Register Now
Icefrost

Would you buy any old console today?

On 5/22/2022 at 9:59 AM, Icefrost said:

Nothing hurts more like losing something that was gifted to you which you do love so much. I would be sad over it for a long time as if that happened to me. 

Yeah, that really hurt that bad. If it was possible to get it back in a new one, I wouldn't mind doing it back then but I couldn't afford to. 

3 hours ago, Boblee said:

Yeah, that really hurt that bad. If it was possible to get it back in a new one, I wouldn't mind doing it back then but I couldn't afford to. 

If anything happens to my Atari 2600, I'm going to buy it back no matter the cost. It's the oldest gaming system that I have and I'm not letting it go too easily. 

8 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

If anything happens to my Atari 2600, I'm going to buy it back no matter the cost. It's the oldest gaming system that I have and I'm not letting it go too easily. 

I never owned an Atari 2600 but one of my uncle's did and he doesn't joke with it. It's one gaming platform he never allows his kids to come near it. 

No, I wouldn't go back to playing around old gaming platforms, I wouldn't have such time to go retro, even if I go, it will be played once every 365 days. ND truly, it will be waste of resources which supposed to be utilized for better and enhanced platform. 

18 hours ago, Boblee said:

I never owned an Atari 2600 but one of my uncle's did and he doesn't joke with it. It's one gaming platform he never allows his kids to come near it. 

He's got a very good reason why he's not letting the kids go anywhere near it. They can ruin or damage that thing of beauty. The looks alone of the system is so cool. 

On 6/2/2022 at 2:15 PM, Dannyjax said:

He's got a very good reason why he's not letting the kids go anywhere near it. They can ruin or damage that thing of beauty. The looks alone of the system is so cool. 

It's the same way I feel towards my Sega console. I might let my cousin's play on my PS4 without monitoring them but for my Sega, I dare not. 

8 hours ago, Heatman said:

It's the same way I feel towards my Sega console. I might let my cousin's play on my PS4 without monitoring them but for my Sega, I dare not. 

Those old consoles are worth a lot more than they used to because they are rare now. It's not advisable to put your own functionality at risk. 

On 6/2/2022 at 12:33 PM, Heatman said:

If I ever lose my Sega Genesis or it gets damaged or something, I'm still going to buy it all over again. It's one console I wouldn't give up on ever. 

I didn't actually own a Sega Genesis, but a game I certainly regret not holding on to was my Gameboy Pocket version, though I Know it would be outdated by now but that console formed my earliest memories about video games.

4 hours ago, Grungie said:

I collect retro stuff, so I did that over the years. My most recent console was a Sega Master System and a 3DO. Wouldn’t mind owning a Neo Geo CD.

Back then the Neo Geo CD was actually hard to come get around my region, so only a few had it, I used to fantasize a lot about owning one of my own. I usually go to the gaming complex to play or at a friend's place to play with his.

Edited by Clasher

10 hours ago, Family sedan said:

I wish I had a Sega Genesis.  If I used E-bay I would have one by now.

I have both Sega Genesis and Satrun. I have already given away my Genesis but still have my Satrun and I'm never parting with it.