Register Now
Icefrost

Would you buy any old console today?

9 hours ago, Clasher said:

Back then the Neo Geo CD was actually hard to come get around my region, so only a few had it, I used to fantasize a lot about owning one of my own. I usually go to the gaming complex to play or at a friend's place to play with his.

It always amazes me that for such a niche console snk managed to released 3 different console versions of the neo geo cd. I've got a complete japanese neo geo cd (and pocket) set that i completed years ago, it's a good alternative to collect for since neo geo aes was a little too expensive for my taste and needless to say with all the fakes and converts around, spending over a grand or more on a game wheter or not knowing it's original is not fun to me.

I haven't really followed prices for the neo geo cd tough, since with the crazy prices for retro games i can imagine some games have gone up quite in price over the years. 

Though I do most of my retro gaming through emulation, I do have a very short list of old game consoles I'd buy or re-buy if something happened to them: N64 Pikachu Edition, Sega Saturn, PS4, Gamecube, and Neo Geo AES. The Neo Geo in particular is one I've never owned, but would love to.

9 hours ago, HowHammerYou said:

Though I do most of my retro gaming through emulation, I do have a very short list of old game consoles I'd buy or re-buy if something happened to them: N64 Pikachu Edition, Sega Saturn, PS4, Gamecube, and Neo Geo AES. The Neo Geo in particular is one I've never owned, but would love to.

The last time when I checked out The Neo Geo system price, I think it was sold at $720. I never owned or played on it but would definitely love to. 

19 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

It always amazes me that for such a niche console snk managed to released 3 different console versions of the neo geo cd. I've got a complete japanese neo geo cd (and pocket) set that i completed years ago, it's a good alternative to collect for since neo geo aes was a little too expensive for my taste and needless to say with all the fakes and converts around, spending over a grand or more on a game wheter or not knowing it's original is not fun to me.

I haven't really followed prices for the neo geo cd tough, since with the crazy prices for retro games i can imagine some games have gone up quite in price over the years. 

A couple of years ago , I actually spotted one of such consoles at a store where they sell vintage stuffs, gadgets and the likes, I was a bit moved to get it but I didn't, after a year when I started collecting consoles I went back to get it and it was already out of stock and I haven't found it anywhere else.

Neo Geo CD was a fantasy for me back then, but I couldn't own one of my own but I am still glad  I could experience a bit of the fun.

18 hours ago, Family sedan said:

Cool.  I'm saving up for another car though.  If my parents keep both their cars I won't need one.  If they sell one I may have to buy one of my own again.

That's nice. You should work on that. For me, I can't remember the last time I used my parents cars. I have been on my own for more than 10 years now. 

6 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

That's nice. You should work on that. For me, I can't remember the last time I used my parents cars. I have been on my own for more than 10 years now. 

I live on the American East Coast here in Virginia.  I used to have two Chevys, but not at the same time.  Jobs are scarce in Virginia, at least the doable ones are.  Either that or I'm always being held to a higher standard than others.  That's why I have no car right now.

4 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I know your love for Gran Turismo sport sports is behind the reason wanting to purchase a car @Family sedan? Car isn't my problem, I stay mostly indoors comes out once in a blue moon. If I want cars, I'll move over in-game and drive much of them lol. 

I miss owning cars.  I need to get my next job first.  The latest GT game I've played is 6, I'm into WRC 8 for now.