Register Now
Icefrost

Would you buy any old console today?

Video games consoles have been a major breakthrough in the gaming industry. It's why we have seen so many different type of consoles and their unique controllers over the years gaming have been part of us.

As we have next generation consoles right now, the old generation consoles are still there with their incredible games.

If you have the opportunity to choose any old console from the past that you never played with for purchase right now, which one would you like to go for?

I never got to play on Atari 2600, I wouldn't mind getting it and having a taste of what it's like to play on it. 

Edited by Icefrost

My Gameboy was stolen at one time when I was still a kid and the pain have been with me ever since till today. It was a gift sent to me, so I couldn't purchase again back then. If I'm to get an old gaming system, it will be my old Gameboy. 

5 hours ago, Boblee said:

My Gameboy was stolen at one time when I was still a kid and the pain have been with me ever since till today. It was a gift sent to me, so I couldn't purchase again back then. If I'm to get an old gaming system, it will be my old Gameboy. 

You just want to recover your lost Gameboy which came as a gift, I know how it feels to lose something that is given as a gift. I love valuing gift which will please the owner of the gift. 

Offcourse i would buy any old console today infact i buy atleast a couple every year, a good game remains a good game no matter how old it is. 

I have pretty much any console i could ever wanted, so most of the ones i'm buying now are limited editions from console i already have the question is do i need them no, do i want them offcourse.

If you have the opportunity to choose any old console from the past that you never played with for purchase right now, which one would you like to go for?

The only console i don't own that i would like to get at some point is the Fijutsu Fm Towns marty but then again do i need it, probably not. Games are really expensive for it and i don't want to start collecting for yet another console.

The Bandai playdia would be a more affordable option but since only a few games were released for it, the collector in me would want to get them all, trust me i've looked into this console before. 

I never got to play on Atari 2600, I wouldn't mind getting it and having a taste of what it's like to play on it. 

There are several atari compilations on ps4/xbox so you can easily play those on current gen hardware and see what the games are for like, if you like them maybe then go get an atari 2600.

Edited by Yaramaki

16 hours ago, Boblee said:

Nothing hurts more like losing something that was gifted to you which you do love so much. I would be sad over it for a long time as if that happened to me. 

1 hour ago, Yaramaki said:

There are several atari compilations on ps4/xbox so you can easily play those on current gen hardware and see what the games are for like, if you like them maybe then go get an atari 2600.

I do have a PS4 but looking for Atari compilations on the console never occurred to me for once.

Thanks for mentioning that, I think that would be a good way to start. 

Their are some gamers who don't mind getting each of a particular console series from the first to the current. Just like, someone having from PS1 to PS5, Xbox 360 to Xbox series x/s. I don't have such funds she time to invest as many as that, 1-2 console of latest versions is okay for me. 

I never got to play the Sega Saturn. I think it would be interesting to play. But other than that, I've played pretty much everything, and own most of them right now. The ones I own are:

Atari 2600
NES
SNES
N64
Game Cube
Wii
Switch
DS
Game Boy/GBA
Sega Genesis
PlayStation 1/2/3/4/5
PSP
Xbox
Xbox 360
Xbox One
Xbox Series S

Those are only the ones I can remember off the top of my head. We have more than those but I can't remember them all. The one system I'm trying to find at a price that I can afford is a Colecovision. I had one when I was a kid, but didn't appreciate it at the time. Now I regret it. But things were different in the 80's.

On 5/21/2022 at 11:30 AM, Icefrost said:

Video games consoles have been a major breakthrough in the gaming industry. It's why we have seen so many different type of consoles and their unique controllers over the years gaming have been part of us.

As we have next generation consoles right now, the old generation consoles are still there with their incredible games.

I missed out playing on Playstation 1 and if it's possible for me to get the console now, I will never say to it. It feels sad being left out on the generation console that laid the groundwork of what we have today in PS consoles with PS5 in the picture right now. There are so many games that I missed out playing on PS 1 which I would love to play and enjoy good old memories. 

10 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

I missed out playing on Playstation 1 and if it's possible for me to get the console now, I will never say to it. It feels sad being left out on the generation console that laid the groundwork of what we have today in PS consoles with PS5 in the picture right now. There are so many games that I missed out playing on PS 1 which I would love to play and enjoy good old memories. 

You can easily get Playstation 1 to play the game if it's really something you wanted to do. There are lots of offer for it on eBay. It's only if you wanted it more, you can do it. If the money is there, it's not going to be a problem at all. 

I have plans of collecting video games and I think I might start soon. Going for games from the early 90's and 2000 like the Nintendo switch and Gameboy. I feel if I have started a few years back I would have gotten a hand full of classic games by now.

On 5/24/2022 at 10:02 AM, Heatman said:

You can easily get Playstation 1 to play the game if it's really something you wanted to do. There are lots of offer for it on eBay. It's only if you wanted it more, you can do it. If the money is there, it's not going to be a problem at all. 

I have considered doing that but at one point, I decided to use the money and get myself a Nintendo Switch. And it was a very good decision from the way I see it.