Register Now
Maxi

At what stage would you consider it an addiction?

Just now, Aniekwe said:

I have this feeling that some of them aren't ready to parents because the easy part is giving birth but training the kid is the most challenging part. 

That's weird indeed, parents needs to take care of their kids and not exposing them to addiction of any kind. I hate it when children go weird or obsessed on a particular thing at an early age. 

What I don't understand is why everyone realizes there is an addiction problem and sees a parent trying to get help needed, but when the WHO labels 'gaming disorder' a disease on another thread then you have the urge to resist it when the problem is being recognized and being made aware of on a global scale. 

I could remember vividly when I was still about 13 or 15 years old, I usually sneaked out of my house to go play video games with my friends, I was scolded several times and even grounded for several days or weeks for this but I still found a way to go out every day and sometimes coming back home really late. I feel that was the time I was really addicted to video games, I don't sacrifice that much for the passion anymore but I still play videogames anyways.

14 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Lol, the parents are the ones to be blamed if any wrong thing happens to their kid. One a child is growing you need to regulate his or her appetite for a particular stuff, obsession is abnormal, the boy is just obsessed with video games. 

I still feel sad seeing how they have practically ruined the boy's life without knowing it very well. It's going to take a lot of therapy to set him straight. 

39 minutes ago, Dannyjax said:

I still feel sad seeing how they have practically ruined the boy's life without knowing it very well. It's going to take a lot of therapy to set him straight. 

He just need to undergo sober and hopefully he'll be revived. It isn't possible to rehabilitate the kid without taking him to sober. 

On 6/6/2022 at 10:45 PM, Dannyjax said:

I think that the parents doesn't deserve to still be in custody of that kid. He should be taken away from them. 

I completely agree with you on this one because they are the one's that put him in such state. If you can't take care of a kid both physically, mentally and emotionally, you don't deserve to have such a kid in your custody. 

2 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

Haha, that's a good addiction then 😂. Once the money factor is in it, it makes it all better. 

No many gamers get that opportunity to earn money from their games. Not even those play to earn video games are coming forth. 

I tried Play 2 Earn mobile games earlier, the reward system points curation is too weak. You wouldn't earn reasonable amount of points/credit upon your time devotion. I quitted the games because such time wasting on those games doesn't worth it. 

I'd call it an addiction if it's become detrimental to you, and you also start having something like a withdrawal symptoms and anxiety when you're not playing. Basically if you're letting it control your life.

4 hours ago, Grungie said:

I'd call it an addiction if it's become detrimental to you, and you also start having something like a withdrawal symptoms and anxiety when you're not playing. Basically if you're letting it control your life.

It would feel like you're missing something that your life is tied to and that can be very dangerous. It's what my friend suffered from when he was trying stop vaping. 

11 hours ago, Grungie said:

It's never easy trying to get out of such withdrawal phase. It's why a lot of people who are addicted are struggling so much.