Register Now
Clasher

longest hours spent on video games?

1 hour ago, Aniekwe said:

Playing on for 12 hours straight would cause a major burnout for you. It would even get to the point where you wouldn't enjoy the game anymore because of overplaying. 

I could see that if it was a frequent thing. If it’s a once in a blue moon situation, I don’t see anything wrong with it.

5 hours ago, Grungie said:

I could see that if it was a frequent thing. If it’s a once in a blue moon situation, I don’t see anything wrong with it.

Yeah mate, some even play longer than 12hours on some days. During the pandemic I did a 36 hours stretch playing video games only taking breaks to answer the phone, take a bath and have breakfast , lunch and dinner. And mind you I wasn't playing just one video game but a variety of them and I didn't feel any bit tired or exhausted. I only slept for some hours after that and I was okay.

2 minutes ago, Clasher said:

Yeah mate, some even play longer than 12hours on some days. During the pandemic I did a 36 hours stretch playing video games only taking breaks to answer the phone, take a bath and have breakfast , lunch and dinner. And mind you I wasn't playing just one video game but a variety of them and I didn't feel any bit tired or exhausted. I only slept for some hours after that and I was okay.

I like my sleep, I couldn’t handle going 36 hours.

Just now, Grungie said:

I like my sleep, I couldn’t handle going 36 hours.

Haha, me too.

But I was not very busy during the pandemic sitting home all day working on my PC and doing all my work from home. So I had enough time to spare and enough time for sleep too , I could remember I just got the persona 5 that day so I started playing it for some hours, then I went to play other games and then came back to persona 5 again.

7 hours ago, Clasher said:

Playing for 36 hours damn!! That's more than a day's play. I'm not sure if I can pull that off without having my eyes about to fall off 😂. The last time I played for 6 hours straight, my eyes started feeling bizarre because of too screen time and I had to get a gaming glasses. 

Edited by Aniekwe

18 hours ago, Clasher said:

My little cousin still plays for a very long time almost everyday once he's done with his class homework and house chores. I can remember waking up around 3 AM and still saw him playing games. I had to switch off everything and force him to go and sleep. 

18 minutes ago, Heatman said:

My little cousin still plays for a very long time almost everyday once he's done with his class homework and house chores. I can remember waking up around 3 AM and still saw him playing games. I had to switch off everything and force him to go and sleep. 

How old is he? Because a child staying up till 3 am in the morning playing video games is not good, if he plays till 10pm that's okay. He needs a lot of sleep at that age, you should try to limit him at times or stop him from playing excessively.

1 hour ago, Clasher said:

How old is he? Because a child staying up till 3 am in the morning playing video games is not good, if he plays till 10pm that's okay. He needs a lot of sleep at that age, you should try to limit him at times or stop him from playing excessively.

He's just 11 years old. I have already drawn up his playing schedule and I'm making sure he sticks by it. I was very shocked the day I found out he sneaks out to play that late at night. For a while now, he's been getting to bed earlier. 

3 minutes ago, Heatman said:

He's just 11 years old. I have already drawn up his playing schedule and I'm making sure he sticks by it. I was very shocked the day I found out he sneaks out to play that late at night. For a while now, he's been getting to bed earlier. 

That's good, well I Know there were times in my earliest days when I started playing videogames  I had such tendencies of sneaking out to play at late hours of the night, but glad I could curtail it and tried my best not to allow it affect my studies back then.

11 hours ago, Clasher said:

That's good, well I Know there were times in my earliest days when I started playing videogames  I had such tendencies of sneaking out to play at late hours of the night, but glad I could curtail it and tried my best not to allow it affect my studies back then.

If he had continued doing that without anyone finding out, I'm sure that it's going to affect him academically and even psychologically too. His addiction will build up a lot faster. 

18 hours ago, Heatman said:

I did that very well when I was still a teenager living with one of my uncle. It got so bad to the point where my uncle decided to lock up the entire gaming system. That stopped me eventually from doing sneaking out to play deep in the night. 

22 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

I did that very well when I was still a teenager living with one of my uncle. It got so bad to the point where my uncle decided to lock up the entire gaming system. That stopped me eventually from doing sneaking out to play deep in the night. 

My little brother still sneaks in his Nintendo Switch Lite with him when going to bed. I'm sure the little guy plays more than 7 hours from 9:00 PM most of us goes to bed. 

3 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

My little brother still sneaks in his Nintendo Switch Lite with him when going to bed. I'm sure the little guy plays more than 7 hours from 9:00 PM most of us goes to bed. 

Having the Nintendo Switch confiscated wouldn't be a hard one to do. It's something that I take and have it in my laptop bag wherever I go and he will learn how do stay and not play with it.