Register Now
CastletonSnob

Will Esports ever be as popular as regular sports?

15 hours ago, NightmareFarm said:

I strongly doubt that will happen. Sports are in a whole different league when it comes to popularity. 

You are very well on point about the level of sports when compared to Esports. All Esports is gotta do would be to keep trying its best and get close up that gap. 

16 hours ago, NightmareFarm said:

Here in england, they are nowhere near as popular and it's only zoomers I hear talking about virtual sports rarely. 

Though I don't play zoom as much as others do, but I certainly enjoy virtual sports. England could be termed as the country with the strongest soccer fan base and soccer teams. England is home to my favourite teams like Liverpool and Manchester city.

eSports are gradually growing, in the football world where I'm focused, football clubs have started employing fantastic gamers to help manage their virtual football teams. And real-life competitions around soccer have been replicated into virtual editions. 

On 6/2/2022 at 4:54 PM, Head_Hunter said:

eSports are gradually growing, in the football world where I'm focused, football clubs have started employing fantastic gamers to help manage their virtual football teams. And real-life competitions around soccer have been replicated into virtual editions. 

With the level of promotion and publicity it's been getting lately, it's going to be a good influencer in getting it up there with others sports. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

With the level of promotion and publicity it's been getting lately, it's going to be a good influencer in getting it up there with others sports. 

Yeah, it will be massive anytime in the future. Because, gamers are paid high almost like the active soccer players. When I reviewed the amount of money Manchester city is paying their virtual team player, It was a shocker, the pay rate is high, money that can touch life to good. 

On 6/2/2022 at 8:19 AM, Heatman said:

You are very well on point about the level of sports when compared to Esports. All Esports is gotta do would be to keep trying its best and get close up that gap. 

If it manages to get to the level of other real life sports, it's going to be a major breakthrough for those involved in it. 

If it can go worldwide, it will create more open job opportunities for players who sees themselves as assets towards game fulfilment. E-sports players in soccer have secured lasting job with professional football teams in Europe, seeing it in other continents will spark lots of interest from gamers who wants to earn from video game as career.