Register Now
DC

VGR Member of the Month - May 2022 Nominations

This is the official Member of the Month - May 2022 Nominations Thread. The winner will receive 500 VGR Forum Points which can be used in Bid for Rewards.

Member of the Month is generally awarded to the individual who had the biggest impact on the VGR Forum. This is generally in the form of contributing the most amount of posts in terms of quantity and/or quality, but can extend to referrals/promotion and other efforts to benefit the community.

You only nominate 1 member and you cannot nominate yourself. @NightmareFarm won April MOTM and thus is not eligible for this month.

Nominations end May 30 at 10pm EST then a new thread will be created for voting. Please keep all thread replies strictly to nominations - no anecdotal discussions/comments.

6 hours ago, Heatman said:

I have seen a lot of new faces lately, who should I nominate right now? Let me still pause for now and see who my interests falls on within the next few days or I might still end up picking @skyfireagain 😊

This user has not made a single post to VGR this month --- so probably a no for May.

7 hours ago, Heatman said:

I have seen a lot of new faces lately, who should I nominate right now? Let me still pause for now and see who my interests falls on within the next few days or I might still end up picking @skyfireagain 😊

Why? He hasn't even been of the forum in weeks, and the last posts he did make were abusive and had to be deleted. Quite frankly, there is nobody who deserves a nomination less. So yes, please do actually think about it.

Edited by Shagger

16 hours ago, Shagger said:

Why? He hasn't even been of the forum in weeks, and the last posts he did make were abusive and had to be deleted. Quite frankly, there is nobody who deserves a nomination less. So yes, please do actually think about it.

On the why, he was my last month's nomination which I later had changed for @NightmareFarmwho eventually won it. So, with him being in active for a while is the reason why I'm still holding off with the nomination. If he doesn't show up in the next few days, I already have another to nominate in his place. 

On 5/24/2022 at 10:24 AM, Heatman said:

On the why, he was my last month's nomination which I later had changed for @NightmareFarmwho eventually won it. So, with him being in active for a while is the reason why I'm still holding off with the nomination. If he doesn't show up in the next few days, I already have another to nominate in his place. 

The way you worded what you've been saying suggests you nominate out of habit rather than actually thinking about it and nomination somebody who actually deserves it, and that is not a good thing. It's not that person you nominate out of habit happens to be @skyfire who surely can't be considered this month, is that you do it or have done it at all. I'm sure that isn't or at least hope that isn't the case, but that was a worrying statement you made, and actually a pretty pointless one as you didn't actually nominate anyone. Why didn't you just save commenting on this until you had actually made your mind up? That's what I'm trying to make clear to you about your posts, you never think it through.

I haven't nominated anyone yet and reason I haven't is because by the time I had made my mind up, that individual had already been nominated by somebody else. If it wasn't for that pointless, yet concerning statement of yours, I probably wouldn't have commented on this thread at all because I would have nothing to add.

Edited by Shagger