Register Now
Icefrost

Do you usually blackout when playing games?

On 5/21/2022 at 11:23 AM, Icefrost said:

There's something that usually happens to me when playing video games and I have observed that it normally occurs whenever I play over 4 hours uninterrupted.

I tend to go pitch black blank just like someone who's brains shutdown for a minute. I would stare at the gaming TV but wouldn't actually be seeing anything for about a minute before things gets back to normal. 

I have tried to ignore it but, it's been repeating constantly, so I decided not to play any game for more than 2 hours. I'm just trying to be careful and hoping it's nothing health related. 

Maybe your body reacts to the Ray's emitted from your tv sets and headset combined, you could try to reduce the hours you spend glued to your gaming sets. I dont experience such blackouts though I spend several hours playing Games.

1 hour ago, Clasher said:

Maybe your body reacts to the Ray's emitted from your tv sets and headset combined, you could try to reduce the hours you spend glued to your gaming sets. I dont experience such blackouts though I spend several hours playing Games.

The simple fact is that too much screen time isn't healthy. If you can cut yours down, it's better on the long run. 

1 minute ago, Boblee said:

The simple fact is that too much screen time isn't healthy. If you can cut yours down, it's better on the long run. 

I don't even play video games as much as I used to before due to my busy schedule and working time. But as the saying goes old habits die hard I still try to play for atleast an hour when I have spare time.

1 minute ago, Clasher said:

I don't even play video games as much as I used to before due to my busy schedule and working time. But as the saying goes old habits die hard I still try to play for atleast an hour when I have spare time.

At one point, I thought about getting glasses 👓 to help add a little bit of protection for my eyes. What do you think? 

3 minutes ago, Boblee said:

At one point, I thought about getting glasses 👓 to help add a little bit of protection for my eyes. What do you think? 

That's a pretty good idea, you can get an Eyezen lense or Monofocal or single-vision glasses which helps to protect your eyes from the TV Ray's or from your computer or smartphone light to prevent some eye defect in the future. I actually have one as I am always working on my smartphone or PC.

Just now, Clasher said:

That's a pretty good idea, you can get an Eyezen lense or Monofocal or single-vision glasses which helps to protect your eyes from the TV Ray's or from your computer or smartphone light to prevent some eye defect in the future. I actually have one as I am always working on my smartphone or PC.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into getting either of them or I would speak to my eye doctor to get his own recommendation as well. 

13 minutes ago, Boblee said:

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into getting either of them or I would speak to my eye doctor to get his own recommendation as well. 

Yeah, that is also a very good move because your doctor will give a more detailed and precise prescription for you that would be more suitable to your eye structure. You should do that as soon as you can so you can start using it to curtail any more damage that direct screen to eye contact might cause to you.

If it's possible for you to drop gaming for a considerable long time and allow your system to set up and recover nicely after going to the hospital and having the best treatment, it's going to do you a lot of good. 

On 5/25/2022 at 2:36 AM, Jasmin said:

I don't push myself to the extreme limit while playing games, therefore, I have never blackout. Gaming is just fun activity and I do not want to hurt my mind and body by pushing myself to extreme limit.

I agree - your health should take priority over gaming.

15 hours ago, Jasmin said:

You play games for fun, entertainment, and relaxation, right? What's the point of playing games when it is on longer fun because you begin to hurt your body and mind.

That's true mate, if it ain't fun anymore or if it is becoming detrimental to your health , it's best you quit for sometime there's no need whatsoever to push your body till breaking point.

3 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Even with my mobile device it still that way, even I play for long, the next thing will be sleep. And if I fail to sleep around those times my device will definitely fall off due to over tiredness of staying awake.  

Then you should consider not playing for long hours and stick to some few minutes of game play to avoid damaging your device when you drift off to sleep while playing and your device falls off.

6 hours ago, Clasher said:

Then you should consider not playing for long hours and stick to some few minutes of game play to avoid damaging your device when you drift off to sleep while playing and your device falls off.

xD, I got you, I've taken notice of that already I'm not going to stress myself out anymore. When I want to sleep, definitely I'll go sleep, life isn't about gaming I have to rest also. 

5 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

xD, I got you, I've taken notice of that already I'm not going to stress myself out anymore. When I want to sleep, definitely I'll go sleep, life isn't about gaming I have to rest also. 

That's true mate, I know we all got passion and deep love for gaming but when it is having some side effects it should be stooped or given a break From. Personally gaming help to relieve my stress but I'm not always in a frenzy to play video games as sometimes my body needs a good rest instead of putting that time into gaming I just go to sleep .