Register Now
Icefrost

How many days do you casually stay off gaming?

On 6/20/2022 at 1:11 AM, HowHammerYou said:

Usually I skip gaming 3-4 days out of the week. That's not counting the 15-30 minutes I spend playing retro games on a handheld during my lunch break at work.

Going by this, your gaming actively for just 2-3 days I guess. Which handled do you usually play with during your lunch break? 

11 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I tend to fast on from Friday evening to Saturday evening so I don't play any games during that time as fasting saps a lot of my energy. Sometimes, I don't play any games on Saturday at all.

At least 2 of my Muslim friends do exactly the same thing. They try as much as possible to disconnect from most things they do to have more focus to do their fasting well. We used to curse a lot and troll one another when playing. They try to cut that out whenever they are fasting. 

13 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

Going by this, your gaming actively for just 2-3 days I guess. Which handled do you usually play with during your lunch break? 

I have an Anbernic RG350. It can emulate anything up to PS1 at full speed. It's got a 3.5" screen, so it's bigger than most classic handhelds, but still small enough to fit in my pocket easily.

3 minutes ago, HowHammerYou said:

I have an Anbernic RG350. It can emulate anything up to PS1 at full speed. It's got a 3.5" screen, so it's bigger than most classic handhelds, but still small enough to fit in my pocket easily.

Anbernic RG350 looks good. It's just simple and cool like Nintendo Switch Lite. 

f81db7c2-d204-4bb5-ae4f-76a9202b61e3.thumb.jpg.8b383ed2a89c73546af6363b486df2d8.jpg

12 minutes ago, Dannyjax said:

Anbernic RG350 looks good. It's just simple and cool like Nintendo Switch Lite. 

f81db7c2-d204-4bb5-ae4f-76a9202b61e3.thumb.jpg.8b383ed2a89c73546af6363b486df2d8.jpg

This Anbernic RG350 looks very impressive. If I never had Nintendo Switch, I would highly consider getting it. How much is it sold for? 

5 minutes ago, Heatman said:

This Anbernic RG350 looks very impressive. If I never had Nintendo Switch, I would highly consider getting it. How much is it sold for? 

It goes for around $120 right now, but if you shop around, you can find it for $90. If you want better performance, there's an improved model with a better processor called the RG351.

21 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

Maybe the last time I could remember ever sleeping around that time would be when I was ill. Outside that, I would be done with most of office work I brought home by 9:00 PM. Adding it playing a little game, it's going to get around past 12. 

I stay up that late because of several reasons and work is top on the list. I am a night crawler and assimilate better with the calmness of the night. When I get too bored and need a breather I just play video games for a few minutes and I'm off to bed at about 1:00am.  That's just my routine.

Most of the time, electricity comes in my locality at the midnight. So, it helps me to stay comfortable at nights, and early in the morning playing my favourite games. Secondly, in the night, I find more time than the day playing video games and having all sorts of entertainment. 

22 hours ago, Heatman said:

It's sold around $90 to $100 depending on the place you're buying from. I think that I have seen it on ebay one time for $80. 

12 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Due to excessive tiredness 24 hours ago, I couldn't remember to play video games for the first time, in over three months. I wasn't myself yesterday, some days are like that, but it doesn't happen often. 

A day off or even more days off isn't going to do you any harm. If I ever felt too challenged with health issues or stress, I would give myself a good long break. 

3 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

A day off or even more days off isn't going to do you any harm. If I ever felt too challenged with health issues or stress, I would give myself a good long break. 

Correct, I've learned to take care of my body before anything. I wouldn't allow video games or entertainment to ruin my health for me. When I am at the moment for games I'll have them. 

On 6/22/2022 at 9:45 PM, killamch89 said:

I tend to fast on from Friday evening to Saturday evening so I don't play any games during that time as fasting saps a lot of my energy. Sometimes, I don't play any games on Saturday at all.

I can't remember the last time I fasted but just like you do, whenever I fasted back then, it's always 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM. It wears me out so much that thinking about playing games was the least thing that bothered me. 

On 6/24/2022 at 1:06 PM, Justin11 said:

Correct, I've learned to take care of my body before anything. I wouldn't allow video games or entertainment to ruin my health for me. When I am at the moment for games I'll have them. 

Your good health should come first always. When you break down, the games will be there waiting for you without going anywhere. So, first things comes first and then the games can come in.