Register Now
Icefrost

How many days do you casually stay off gaming?

A friend of mine told me about his favourite spot where he own a cabin and there isn't anything like internet connection there. It seems like a perfect place to visit and disconnect from the world with no games or social media for a few days. 

9 hours ago, Heatman said:

I have done about 3 days off and it was kinda worth it because I felt a bit more refreshed when I got back from my 3 days off. 

There's never a down side to getting more rest. It's one activity that makes me feel a lot better when I'm done with it. 

13 hours ago, Jasmin said:

When I am on vacation, I don't play games even when I have been on vacation for several weeks. I prefer sightseeing instead of sitting at hotel playing games.

Well that's how you like to enjoy your vacation. For me, after the long day of staying at the beach or visiting a new location or some other activities during my vacation, when I return  at night to the hotel room or where I am staying in the course of the vacation I just sit around doing nothing so I just take out my Nintendo switch console and play video games for a few minutes before sleeping.

1 hour ago, Clasher said:

Well that's how you like to enjoy your vacation. For me, after the long day of staying at the beach or visiting a new location or some other activities during my vacation, when I return  at night to the hotel room or where I am staying in the course of the vacation I just sit around doing nothing so I just take out my Nintendo switch console and play video games for a few minutes before sleeping.

Playing games in such situation is a good way to spice up such vacation the way I see it. It's even going to a lot better when you're at it with your best buddy or lover. 

37 minutes ago, Jasmin said:

So, you want to travel, spend hundreds of thousands dollars and still sit at hotel playing game? That is the most amusing think I have heard from anyone.

Like I Said, after am done with the activities of the day and I retire to my hotel room at night, I don't usually fall asleep immediately so I play video games for a few minutes before calling it a day.

8 hours ago, Jasmin said:

So, you want to travel, spend hundreds of thousands dollars and still sit at hotel playing game? That is the most amusing think I have heard from anyone.

During my last vacation to Yellowstone, I had a lot of fun with all the outdoor activities in the national park. It's such a beautiful place to behold. I stayed off gaming for most time in the day but there will always be those in house time when I would have to get into gaming and kill time. I can't remove gaming 100%.

On 6/15/2022 at 2:17 AM, Dannyjax said:

There's never a down side to getting more rest. It's one activity that makes me feel a lot better when I'm done with it. 

As long as I don't have anything to lose when I'm out of playing for a while, I wouldn't worry about it too as it's just the fun I would miss. It's something that I can easily get back whenever I resume playing. 

On 6/15/2022 at 2:00 PM, Clasher said:

Like I Said, after am done with the activities of the day and I retire to my hotel room at night, I don't usually fall asleep immediately so I play video games for a few minutes before calling it a day.

I'm usually due for sleep around 9:00 PM but once it happens that I'm still eyes stark awake after that, it's all going to down to playing games for me till I'm able to dose off. 

9 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

I'm usually due for sleep around 9:00 PM but once it happens that I'm still eyes stark awake after that, it's all going to down to playing games for me till I'm able to dose off. 

I don't even sleep at 9:00pm I stay awake till 12 or 1:00am , it just became an habit because of the nature of my work and now I have gotten so accustomed to it. If I don't have anything to do I play video games till 12:am at least before dosing off to sleep even when I'm on a vacation. Since I'm not meant to work during my vacation I just catch some more fun playing video games.

8 hours ago, HowHammerYou said:

Usually I skip gaming 3-4 days out of the week. That's not counting the 15-30 minutes I spend playing retro games on a handheld during my lunch break at work.

If you're still playing 15-30 minutes every day at your workplace, you're not taking any day off from playing video games by the looks of it. It doesn't mean you have to play for hours before it's considered playing a game in a day. 

18 hours ago, HowHammerYou said:

Usually I skip gaming 3-4 days out of the week. That's not counting the 15-30 minutes I spend playing retro games on a handheld during my lunch break at work.

You're definitely playing every day of the with your 15-30 minutes of gameplay at work. Even if it was just on your mobile phones, it still counts as playing. 

On 6/20/2022 at 12:55 AM, Clasher said:

I don't even sleep at 9:00pm I stay awake till 12 or 1:00am , it just became an habit because of the nature of my work and now I have gotten so accustomed to it. If I don't have anything to do I play video games till 12:am at least before dosing off to sleep even when I'm on a vacation. Since I'm not meant to work during my vacation I just catch some more fun playing video games.

Maybe the last time I could remember ever sleeping around that time would be when I was ill. Outside that, I would be done with most of office work I brought home by 9:00 PM. Adding it playing a little game, it's going to get around past 12.