Register Now
Maxi

Would you prefer YouTube or Twitch for streaming?

YouTube have been with us since 2005 and those gamers that got into streaming since then have explored and exploited the channel to its very best.

YouTube is arguably the most popular online video sharing and social media platform. Some people tip it to being the very best amongst its competitors.

Twitch on the other hand came into the business in 2011. The company tried to specialize their services to video games live streaming, broadcasts of esports competition etc.

If you are to choose between YouTube and Twitch for your video games streaming, which one would it be?

YouTube is all I have known my whole life as far as videos sharing or streaming channels comes into question.

The interface of the social media platform is something that I managed to very familiar with and using it has been very easy for me.

It feels as if it was built for me, I know that sounds selfish but it's how I feel towards it.

I have heard so much about Twitch but it haven't gotten to the point of being interesting to me for now. I'm very comfortable with YouTube. 

I would certainly pick YouTube though it consumes a lot of data but I'm still going to use that data on something else anyway. Though at the moment I don't really go on YouTube Except I'm trying to get information about something or learn something new.

YouTube wasn't always a place for streaming, but as the years go on and YouTube have changed to the point that they now offer that. If you stream one of the top row games of all platforms (Fortnite, LoL, etc.) there is no reason you shouldn't be on YouTube. There are a thousand different videos on YT to tell you why so I won't. I mean differnt platform and differnt kind of traffic and people to expect.

Twitch is streaming and what ever taffic you get they stick, YouTube doesn't just stick but they offer to all platforms 

6 hours ago, Empire said:

YouTube wasn't always a place for streaming, but as the years go on and YouTube have changed to the point that they now offer that. If you stream one of the top row games of all platforms (Fortnite, LoL, etc.) there is no reason you shouldn't be on YouTube. There are a thousand different videos on YT to tell you why so I won't. I mean differnt platform and differnt kind of traffic and people to expect.

Twitch is streaming and what ever taffic you get they stick, YouTube doesn't just stick but they offer to all platforms 

I share this same opinion, YouTube has advanced more over the years offering really cool features like sharing short clips and making your own story just like you find on social media platform like Instagram. It really cool streaming movies or video game via YouTube.

On 5/30/2022 at 4:56 AM, Jasmin said:

I would prefer Streaming on Facebook because I can earn through multiple ways, such as ads, gifts, merch selling, sponsorship, etc. On youtube you don't have gift option,

Gift option? I don't really know what that means. For me, making money from streaming isn't my first objective. It's being heard and making a name for myself. 

I have used both of them and I think that for the purpose of gaming only, Twitch is better than YouTube. Specialization makes you an authority in your field and it's exactly what puts Twitch ahead in this one. 

On 5/30/2022 at 12:21 PM, Empire said:

This is exactly why I have been with YouTube till now and I'm not planning on jumping ship till I have enough reasons to do so. Twitch is good no doubt but it's not yet there for me. 

On 5/30/2022 at 12:21 PM, Empire said:

All opinions that I have heard on both YouTube and Twitch have good points to support each of them. It's all about choosing what works for you is the way it see it now. 

7 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

I have used both of them and I think that for the purpose of gaming only, Twitch is better than YouTube. Specialization makes you an authority in your field and it's exactly what puts Twitch ahead in this one. 

But seriously, the kind of money streamers are making from Twitch is unbelievable that even if you never wanted to recognise them, you would be forced to after seeing the figures. 

I don't use twitch, all my life have been around YouTube. Even if I have a twitch account, I still don't feel at home there, I haven't visited twitch over a year now. But with YouTube, I visit regularly, it is my second home after google xD. 

20 hours ago, Heatman said:

But seriously, the kind of money streamers are making from Twitch is unbelievable that even if you never wanted to recognise them, you would be forced to after seeing the figures. 

The effort those streamers put in their work over the years they have built their profile is what makes it easier for them to make such amount of money. Getting to that level isn't easy. 

On 6/1/2022 at 3:05 AM, Dannyjax said:

Gift option? I don't really know what that means. For me, making money from streaming isn't my first objective. It's being heard and making a name for myself. 

Facebook allows users to give starts to their favorite content creators, which can be converted to fiat money. However, enabling starts is not available in every location.