Register Now
Icefrost

Would you buy any old console today?

On 6/12/2022 at 7:59 PM, Grungie said:

I only have a debit card, you can also pay via PayPal.

I was shocked when I wanted to purchase my Nintendo Switch from Amazon and they don't accept PayPal payment. They are too big not to have that as a payment option. 

5 hours ago, Family sedan said:

I miss owning cars.  I need to get my next job first.  The latest GT game I've played is 6, I'm into WRC 8 for now.

I see, that's cool if you desire to own cars. I admire having cars too, I'm working towards securing a good job to allow me buy cars in the future. GT 6 is cool, but doesn't have PS4 version, that's one reason GT 7 is better. I am yet to play WRC 8, maybe later I can get into it. 

22 hours ago, Clasher said:

A couple of years ago , I actually spotted one of such consoles at a store where they sell vintage stuffs, gadgets and the likes, I was a bit moved to get it but I didn't, after a year when I started collecting consoles I went back to get it and it was already out of stock and I haven't found it anywhere else.

Neo Geo CD was a fantasy for me back then, but I couldn't own one of my own but I am still glad  I could experience a bit of the fun.

You get lucky with such kind of gaming system once in a while. It's why when some have that opportunity and they have the money to buy it, they are never giving it up. 

29 minutes ago, Heatman said:

You get lucky with such kind of gaming system once in a while. It's why when some have that opportunity and they have the money to buy it, they are never giving it up. 

That's true, I would still look around for it and I believe I would certainly find it somewhere.

1 hour ago, Clasher said:

That's true, I would still look around for it and I believe I would certainly find it somewhere.

It must be available somewhere if you look harder for it but the only thing is that you are going to pay a lot more for it now than before. 

9 hours ago, Heatman said:

It must be available somewhere if you look harder for it but the only thing is that you are going to pay a lot more for it now than before. 

I don't think the prices went up that much maybe inflation would affect it a bit. But I believe it would still be within affordable range.

On 6/13/2022 at 9:15 AM, Heatman said:

The last time when I checked out The Neo Geo system price, I think it was sold at $720. I never owned or played on it but would definitely love to. 

Do you think that it's costly or cheaper at that price of $720 considering the age of the gaming system? 

18 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I see, that's cool if you desire to own cars. I admire having cars too, I'm working towards securing a good job to allow me buy cars in the future. GT 6 is cool, but doesn't have PS4 version, that's one reason GT 7 is better. I am yet to play WRC 8, maybe later I can get into it. 

I'll say this, I find GT games a lot easier to play than WRC games or British rally games.  In GT you can buy mods for your car.  Rally games are about cutting down on the amount of errors you'll make.

10 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

Do you think that it's costly or cheaper at that price of $720 considering the age of the gaming system? 

That seems a bit high for a Neo Geo.

The age has nothing to do with price, usually it’s based on rarity., and depending on the console, reliability. Cartridge consoles are also usually built like tanks.

A Sega Genesis or NES are both older than a Neo Geo, and you can snag either one for less than $100 because they sold so many back in the day.

2 hours ago, Grungie said:

That seems a bit high for a Neo Geo.

The age has nothing to do with price, usually it’s based on rarity., and depending on the console, reliability. Cartridge consoles are also usually built like tanks.

A Sega Genesis or NES are both older than a Neo Geo, and you can snag either one for less than $100 because they sold so many back in the day.

It all comes down to the the condition and wheter it's boxed or not if you want a decent condition neo geo aes in the box you're definatly looking at something close to 700$ in price.

Like hell i doubt if you're looking for a nice boxed neo geo cdz (the model of the neo geo cd you want to get ) you're not going to find one under 500$. When i collected for the neo geo cd  it was already in the 400$ range for a nice one and that was 10 years orso ago, with the current prices on retro games i woulden't be suprised if it's going to cost more like 600-700$ for a nice condition boxed one.

4 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

It all comes down to the the condition and wheter it's boxed or not if you want a decent condition neo geo aes in the box you're definatly looking at something close to 700$ in price.

Like hell i doubt if you're looking for a nice boxed neo geo cdz (the model of the neo geo cd you want to get ) you're not going to find one under 500$. When i collected for the neo geo cd  it was already in the 400$ range for a nice one and that was 10 years orso ago, with the current prices on retro games i woulden't be suprised if it's going to cost more like 600-700$ for a nice condition boxed one.

The scarcity of retro games makes it very more expensive than the usual. I was thinking the system wouldn't be that expensive till I had it looked up on one store and the price was within that $700. 

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It depends for me honestly - I'd probably buy a PS2 or maybe a SNES or Dreamcast or even a Sega Genesis. I miss playing Ratchet & Clank on the PS2 and Devil May Cry as well.

I wanted to get a PS2 but since my brother still owns it, it's almost the same thing that I have it 😊

On 6/15/2022 at 4:33 AM, Family sedan said:

I'll say this, I find GT games a lot easier to play than WRC games or British rally games.  In GT you can buy mods for your car.  Rally games are about cutting down on the amount of errors you'll make.

Thanks for the clarification you've carried out on both games. I never played WRC games nor British rally games, I'm just concentrated on GT 7 at the moment and few others. I love GT due to the Mod option, you purchase mod, rebrand your vehicle, upgrade vehicle and enjoy the beauty of racing game. 

On 6/15/2022 at 3:40 PM, Yaramaki said:

Those consoles like the neo Geo cdz, neo Geo aes and Sega Genesis are actually worth a fortune if you are going to buy a new one that's still boxed, but for a second hand version you can still get it within $150 to $250 depending on the seller.

For now with the inflation and other factors cartridge consoles are now on a high side , went in search of the neo Geo cd a few months back and it was worth $650 dollars here had a second thought and I bought it still.