Register Now
Icefrost

Do you usually blackout when playing games?

There's something that usually happens to me when playing video games and I have observed that it normally occurs whenever I play over 4 hours uninterrupted.

I tend to go pitch black blank just like someone who's brains shutdown for a minute. I would stare at the gaming TV but wouldn't actually be seeing anything for about a minute before things gets back to normal. 

I have tried to ignore it but, it's been repeating constantly, so I decided not to play any game for more than 2 hours. I'm just trying to be careful and hoping it's nothing health related. 

I don’t like Warzone that much and I’m just simply better at blackout. And it’s more colorful, I love the locations, gunplay is better, it’s less tryhardy, and I just enjoy the mode in general. I still am playing bo3 zombies to this day, I don’t like buying the new thing unless it rlly interests me, I know people will leave the old games but is till love them

Nothing like that have happened to me and I wouldn't like to experience it as well.

What I can say that usually happens to me when I must have played too long than I should, would be getting tired and bored to an extent.

My eyes might feel weird for sometime, probably as a result of being too fixated on the TV for too long. 

6 hours ago, Icefrost said:

There's something that usually happens to me when playing video games and I have observed that it normally occurs whenever I play over 4 hours uninterrupted.

I tend to go pitch black blank just like someone who's brains shutdown for a minute. I would stare at the gaming TV but wouldn't actually be seeing anything for about a minute before things gets back to normal. 

I have tried to ignore it but, it's been repeating constantly, so I decided not to play any game for more than 2 hours. I'm just trying to be careful and hoping it's nothing health related. 

What I'm going to chip in for you here is nothing much but that you should know that too much of anything is bad. Always do thing in moderation. 

Yesterday, such happened to me. I will say that, it was due to stress, I worked for over 12 hours online yesterday without adequate rest, including playing of online games. So, I couldn't know when I slept off. 

14 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

That seems like an issue you should ask a doctor about. I wouldn't leave it unchecked. Because how do you know it won't happen when you drive? 

You do have a good point there. The thing with me and driving is that I don't do it myself.

I have my personal driver which was why it never occurred to me. But, I think that you're right, even though I don't drive myself, it seems like something that might hunt me later maybe when I get older. 

Thanks for the suggestion by the way, it's very thoughtful of you. 

On 5/22/2022 at 10:07 AM, Icefrost said:

You do have a good point there. The thing with me and driving is that I don't do it myself.

I have my personal driver which was why it never occurred to me. But, I think that you're right, even though I don't drive myself, it seems like something that might hunt me later maybe when I get older. 

Thanks for the suggestion by the way, it's very thoughtful of you. 

I would advise that the sooner you get to have yourself properly checked up, the better it is for you. This is because when it comes to health, the longer you allow a problem to linger, the more damage it causes. 

On 5/21/2022 at 9:04 PM, Justin11 said:

Yesterday, such happened to me. I will say that, it was due to stress, I worked for over 12 hours online yesterday without adequate rest, including playing of online games. So, I couldn't know when I slept off. 

I haven't seen the kind of work that's going to keep me working for 12 hours straight none stop. How much are they going to pay me for me to try and kill myself all in the name of working? 

I second @Reality vs Adventure's suggestion of seeing your doctor and/or opticians immediately. I regret not seeing this post sooner because this isn't normal, and could be a sign of something very serious.

Very recently I've had eyelid spasms, originally thinking it was my eyeballs themselves flickering out. I saw my optician and I'm thankful they said my eyes are perfectly healthy, but I don't want to take my chances. Anything I can do to limit screen time and bright lights I take without hesitation.

~

Hopefully I've just lost something in translation, and that by blackout it's like when I'm intuitively just flying through Spyro levels because I know them like the back of my hand without really any thought or care. Otherwise, don't risk it. Stay safe.

On 5/21/2022 at 9:04 PM, Justin11 said:

You shouldn't have to work yourself like that my life. Take it easy before you break down all because of work and you still have to get into gaming as well. It's too much. 

On 5/21/2022 at 5:23 AM, Icefrost said:

I really think you should go get that checked out - also, you should try limiting the amount of time your gaming sessions last and taking more breaks to see if that solves your issue as well.

15 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

I second @Reality vs Adventure's suggestion of seeing your doctor and/or opticians immediately. I regret not seeing this post sooner because this isn't normal, and could be a sign of something very serious.

Very recently I've had eyelid spasms, originally thinking it was my eyeballs themselves flickering out. I saw my optician and I'm thankful they said my eyes are perfectly healthy, but I don't want to take my chances. Anything I can do to limit screen time and bright lights I take without hesitation.

~

Hopefully I've just lost something in translation, and that by blackout it's like when I'm intuitively just flying through Spyro levels because I know them like the back of my hand without really any thought or care. Otherwise, don't risk it. Stay safe.

Anything health issues that's connected with sight is something to be taken very seriously 100%. You can't joke with your sight.

If one knows the horrors those that are blind pass through every day of their lives, one would value their sight like their lives depends on it. 

18 hours ago, Heatman said:

You shouldn't have to work yourself like that my life. Take it easy before you break down all because of work and you still have to get into gaming as well. It's too much. 

That's very bad, I've taken precautions, thanks for the suggestion. During the next day I wasn't myself, that's why I couldn't stay online that much. Life isn't about work alone, adequate relaxation is needed.