. Instead it sacrifices your health. That's the best way I can describe the gameplay. The visual style look so crisp, I might have just skipped past this game if it hadn't caught my attentions this way. The soundtrack has bangers which really pumps you up as well. It also has an online mode which I will try out once I finish the game. I highly reccomend beat em up or 2D fighting game fans to try this game out.

image.thumb.png.1c0126664b81abde7aeac75c78e32fbb.png

I would have to take a look at its trailer in order to have a very clear picture of what to expect in the game. Although, you did very well in trying to give an insight on the gameplay. 

I love Streets of Rage 4, and pre ordered it once pre orders went live! I grew up with a Genesis and played SoR 1 and 2 as a kid. I need to get back to playing SoR 4 though, I haven't finished it yet. Axel is my favorite character in the franchise.

8 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Haven't heard of this game before - I'll go check it out on YouTube right now. I mean Elden Ring is a joy to play right now as I'm cooking most players but I don't mind finding something new to play.

You're so correct about how good playing Elden Ring feels. I simply can't stop playing it. But on the game Streets of rage 4 kicks ass, here's the trailer. It looks good too. 

Though I haven't played street of rage it kinda have the looks of Persona  5 Royal , I would certainly check it out, because I am currently looking for another role playing game that could replace persona 5 Royal in my backlog.

11 hours ago, Clasher said:

Though I haven't played street of rage it kinda have the looks of Persona  5 Royal , I would certainly check it out, because I am currently looking for another role playing game that could replace persona 5 Royal in my backlog.

Just a single google click will help you know about the games which you want. 

On 5/25/2022 at 1:12 PM, Clasher said:

In all honesty, I wasn't impressed with what the developers did with Persona 5 Royal and it's part of the reason why I decided to pause on the game for now. But as for Street of Rage 4, it's a masterpiece in every way possible. There's even a slight resemblance in the gameplay with what Sculptured Software and Capcom did with The Punisher on Sega Genesis. 

I still haven't played it. Even downloaded it on Game pass when it was on there, but didn't play it once. I think I need to get friends involved in order for me to play a beat em up like this. I don't like playing them alone, because the experience is for sure heightened with a friend or more. Maybe it'll come back to gamepass one of these days and I'll replay it then. 

On 8/22/2022 at 6:41 PM, Heatman said:

In all honesty, I wasn't impressed with what the developers did with Persona 5 Royal and it's part of the reason why I decided to pause on the game for now. But as for Street of Rage 4, it's a masterpiece in every way possible. There's even a slight resemblance in the gameplay with what Sculptured Software and Capcom did with The Punisher on Sega Genesis. 

So you've played both games, i can't give a comparison though but I think persona 5 was kinda good though not as good as persona 4.

It's still unfortunate that I haven't played street of rage 4 yet but reviews I have gotten so far seems to rank the Game as an interesting one.

On 8/23/2022 at 4:06 AM, Kane99 said:

I still haven't played it. Even downloaded it on Game pass when it was on there, but didn't play it once. I think I need to get friends involved in order for me to play a beat em up like this. I don't like playing them alone, because the experience is for sure heightened with a friend or more. Maybe it'll come back to gamepass one of these days and I'll replay it then. 

Unless you don't have the time to play it but since you have already downloaded it, that's the first part. You can easily get into playing it whenever you have enough time at your disposal. I get that some of us are playing less lately for one reason or another.