Register Now
Clasher

Would you take up video Gaming as a professional job?

I have been a video going lover from as long as I can remember, from my earliest gaming console like game boy pocket version and my first PS2 I have been playing videogames ever since.

Though I haven't really earned much from playing video games I have spent hundreds of dollars on video gaming consoles, gaming accessories and video game purchase. I like to play video games and I wouldn't mind taking it up as a professional job maybe as a video game tester or something of that sort and get paid for the job, though such are quite hard to come by.

Would you take up video gaming as a professional job if you are given the chance to do so?

No. It would suck the fun out of it.

Based on what I've researched, being a a video game tester is some seriously tedious stuff. You control a character, make the character turn around, face every direction, preform every solo action like bring out a weapon, attack, use items etc for every one of those directions, have the character duck, do all the that again, have the character move one pixel, rinse and repeat for that entire room.

Imagining what it would be like trying to actually play the game after doing that, even if it were a great for me, it just wouldn't be the same. It would be like PTSD.

26 minutes ago, Shagger said:

Based on what I've researched, being a a video game tester is some seriously tedious stuff. You control a character, make the character turn around, face every direction, preform every solo action like bring out a weapon, attack, use items etc for every one of those directions, have the character duck, do all the that again, have the character move one pixel, rinse and repeat for that entire room.

Imagining what it would be like trying to actually play the game after doing that, even if it were a great for me, it just wouldn't be the same. It would be like PTSD.

LMAO, your last statement is so hilarious "PTSD" . Well, there are people out there doing more tedious work,I like to play games and having to experience a game first-hand before it even get released is mind-blowing, though I Know it can be tedious maybe that's among the reasons you are paid well for the task.

1 hour ago, Shagger said:

I think we had a discussion like this a few years back and most people came to the same conclusion that it'd make gaming more stressful and after a while you'll suffer burnout and lose the passion for gaming.

I have no desire to become a pro gamer or take gaming as a vocation. However, I have a desire to monetize my gaming activities by creating game related content (blog posts, videos), I have also a desire to stream game and make money.

What @Jasmin is feasible for me. I don't have the skill yo drag the attention of eSports teams to contact me to manage their virtual team especially around soccer. Their are others far ahead of me. So, I'll stick to building a gaming community or blog, create podcasts about games, stream via YouTube etc. 

On 6/2/2022 at 11:48 AM, Boblee said:

What my decisions will base on would be how much I'm being paid for the job. If it's something that's capable of setting me up easily, I'm going to take it up. 

How much would you be looking at for you to consider it a reasonable pay that would get you into accepting such job offer? 

On 6/2/2022 at 6:04 PM, Head_Hunter said:

What @Jasmin is feasible for me. I don't have the skill yo drag the attention of eSports teams to contact me to manage their virtual team especially around soccer. Their are others far ahead of me. So, I'll stick to building a gaming community or blog, create podcasts about games, stream via YouTube etc. 

There are numerous ways to make money from game, you don't always have to participate on tournaments. If you are trying to stream, try Twitch instead of Youtube.

6 hours ago, Heatman said:

How much would you be looking at for you to consider it a reasonable pay that would get you into accepting such job offer? 

I'm very sure that anything from $5000 on monthly basis would be a very good pay for me. I'd take the offer without any delay. 

6 hours ago, Jasmin said:

There are numerous ways to make money from game, you don't always have to participate on tournaments. If you are trying to stream, try Twitch instead of Youtube.

It's the reward bigger at twitch than YouTube? I've been with YouTube ever since I started elementary school, it's been a long while, unless you convince me about twitch. 

7 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

It's the reward bigger at twitch than YouTube? I've been with YouTube ever since I started elementary school, it's been a long while, unless you convince me about twitch. 

If you like action movies, would you like romance, comedy, horror, musical all elements packed into one movie, or would you specifically choose an actin movie? I hope you got the answer.