Register Now
Maxi

Would you prefer YouTube or Twitch for streaming?

PayPal account limitation are too weird, just a single mistake, or no mistake can get your account limited especially when your country isn't approved in using PayPal and you went ahead and bypass the protocol. At least with twitch or YouTube, you can enjoy your time pushing lots of video contents, only getting penalized when their is too many negative reports. 

2 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Also, streaming on YouTube is more of a recent thing. YouTube didn't have streaming until, maybe the last 5 years or so. I may be off, but Twitch was doing streaming before YouTube if I'm not mistaken. 

I'm pretty sure you're right on that. So, if you're wrong, we're both wrong.

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

They probably just decided to screw you guys over because they know that there's nothing you people can do about it. It's just like what PayPal does with limiting users account. 

That's possible. When it happened, it didn't take long to find an article about another Twitch account being mystery banned. 

1 minute ago, harleyqbx said:

I'm pretty sure you're right on that. So, if you're wrong, we're both wrong.

YouTube started as a service to upload content. I believe Justin.tv (Twitch before their name change) starting streaming first, and then YouTube jumped on. But I remember it taking a long time, maybe when Twitch became a thing. 

13 hours ago, Kane99 said:

YouTube started as a service to upload content. I believe Justin.tv (Twitch before their name change) starting streaming first, and then YouTube jumped on. But I remember it taking a long time, maybe when Twitch became a thing. 

It's why it Twitch seem be more powerful in streaming because that's the foundation with which they started. YouTube had to join in order not to be taken out of business completely by Twitch competition. 

16 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah. YouTube probably saw they were losing audience that wanted to see live entertainment to Twitch, and decided to get in before too much damage was done. I wonder what's going to be the next big thing that's going to make both YouTube and Twitch change in order to compete. I'm all for competition amongst the tech companies. I'm pretty anti-monopoly. It stifles innovation.

I mean hell, YouTube didn't have a clip option until recently. Twitch has had one for years, while YouTube seems to just be starting on it. Hell I took a clip from a video weeks ago, and YouTube outright deleted it on me. You don't usually see that happen on Twitch. 

2 hours ago, harleyqbx said:

Yeah. YouTube probably saw they were losing audience that wanted to see live entertainment to Twitch, and decided to get in before too much damage was done. I wonder what's going to be the next big thing that's going to make both YouTube and Twitch change in order to compete. I'm all for competition amongst the tech companies. I'm pretty anti-monopoly. It stifles innovation.

They've been losing an audience for a long time now. Creators are having to adapt to the changes, or get out, and a lot of my favorite YouTubers don't make the content they used to because of all the changes. I think YouTube is a dying place sadly. It's not popular when it comes to game streaming, and I don't think it'll ever catch up to Twitch. 

23 hours ago, harleyqbx said:

That's possible. When it happened, it didn't take long to find an article about another Twitch account being mystery banned. 

Yes of course, there's always a possibility that what happened to you guys wasn't the first time it's happened. It's just that you people aren't aware such thing already happened in the past. 

On 6/27/2022 at 9:44 PM, Kane99 said:

Twitch is by far the better streaming platform between the two. YouTube is eh, it's not great. 

Also, streaming on YouTube is more of a recent thing. YouTube didn't have streaming until, maybe the last 5 years or so. I may be off, but Twitch was doing streaming before YouTube if I'm not mistaken. 

You're certainly correct with that assessment. YouTube played the catch up game with Twitch on making use of streaming services. I think that it's why Twitch is more strong in that field now. 

On 6/28/2022 at 4:58 PM, harleyqbx said:

The competition between the two companies will make them to never slack in their services, otherwise they will lose their audience to their rival. Competition is always good for business and it favors the customers or users of such services more. 

On 6/28/2022 at 4:58 PM, harleyqbx said:

It's good that both YouTube and Twitch are keeping each other on their toes with the kind of competition they bring into the industry. It's the only way they will keep giving their users their very best services, otherwise we would see some of the things we witness with some gaming companies that have monopoly over a game's franchise (EA in FIFA). 

On 6/27/2022 at 9:44 PM, Kane99 said:

Twitch is by far the better streaming platform between the two. YouTube is eh, it's not great. 

In as much as what you said about twitch been a more better platform for streaming I am still very much comfortable viewing streams on YouTube than twitch. I only started using twitch some months ago.

YouTube got huge user base, I don't think twitch is better. I feel settled around YouTube, I wouldn't go over to twitch anytime soon. I have an ongoing project I'm doing on YouTube, I just want to grow my channel there and not having dual thoughts. 

11 hours ago, Clasher said:

In as much as what you said about twitch been a more better platform for streaming I am still very much comfortable viewing streams on YouTube than twitch. I only started using twitch some months ago.

It's basically a very normal thing to happen when you're looking at using what you're more familiar with. It's just the case here for most people with YouTube and Twitch. Most users will always pick what they are used to over what's still new to them. 

14 hours ago, Justin11 said:

YouTube got huge user base, I don't think twitch is better. I feel settled around YouTube, I wouldn't go over to twitch anytime soon. I have an ongoing project I'm doing on YouTube, I just want to grow my channel there and not having dual thoughts. 

It will be difficult for you to dump YouTube for Twitch since it's where you started your project on and it's where you have more background knowledge and strong foundation. Before you can be able to appreciate Twitch would be when you give it more time of usage like you have given to YouTube. 

Because of my obsession with RDR2 , the last of us and call of duty which is what prompted me to open a twitch account as I heard from folks that they got really good video gamers streaming their gameplay on the platform, aside these i have always been using YouTube for all my video games streaming activities.