Register Now
Dannyjax

Have your online gaming account been hacked?

Online games is something that's been growing like a wild fire for years now.

Currently, it's expected that there should be more than two billion online gamers and that figure is expected to grow by 2023 with more online games that's been released.

The growth of this gaming sector comes with its challenges as well and one of them is account hack. There are lots of bad eggs out there that wouldn't want to develop and grow their own accounts but scheme their way into hacking and destroying another's hard work over years of playing.

Have you ever suffered an account hack before? If yes, how were you able to recover your account? 

I have had my own steam account got hacked many years ago. Who then got into my PubG account game and got me banned and VAC added to my account. Long story short links going around from other accounts and I ended up pooping it and then BANG, I lost my account. Taken three days to get my account back. With steam support. Then after I got my account back I had to then get in contact with PubG support and passed the information over to them with so that they can lift the VAC ban. 

End of the day I got my account back and no VAC 🙂 

Twice. The first time being in World of Warcraft; my partner at the time had to phone customer service to get it back, bless her, and I'd sold all my characters' ill-gotten gains from botting to a vendor. I wasn't about to contribute to the botting problem by profiting on it on the Auction House. I've yet to receive my halo for that one.

The second time was my BethesdaNet account. Zero means of getting back into it, even to cancel it. Honestly, I pity the person who stole it because they wasted their time robbing me of Fallout 76. Thanks a bunch.

That would be so awful, but I could call my self lucky as non of my gaming or even social media and any other account been hacked before. Though my game catherage for my Game boy was stolen when I was young, and also my memory storage where I installed most of my PS2 games. I haven't lost any game since then neither have I been hacked.

Not at all, I use secured password for my online accounts especially on Fortnite, I just don't want such easy compromisation of my account. Even if their is nothing much there, maybe they can use it for benefits unknown to me. 

On 5/25/2022 at 1:28 PM, Withywarlock said:

Twice. The first time being in World of Warcraft; my partner at the time had to phone customer service to get it back, bless her, and I'd sold all my characters' ill-gotten gains from botting to a vendor. I wasn't about to contribute to the botting problem by profiting on it on the Auction House. I've yet to receive my halo for that one.

The second time was my BethesdaNet account. Zero means of getting back into it, even to cancel it. Honestly, I pity the person who stole it because they wasted their time robbing me of Fallout 76. Thanks a bunch.

I call them evil in human nature because all they live for is causing others pains. I can imagine the frustration that would have caused you as there was no means of getting the account back. 

On 5/25/2022 at 12:13 PM, Empire said:

I have had my own steam account got hacked many years ago. Who then got into my PubG account game and got me banned and VAC added to my account. Long story short links going around from other accounts and I ended up pooping it and then BANG, I lost my account. Taken three days to get my account back. With steam support. Then after I got my account back I had to then get in contact with PubG support and passed the information over to them with so that they can lift the VAC ban. 

End of the day I got my account back and no VAC 🙂 

This is why I would never click any unknown link I get online. I get a lot of them in my mail but I'm the last being that's going to fall for their trick. 

On 5/24/2022 at 10:48 PM, killamch89 said:

I haven't had any of my gaming accounts hacked before but I'd think that getting in touch with the publisher and providing evidence of ownership of the account should suffice.

Doing that works very well. I have at least 2 of my friends that used the support channel to get their accounts back but the hacker have messed up their resources. 

On 5/28/2022 at 10:52 AM, Aniekwe said:

Doing that works very well. I have at least 2 of my friends that used the support channel to get their accounts back but the hacker have messed up their resources. 

That could be so annoying, having all or most of your data deleted or swapped for something else. That happened to a friend of mine whose Facebook account was hacked half of the pictures and data or files he ever posted on Facebook were deleted along side his friends list and other data. So devasting!

On 5/30/2022 at 4:48 AM, Jasmin said:

Well, this has never happened to me. I always secure my account with strong password. I also never log into my account through someone else's devices.

Your accounts can be hacked even without your having to login into it using another person's device. If clicking on links that are designed give hacks access to your account, it's getting hacked. 

12 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

Your accounts can be hacked even without your having to login into it using another person's device. If clicking on links that are designed give hacks access to your account, it's getting hacked. 

This is why I don't click on any link sent to me or that I found on any website because I am not sure which off of my account the link will have compromised. 

Nope, my online gaming account have never been hacked because I'm always sure to prevent all possible means that would be made possible. It's only my Facebook that was hacked some years back but I still managed to recover it.