Register Now
Clasher

longest hours spent on video games?

There's a big reason why I don't game for too long, it's because I don't want to end up like some of the past gamers who died from extended periods of gaming. Like that korean dude who gamed for days and ended up dying because of a blood clot or something. We're not meant to sit around for long hours on end, it's not healthy for us. 

So, I've always made a habit of moving around after a couple hours, move my body around, get the blood flowing properly and all that. And on the plus side, I don't have the energy these days to game for super long hours anyway. 

In as much as I love gaming, I can't give too much time to it. Even holding my own device for hours is tiring this days talk more of holding the controller and struggling to walk past AI opponents for long duration. My 20-30 mins game time on average is cool. 

Edited by Justin11

15 hours ago, Kane99 said:

There's a big reason why I don't game for too long, it's because I don't want to end up like some of the past gamers who died from extended periods of gaming. Like that korean dude who gamed for days and ended up dying because of a blood clot or something. We're not meant to sit around for long hours on end, it's not healthy for us. 

So, I've always made a habit of moving around after a couple hours, move my body around, get the blood flowing properly and all that. And on the plus side, I don't have the energy these days to game for super long hours anyway. 

To be very honest with you, I have always had doubts that it was just over playing of video games that got the Korean guy killed. There's definitely something his death is connected to which we are not being told. 

On 6/28/2022 at 4:08 PM, Justin11 said:

I forgot to utilize that feature, I have it on my PS4, which is the 'Games Tab'. I will check it out sooner, such will run a simple scale of hours devoted on each game overall, from there, I can know how many hours spent overall in games I purchased in the last 365 days or lesser. 

It's the way I usually make use of to check which games that I'm playing that are consuming most of my time and it's going to show if I'm getting addicted to one particular game. It's a very good feature on Playstation. 

46 minutes ago, Dannyjax said:

It's the way I usually make use of to check which games that I'm playing that are consuming most of my time and it's going to show if I'm getting addicted to one particular game. It's a very good feature on Playstation. 

Sure, that feature is cool, I almost forgot it, if not that you came and reminded me about it again. That's a perfect way to check the amount of time you spent on each game. 

The way I'm enjoying playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe with its online mode and the features of Balloon battle and Bomb Blast, it's making me give it more hours I used to give. I have been playing since morning for more than 3 hours and I'm done with it for the day. 

On 7/1/2022 at 10:29 AM, Justin11 said:

Sure, that feature is cool, I almost forgot it, if not that you came and reminded me about it again. That's a perfect way to check the amount of time you spent on each game. 

It's the good thing with the generation of console's we play on right now. All these features were hardly on our old gaming systems back in the days. There's no way to know how many hours you spent on play a game on Amiga CD32 or Atari 2600. 

14 minutes ago, Dannyjax said:

It's the good thing with the generation of console's we play on right now. All these features were hardly on our old gaming systems back in the days. There's no way to know how many hours you spent on play a game on Amiga CD32 or Atari 2600. 

Modern consoles are just tremendous, I can't imagine my time playing with the outdated gaming platforms. My aim now is getting to play with PS5, it will take my game higher. 

On 6/30/2022 at 8:08 AM, Heatman said:

To be very honest with you, I have always had doubts that it was just over playing of video games that got the Korean guy killed. There's definitely something his death is connected to which we are not being told. 

Well there is a possibility he had a condition that was made worse by not moving from a singular location for a long time. Our bodies aren't meant to sit idle for that long. We need to move every couple hours at the least I'd say. 

But I think you're right. I think the Korean guy who died from a blood clot, may have had a heart condition or some other condition that was made worse by sitting for too long.

Who knows, maybe sitting and playing for long hours caused the premature death of the Korean guy. That's why it is advised to take some walk off from your comfort, exercise to help relieve the stress and stiff body. 

On 6/29/2022 at 9:50 PM, Kane99 said:

I know siting at a spot is bad and it's good to always stretch for a few minutes, but I am not sure the cause of death of the Korean you made reference to is not only due to playing videogames for hours there might be other medical conditions he may be suffering from before the incident that led to his death.

15 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Well there is a possibility he had a condition that was made worse by not moving from a singular location for a long time. Our bodies aren't meant to sit idle for that long. We need to move every couple hours at the least I'd say. 

But I think you're right. I think the Korean guy who died from a blood clot, may have had a heart condition or some other condition that was made worse by sitting for too long.

Yeah, the reason why I was skeptical to believe it's just sitting and playing games that killed him was that, there's been a situation where some prisoner's who are locked up in small cell for days where they don't move freely and they don't die from blood clot. Unlike the Korean guy who just sat and was playing games. He moves his hands and legs freely not like he was tied down to the gaming chair. 

I'm working half day today, so I'll probably be out of office in the next couple of minutes. Once I get home, it's going to be my games and I. I might go on with it for 5, 6, 7 or more hours till I'm tired. 

11 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

I'm working half day today, so I'll probably be out of office in the next couple of minutes. Once I get home, it's going to be my games and I. I might go on with it for 5, 6, 7 or more hours till I'm tired. 

😂, Don't you have any other things you do aside from gaming after work? Six or more hours is too much for one that just came back from work, that's a simple suggestion mate. 

10 hours ago, Justin11 said:

😂, Don't you have any other things you do aside from gaming after work? Six or more hours is too much for one that just came back from work, that's a simple suggestion mate. 

I later managed playing 4 hours. Something came up and I had to rush out from home. It's all about priorities. If I had nothing serious came up, I would have played more.