Register Now
Maxi

At what stage would you consider it an addiction?

1 hour ago, Jasmin said:

A lot of people associate addiction as the time spend on game, but for me it is not the time spent, it is the urge, for example, you don't want to go to sleep even it is 2 AM, it is surely an addiction.

The urge actually work on the time you spend on the said game. The urge to play would never allow you to stop playing. It's why some play for 5 hours without even knowing. 

13 hours ago, Heatman said:

I came across this video of a 12 year old aggressively addicted to gaming. It feels really sad. 

This is so sad and heartbreaking to watch. I couldn't even watch it to the end. 

10 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

This is so sad and heartbreaking to watch. I couldn't even watch it to the end. 

I felt bad for the boy and not his parents because they were the one's that allowed him get to that point. How can a parent be watching their kids go off rails like that and did stop it on time? 

23 hours ago, Heatman said:

The urge actually work on the time you spend on the said game. The urge to play would never allow you to stop playing. It's why some play for 5 hours without even knowing. 

You play 5 hours straight, or even 10-12 hours because you have that urge to continue. All kind of addiction is related to the urge, including drugs and alcohol.

48 minutes ago, Jasmin said:

You play 5 hours straight, or even 10-12 hours because you have that urge to continue. All kind of addiction is related to the urge, including drugs and alcohol.

I think that we are both saying the same thing here unless there's something I'm not understanding well from your point of view. 

12 hours ago, Heatman said:

I felt bad for the boy and not his parents because they were the one's that allowed him get to that point. How can a parent be watching their kids go off rails like that and did stop it on time? 

I think that the parents doesn't deserve to still be in custody of that kid. He should be taken away from them. 

On 6/5/2022 at 9:28 AM, Heatman said:

I came across this video of a 12 year old aggressively addicted to gaming. It feels really sad. 

This is so bad and very annoying to watch. What's wrong with some parents these days? Some of them are not really worth being a parent at all. How can they let this happen to this young lad? 

On 6/6/2022 at 9:01 PM, Heatman said:

I think that we are both saying the same thing here unless there's something I'm not understanding well from your point of view. 

We are trying to say more or less the same time. I have been replying to these posts because you have been quoting my posts.

18 hours ago, Justin11 said:

The parents of the kid were petting him before it went out of hand. When you see something abnormal as a parent you try your best to caution it, so it wouldn't go out of hand. 

They feed him the poison that's killing the boy slowly because if something drastic isn't done to correct what's happening with the boy, he's long gone. 

Mine was when I kept telling myself I should be spending time gaming instead of watching TV or whatever else I was doing. It became more of a chore then playing for fun. Thankfully that was about 10 years ago.

Edited by Terry94

3 minutes ago, Terry94 said:

Mine was when I kept telling myself I should be spending time gaming instead of watching TV or whatever else I was doing. It became more of a chore then playing for fun. Thankfully that was about 10 years ago.

Beating an addiction isn't a cakewalk. A lot of people have tried and failed at it. You're strong to be able and beat yours at the time. 

11 hours ago, Terry94 said:

I had a beating of my life from my mother the very day I forgot to what she asked me to do all because I was playing games. It practically unhooked my deep connection to games. I still feel the pains of her beating today 😂 

14 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

They feed him the poison that's killing the boy slowly because if something drastic isn't done to correct what's happening with the boy, he's long gone. 

Lol, the parents are the ones to be blamed if any wrong thing happens to their kid. One a child is growing you need to regulate his or her appetite for a particular stuff, obsession is abnormal, the boy is just obsessed with video games. 

2 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Lol, the parents are the ones to be blamed if any wrong thing happens to their kid. One a child is growing you need to regulate his or her appetite for a particular stuff, obsession is abnormal, the boy is just obsessed with video games. 

I have this feeling that some of them aren't ready to parents because the easy part is giving birth but training the kid is the most challenging part.