Register Now
Dannyjax

How can Twitch Streamers earn so much?

Two of my friends have sworn that they would do everything it takes to be popular steamers and if possible find their way into the payroll of Twitch.

I got curious about their determination with this and went further into research in order to know what streamers on Twitch earns and I was shocked to see a streamer called PewDiePie who earns $40 million dollars.

How's it possible for them to be paid that amount to money? 

Below is the chart of highest paid streamers on Twitch in 2022. image-11-768x589.png.9f73468f82b872ed0ca72ac951667f5b.png

Edited by Dannyjax

What it all come down to is how popular you and your Twitch channel is. To make the absurd amount of money PewDiePie or Ninja does, you have to be at a level of populatiy that's pretty much A-list celebrity territory.

When Twitch streamers get to a certain point in popularity, the amount of traffic the bring to the twitch website can be immense, generating a ton of revenue for both themselves and Twitch through adds. Popularity also brings in more subscribers, donators and sometimes sponsors as well. It's a classic "the rich get richer" scenario. However, forget about making millions, just earning enough through streaming to earn a living is incredibly rare and very few people even get that far. To get to that point requires working hard at it and being decimated and committed, something that's difficult to do before your earning enough money to actually stream full time without another job, so it's not easy. Not to mention this does require a certain amount of luck as well. People can work twice as hard on thier Twitch channel as Ninja or PewDiePie and earn nothing. It's not fair, but it's what it is.

Ninja was a little bit different because he's a successful pro-gamer, so he was able to jump right into it and be as popular as he is almost right away, but PewDiePie has been doing YouTube and Twitch for a long time and built this up from nothing. So I don't actually grudge him his success, but I still reserve the right to be homicidally jealous.

It's a good thing for your friends to desire to be rich like those highest paid streamers on Twitch.

It's also not all about them swearing to do it but do they have the determination and persistent to see it through? I think that's the right question they need to answer for themselves before taking any step towards their aim.

Having that kind of success isn't something you achieve overnight, it's something that's going to take your blood and sweat for years before you get to that level.

9 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

PewDiePie

I don't think PewDiePie is a streamer on Twitch. He is a content creator on Youtube. The earnings of streamers on Twitch is based on the  number of followers, broadcast hours, selling merch, sponsorship, etc.

Most of those people been in the game for a very very long time, they been at it since the very ealy does of twitch streaming and not to mention that they just do not stick with twitch but YouTube and other networks also to help them grow. Now there names means something to everyone.

Nowdays there are far more streamers more then before to the point that they can be more streamers then viewers you know. When it comes to it, you think about your viewers numbers tha tare wavhing you right now, even it's 0 you speak if you have 500K 

Lol, how come i've never heard of these people listed in the original bar Ninja and Pewdiepie, even then i probably only would reconize Pewdiepie meanly because of the south park episode. Fuck i'm getting old because what's the fun in watching somebody play videogames anyway, when you can just play them yourself, guess i'll never understand.

Don't get me wrong if i would want to watch somebody playing videogames, i would want to have them a strong personality and being a natural at entertaining a crowd, not too many people have that ability, yep i don't either. Despite what people think being a streamer is probably a stressfull job, you have to be consistent in your streams, you have to watch what you say because one bad or misplaced word and it could be all over.

Needless to say It will probably take you years of commitment to reach that level and that's probably to just to make a living, i think everybody who earns money on twitch and/or youtube for them it started out as a hobby as I don't even think making a living was on their mind when they started out.

I'm i jaleous if somebody earns money trough twitch or by playing videogames, no because trust me it's not going to last forever aswell.

Edited by Yaramaki

On 5/26/2022 at 10:18 AM, Aniekwe said:

The more I look at the figures being earned here on the chart, more angry and pained I get but there's nothing I or anyone else can do about it. Let them enjoy their effort because it's not easy by the looks of it. 

Don't get yourself to worked over other people's success. It's the blood and sweat. Believe me, them getting to such heights isn't an easy job. Many people failed at it. 

On 5/25/2022 at 2:14 PM, Yaramaki said:

I'm i jaleous if somebody earns money trough twitch or by playing videogames, no because trust me it's not going to last forever aswell.

Why do you think that it's not something that's going to last forever or at least for a considerable long period of time? 

5 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

Why do you think that it's not something that's going to last forever or at least for a considerable long period of time? 

Nothing last forever, who knows how long twitch will be around, for all we know something new comes around the corner and makes twitch irrelevant?

People change and also their interests, a twitch streamer may have a big audience now but as those people get older their interest may change and they move on to something else. I also doubt many younger people would want to watch a middle aged dude/woman playing videogames but maybe i am in the wrong on this one. 

Like i said before i've never seen the appeal to watch somebody play videogames when i can play them myself.

32 minutes ago, Yaramaki said:

Nothing last forever, who knows how long twitch will be around, for all we know something new comes around the corner and makes twitch irrelevant?

People change and also their interests, a twitch streamer may have a big audience now but as those people get older their interest may change and they move on to something else. I also doubt many younger people would want to watch a middle aged dude/woman playing videogames but maybe i am in the wrong on this one. 

Like i said before i've never seen the appeal to watch somebody play videogames when i can play them myself.

You may be right but then again wrong at the same time. The company might even get bigger and the same thing can be said about the fans that takes up gaming. In my opinion, it's more likely to get bigger. 

On 5/28/2022 at 4:14 PM, Yaramaki said:

If people can make money from it and take care of their families and responsibilities, I wouldn't want it to end because I stand to gain nothing from it. Yes, the money they are making it too much but that's how the industry is set up.