Register Now
Dannyjax

Which tournaments can I join to make money playing Fortnite and other Battle Royale Games?

I'm looking for ways to completely maximize my gaming time into a money making adventure. Even if I don't get to win, it would be a good experience for me to know exactly where I need to improve and get better at wining.

I was recently informed about a tournament called Fortnite Dream Hack where you get the opportunity to compete for $250k prize money.

For the first position in US gets $13,500, Europe gets $23, 000 and even down to the 50th placed player gets to win at least $400.

I'm still looking for more options to explore, so if you have any kindly share them wit me. Thank you in advance. 

4 minutes ago, Dannyjax said:

I'm looking for ways to completely maximize my gaming time into a money making adventure. Even if I don't get to win, it would be a good experience for me to know exactly where I need to improve and get better at wining.

I was recently informed about a tournament called Fortnite Dream Hack where you get the opportunity to compete for $250k prize money.

For the first position in US gets $13,500, Europe gets $23, 000 and even down to the 50th placed player gets to win at least $400.

I'm still looking for more options to explore, so if you have any kindly share them wit me. Thank you in advance. 

This first thing I have been able to find out is the the Fortnite Dreamhack Tournament appears to have expired, so I'm afraid that's out.

The second thing is I'd advise caution. Legitimate tournaments do often expect players to pay to be a part of the professional associations to pay for tournaments making it very easy to be scammed. I'd never discourage anyone from perusing esports if they're serious about it, but with all due respect the way you have worded you post tells me that you haven't given this much thought. Sometime game companies might host open competitions like Dreamhack, but most of them are made for professionals with capital to invest into thier career either from themselves or from investors and sponsors, and it takes being the absolute best players with a proven record to get there.

By all means , keep an eye out for tournaments like Dreamhack in the future and even share them with VGR when you learn about them, but be carful out there.

Just because you play games does not mean you will be eligible to participate in the tournaments. In most cases, you need to be a member of professional team. Fortnite organizes an annual tournament called Fortnite World Cup

I don't keep to information around gaming tournaments, let alone connecting to Fortnite's dreamhack tournament. I've only engaged in local hosted gaming tournaments, I didn't win because majority was around racing, and other form of companion gaming, double player fighting games like 'Mortal Kombat. Just as Shagger said, keep a close attention to tournaments like the one you mentioned around Fortnite, make inquires before going into any of them to avoid making the mistake. 

On 5/24/2022 at 11:13 PM, Shagger said:

This first thing I have been able to find out is the the Fortnite Dreamhack Tournament appears to have expired, so I'm afraid that's out.

The second thing is I'd advise caution. Legitimate tournaments do often expect players to pay to be a part of the professional associations to pay for tournaments making it very easy to be scammed. I'd never discourage anyone from perusing esports if they're serious about it, but with all due respect the way you have worded you post tells me that you haven't given this much thought. Sometime game companies might host open competitions like Dreamhack, but most of them are made for professionals with capital to invest into thier career either from themselves or from investors and sponsors, and it takes being the absolute best players with a proven record to get there.

By all means , keep an eye out for tournaments like Dreamhack in the future and even share them with VGR when you learn about them, but be carful out there.

Thanks man. It's a decision that I have made and I'm willing to see it out. On tournaments like Dream Hack, I'm not going to stop till I get something like it and will make sure to update VGR when I do. 

On 6/2/2022 at 11:54 AM, Boblee said:

I have never considered joining any of such tournaments and it's because I'm very sure that I wouldn't have enough time to give it my best. You can check out this article on video games tournaments and see the one you like. 

I took time and went through all the options that were discussed in the article and even found out that GamerSaloon was amongst them. Although, I noticed that all of them have almost the same games in their tournaments. 

Most of the tournaments have entry fee. While entry fee is not much, you need to be ready to spend a lot of money if you are entering a lot of tournaments and never winning any cash prices.

Have heard about tournaments where you win a prize for been the best player , like the online Chess game competition that was hosted in my region a few months ago and prizes were given to the top three positions. I don't know much about other competition since it has never crossed my mind to make any inquiries about them. I just play video games for fun not really looking out to earn money from it.

2 hours ago, Jasmin said:

Most of the tournaments have entry fee. While entry fee is not much, you need to be ready to spend a lot of money if you are entering a lot of tournaments and never winning any cash prices.

You don't need to enter all of them at once, it's going to be too much for you to catch up on them. It's even going to stress you out over the limit. 

On 6/2/2022 at 11:54 AM, Boblee said:

I have never considered joining any of such tournaments and it's because I'm very sure that I wouldn't have enough time to give it my best. You can check out this article on video games tournaments and see the one you like. 

There isn't any of them with a big winner prize. I'm not sure if I would waste my time on tournaments where it's only $300 I can win. 

10 hours ago, Boblee said:

You don't need to enter all of them at once, it's going to be too much for you to catch up on them. It's even going to stress you out over the limit. 

If you are entering the tournaments for the same game, I think you should enter as many as you can, provided you have time to dedicate to gaming and money to enter. You have higher chances of winning if you play a lot of tournaments.

15 hours ago, Jasmin said:

If you are entering the tournaments for the same game, I think you should enter as many as you can, provided you have time to dedicate to gaming and money to enter. You have higher chances of winning if you play a lot of tournaments.

I don't think that over carrying with the tournament is going to help your course. You will be drawn to all of them at once and you will eventually end up losing your focus. 

On 6/3/2022 at 11:21 PM, Dannyjax said:

There isn't any of them with a big winner prize. I'm not sure if I would waste my time on tournaments where it's only $300 I can win. 

That's the only challenge with the tournaments they have to offer. But I would say, instead of not playing any, you can join any of them and kill time with it while you wait for a better paying one to come up.