Register Now
Clasher

longest hours spent on video games?

If you are a true game lover you would certainly have spent some long streak of hours playing video games. My longest hours playing video games at a stretch is 48hours sounds unreal but it's true. this was during the heat of the pandemic in 2020 movements were restricted so I was practically stuck at home . 

I found a really cool game called Persona 5 Royal for my ps4 console with really exciting contents a lot of characters, more dialogue, unending quests and activities and lengthy overall time to fit them into. I got so hooked trying to complete quests and adventure I didn't even realize I have been playing for several hours only taking breaks for meals or snacks.

what's the longest hours you've spent on a video game in a stretch?

I think in a single stretch the longest I had was probably about 12-14 hours. It was on Uncharted 4. I sat down to play the game one morning then the next thing I knew it was time for bed. The really weird thing is, I wasn't actually that crazy about the game. I even reviewed it. It was good, but not that good I felt. Still, it must have go my hooks into me given the I dedicated almost the entirety of two days of waking hours to beat it.

It was probably during the LAN party days in the early 2000s. We'd start Friday afternoon, and play until noon Sunday. But it was never a single game, but a variety of games we'd rotate randomly.

If we are talking about the longest playing a single game, I'm not certain how long of a stretch I exactly played them but the best candidates are these:

Carmageddon: completed the campaign the same night I got the game
Half Life: I realized at 4:30 AM that maybe it's time to go to bed
Beyond Two Souls: I played this game when I was really ill, it kept me focused on something else instead of how awful I felt
The Last of Us II: I couldn't stop playing until I completed the story. About 12-13 hours a day every day.

I was a game freak in my childhood, when I got my first PS2 gaming console i got FIFA and grand theft auto installed, I would play untill it time for school in the morning and on holiday I play my games until I'm called to come have lunch or dinner and after that I quickly return back to play sometimes alone or with friends.

Longest single amount of time that I spent on a single game/simulator is flight sim, yes flying from point a to be. Flying time was around almost nine hours but the simulator was running for over ten hours as takeoff and taxing time that was taken. 

I have played at least 4 hours or 5 hours as the longest run I have ever taken myself and it was just because I was all less busy.

It's was just one weekend that I managed to do that. The following morning, I never liked how I felt about it because it stressed my body too much.

I'm very comfortable with just playing not more than 2 hours every day. I might even skip a day and wouldn't mind at all. 

On 5/23/2022 at 9:27 AM, m76 said:

It was probably during the LAN party days in the early 2000s. We'd start Friday afternoon, and play until noon Sunday. But it was never a single game, but a variety of games we'd rotate randomly.

If we are talking about the longest playing a single game, I'm not certain how long of a stretch I exactly played them but the best candidates are these:

Carmageddon: completed the campaign the same night I got the game
Half Life: I realized at 4:30 AM that maybe it's time to go to bed
Beyond Two Souls: I played this game when I was really ill, it kept me focused on something else instead of how awful I felt
The Last of Us II: I couldn't stop playing until I completed the story. About 12-13 hours a day every day.

Why do I feel like you are just stating my experiences , I usually have games with friends and we stay up playing all night and through the weekends. That was where I improved my FIFA playing skill, and how I found out I really loved final fantasy. We got this last one we had and we played throughout the day we were off our Summer jobs and decided to have a chill, I miss the good old days mate.

In high school, the longest gaming session I had was 30 hours and that was playing GTA San Andreas and I've never been able to that again. Neither would I want to - I love gaming as much as everyone else but it's healthy to take breaks from gaming throughout the day.

I think I played NASCAR Dirt to Daytona something like 15 hours straight once in '07 except for the fact that some of that time was meal time.  Part of me regrets this, but part of me is happy to have 1,084 NASCAR wins in one game alone. 

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

In high school, the longest gaming session I had was 30 hours and that was playing GTA San Andreas and I've never been able to that again. Neither would I want to - I love gaming as much as everyone else but it's healthy to take breaks from gaming throughout the day.

Wow, that's more than a day stuck with playing the game. For the 30 hours, I believe that you weren't playing alone? 

On 5/23/2022 at 5:39 AM, Clasher said:

I have been playing for several hours only taking breaks for meals or snacks.

Did you not go to bed? How can anyone play for 48 hours continuously. During the lockdown in 2020, I also spent a lot of time in gaming, I played for days and weeks but I did take breaks for food and bathroom and also for night time sleep.

1 hour ago, Jasmin said:

Did you not go to bed? How can anyone play for 48 hours continuously. During the lockdown in 2020, I also spent a lot of time in gaming, I played for days and weeks but I did take breaks for food and bathroom and also for night time sleep.

I had too much spare time, why I stayed up that much was because I was trying complete the story and I didn't even get the urge to sleep. Though I took some break to get food and clean up , I immediately went back to my game as soon as i was done. I would say it was boredom and not been able to go out that took the better of me so I just needed to do something more fun.

Well, to tell you the truth, I cannot imagine anyone spending 48 hours without sleeping. The longest time I have ever spent without sleeping is 26 hours. That was when I was in a music festival.

On 5/25/2022 at 1:17 AM, killamch89 said:

I was also a game freak back in high school but now I can't actually devote that much Amount of time I gave to video games anymore.

I just do the regular 1 to 2 hours streak a day and that's mainly at night.