Register Now
Maxi

Which game gave you the best side quests played?

There are so many video games and RPGs likewise that offers incredible side quests.

The side quests offer more playing aspect from the game's main story in order to compliment it.

I enjoyed playing Boc's Questline in Elden because of the reward of getting a new friend and personal tailor.

Which game's side quest was your best or favorite?

That's a difficult one. It's a toss up for me between FF8 and RDR2. FF8 has some of the best side quests I've ever seen in a game. And so many of them are hidden so well in the game, that unless you have a guide to let you know that they even exist, you would never find them.

RDR2, with its stranger missions also offers a lot of side missions. There are random people all over the map for you to help out, and also random encounters to help. Also there is the Legendary animals and Legendary fish that you can go after. You can catch yourself a wild horse, but the Arabians are the only ones worth catching despite the fact that they are the absolute stupidest animals in the entire damn game.

You can also make up your own missions in these games. For example in FF8, you can go after all the best spells in the game. You can try to get your inventory completely full. Something I have never achieved. In RDR2 you can try to get every animal in your compendium. You can also try to get every cigarette card, or go for some of the optional challenges.

Those two games are full of endless opportunities.

On 5/21/2022 at 10:43 AM, Maxi said:

There are so many video games and RPGs likewise that offers incredible side quests.

The side quests offer more playing aspect from the game's main story in order to compliment it.

I enjoyed playing Boc's Questline in Elden because of the reward of getting a new friend and personal tailor.

Which game's side quest was your best or favorite?

I've not seen your posts before Maxi, so I bid you welcome to the forum. I also like that you've contributed to the question you've posed us, which always makes a good first impression.

I like Boc well enough as a character and enjoyed his story (which begins by finding him disguised as a tree, interestingly enough), and he leads you to some boss arenas to take their stuff. I don't like the reward as tailoring does little to improve the game experiences (Fashion Souls this ain't), but I'm always happy to help a downtrodden soul like Boc. Boc 'n' Roll!

I think one of the most important side-quests in gaming is The Bloody Baron's questline in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. It's the one that helps a lot of people decide whether the game is for them, wherein something either clicks or it doesn't. Most people I talk to about the game either enjoyed it to begin with, or had their mind changed with that quest, and I feel the same. Whenever I think about the game I think about that quest, and go "I really ought to pick it up again."

But my favourite side-quests have to come from The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind and IV: Oblivion. Morrowind because it does its guild content brilliantly, with tightly knit stories and interactions with other guilds. The Great Houses of Morrowind are a particularly nice take on guild content. But Oblivion has my favourite side quests in general because there's a great enough variety of combat, exploration and social encounters in each of the towns and you don't have to go far to find them (and some you do). Some of the voice work of Oblivion helps also: Lynda Carter's Meridia is my favourite character, possibly in the entire series (even more so than Wes Johnson's Count Janus Hassildor or Sheogorath).